Author Topic: For Caryl: What we DO like about Spore  (Read 17881 times)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
Re: For Caryl: What we DO like about Spore
« Reply #120 on: September 22, 2008, 06:11:31 pm »
The patch seems to have created some problems for some people, but apart from that I LOVE what was put in it :)

The patch notes were a thrill to read through, because they showed that the devs really have been listening to us :-* It didn't address everything, but it addressed a great many things we've uttered concerns about here and gave me a confidence boost that it'll all be looked at with time.
THANK YOU! ;D

Indeed! Thanks you guys!

gec05

« Reply #121 on: September 22, 2008, 06:15:12 pm »
Kudos to the evoadvantage cheat. It is immensely appreciated. ;D

Offline Crowster

• Defender Devotee
  • It's Crow-Time, Baby!
    • View Profile
    • The Adventures of Crow-Man
« Reply #122 on: September 22, 2008, 06:41:22 pm »
I love playing god. Barren rock + terraforming tools + planet painting and sculpting + creature tweaker / create + monolith = awesome. I spent hours terraforming a planet, built a creature, hand-picked plants and animals for the ecosystem that "fit" with the planet I just sculpted, uplifted, and watched them grow and evolve all the way to space. When I opened the communication window with them for the first time, I almost forgot I was playing a game. Also, I was so happy that they grew up to be scientists just like their creator rather than filthy, filthy Spode worshipers.

I don't care if some people say it's "too simplistic" and "not what they were hoping for." The fact that I can come up with an idea like I described above and have such awesome results ... that's the kind of "depth" I love. Sure, maybe in the civ phase I can't come up with an ultimate strategy involving tech research, unit production, and resource monopolizing, but when I can set forth my own goals and actually have the game REWARD me for doing so, THAT'S the kind of "depth" I want. Creative depth.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 22, 2008, 07:43:01 pm »
Actually i think is easier to say what i do not like compared to what i like. But that is a good thing because i like so much about this game. One of the best game i have bought in a long time.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline AlfredO

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 23, 2008, 03:23:30 am »
I love the little guy at the start of Civilization that wants to invest in studying Pie, When can we have the pie editor and the pie stage?

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #125 on: September 23, 2008, 03:41:01 am »
I love the little guy at the start of Civilization that wants to invest in studying Pie, When can we have the pie editor and the pie stage?

Its a quiche is tell ya!

Offline Lippy

• Galaga General
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 23, 2008, 06:19:13 am »
Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!   ;D

I have yet to post here, so I must say that it was much more than I was expecting.  I really do appreciate all the hard work that went into     making this game.  Thank you very much for such a wonderful time sink. 

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #127 on: September 23, 2008, 06:39:49 am »
I like that it's finally a game that I'm craving to play. Being away from the computer for days has me itching to get back and check on my planets. I remember feeling this way when I played Sims2. I could get lost in the game world for hours.

Offline benjaminge

• Galaxian Guru
  • He said it, not me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 23, 2008, 06:48:11 am »
I love that each game feels very unique, that each player gets to play their own story.

My step-bro and I are always talking about what's happening in our individual games and it's never the same, where as with other games it's like "did you get to the bit where ... x ... happened". Some more cutscenes would be nice to add to this effect though :) more stuff like the pie!

Apparently the warning "do not try this at home" really means "do not try this at all"... no one told ME!!!!

Offline CosmicD

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 23, 2008, 07:39:55 am »
I like it how I feel when I nearly missed my objective of becoming another belief system and creating a new planet to do better the next time. Resulting in new creatrures, a new interaction with the creature and tribe phase and a totally different civilisation phase.

I like looking for epics and try imagining that I'm a wildlife cam that tries to folow it in what it does.
I like how in civ you can be totally overpowered by another nation who takes all cities and then you use patience as a gamepley element to get so much money that you can make yourself the winning nation and still have satisfaction from taking city after city where the overpowering nation seems much more smaller if they can't beat the flow of money you put in your vehicles and pummel them to defeat.

I like how the patch of the game sddenly prooves a large portion of game reviews wrong by creating a challenge which is interesting :P

Discovering stellar nurseries, binary stars and worm holes are really inspiring for story telling.