Author Topic: Bizarre Things in Spore  (Read 24098 times)

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
Re: Bizarre Things in Spore
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2008, 08:11:54 pm »
Bizarre things?  You mean like you have a ship that can survive going through a black hole, but it's still too dangerous to get near a gas giant?

Well, there goes the Cloud City idea...
Spore! Star Wars! Dinosaurs!
Fanfic!

I blame what I call the Scopes Law (When discussing evolution in the presence of a creationist, the discussion always becomes a religious debate).

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2008, 08:26:04 pm »
Its really just a fancy bit of programming for the simple reason that there is no ground to render, unlike rocky planets. I know it doesn't even make any sense, but if you think about it, there wouldn't be much to find or see inside a gas giants atmosphere and there is no way to create gas giant dwelling creatures.

From the 'Art of Spore' book that came with the Galactic Edition, the devs did play around with the idea of creatures living in gas giants, but abandoned it at some point.

Offline Prathik

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2008, 08:29:24 pm »
Its really just a fancy bit of programming for the simple reason that there is no ground to render, unlike rocky planets. I know it doesn't even make any sense, but if you think about it, there wouldn't be much to find or see inside a gas giants atmosphere and there is no way to create gas giant dwelling creatures.

From the 'Art of Spore' book that came with the Galactic Edition, the devs did play around with the idea of creatures living in gas giants, but abandoned it at some point.

But would be cool just to place a orbiter or station around it.. producing some kind of other commodity other than spice.. like.. gas? :P I hope they at least tackle something to do with gas-giants in the expansions.

Offline Slife

• Akalabeth Addict
  • A Duke of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2008, 08:55:58 pm »

Without major revisions, they could have just had the gas giant render a featureless and very foggy planet surface, with three paintable cloud layers and the ability to place a single colony anywhere you want.  The colony would produce spice of the same color as the gas giant.
All is number -Pythagoras

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2008, 09:11:51 pm »
I had an entire planet populated with different forms of my gradient. and an epic one, too.

I also got a whole team of minor-epics, all the same species
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Ondaderthad

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
    • Area32 - Westgate Builders
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2008, 09:35:48 pm »
Here is another Bizarre thing I found.

A Rock City:

I was able to place buildings under the rock.

Offline Gzillafan1

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2008, 11:23:39 pm »
Some bizarre/funny/weird/things that happened so far...

On some of my planets there are double sunsets and sometimes the sun doesnt set at all.Kind of cool

In the creature stage intro cut-scene,as my little dudes were walking onto land,there was this giant log thing rolling towards the water...right into the path of a ceature.It hit the little guy and knocked him back into the water.It was so funny,I could not stop laughing.Im laughing right now as I type.

In the second mission of the space stage,when I went to the planet with the ruins,I scaned it and the ships attacked me but they were the same ships as me.

Two rouges were in the ready to pounce stance with each other.They were doing this for like a minute but then an epic came along and killed one of the rouges which ended the stand off.

I was exploring a very unique barren world.When I was done studying its features I pulled away but as I was doing this a asteroid came crashing right into my ship and destroyed it. I had no idea those things could hit you.I was laughing so hard.I was saying to myself "what were the odds of that?"

Offline Neini

• Akalabeth Addict
  • BUNNY SMASH PUNY HUMANS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2008, 10:23:40 pm »
I was walking around, as my Nimbeech creature, and I found a nest of rhino-sized humans. They were pretty strong so I ignored them.

There was a tribe of Ciliamonster (yes, Abadox) on a barren T0 planet. I killed a few with the supersizer and creature tweaker by accident.

I was flying around space when I got a transmission. I checked it and, to my surprise, I was greeted by intestines with mustaches that told me to stay off their lawns. Quite nightmarish!

I was in the cell stage, and I found my mate. Shortly before laying the egg my mate was eaten by another cell.  :D

Offline AlfredO

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2008, 10:59:40 pm »
Okay, listen to this. I just got to Civ Stage with one creature, and at the begginig of the phase I go with the camera around to take a look at my world. And i find one epic creature. And another. And even another.

I just counted SIX EPIC CREATURES on my planet AT THE SAME TIME! Is that normal?

I just had about 6 in Hard Mode Creature and Tribal together (4 creature, 2 tribal). I was being social in Creature so I was using them to scatter tribes I was trying to be friend so they wouldn't all sing together. Then in Tribal one of them killed two tribes for me, I just needed to destroy the buildings.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2008, 11:47:14 pm »
Just had 5 epics in Creature phase, and two of them were the same species. I think my homworld is what you might call a jungle planet, as it's a very lush place full of life and heavily forested.

Anyways, in one game I had just extincted a creature when two eggs hatched and the same creature popped out with the mission thing blaring 'this creature is extinct!' at me as I killed them. Apparently they didn't know thier species was already extinct.

Also, I saw a packmate who was carnivorous reach for a fruit in a tree. I was 'huh? why is he eating fruit when he is a carnivore and eating them does nothing but make you barf?'. I did try eating some fruit earlier in that game, so no idea.

Offline AlfredO

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2008, 02:48:47 am »
my brother was playing 2 days ago, when he got to tribal, everything he encountered (epic, tribal, creature) were creatures I made called 'candydogs'. There was a huge melee going on with a Candydog Epic taking on a purple Candydog tribe and a Candydog creature pack.

Offline rflagg

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2008, 07:03:36 am »
On my most recent game, I was a meat eating aggressor in tribal, so I had the 'set trap' option to kill off local creature packs and harvest them for food.  So, I go over to a nearby group, and click on set trap - right then an epic comes out and picks up my chieftain!  He takes one bite out of him, halving his life.  Right as he goes to take the next bite, the trap goes off and kills the epic!  My chieftain fell to the ground and ran back to our tribe!

-m.

Offline Tobias

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2008, 09:26:20 pm »
  I don't know if I would call this bizarre but it was certainly sad.  An epic had just made its way over to my nest but wasn't attacking, it kept roaring at my creatures but hadn't yet done anything.  A baby version of my creature, which was very cute, picked up a stick and threw it at the epic.  The epic seemed unaffected and immediately killed the baby, before leaving the rest of my nest alone.  There was something very sad about seeing this cute little creature make a valiant yet futile attempt to defend its people.

Also, one time I was playing as an aggressive creature and was chasing a weak creature back to it's nest where I was sure to get an easy lunch and a cakewalk time of killing off the race.  Just as I get there they all wrapped themselves in these ugly, green, pulsing cocoons.  I waited for quite some time for them to exit the cocoons, and when they did, they were much more deadly creatures that promptly kicked my ass.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 09:28:16 pm by Tobias »
Earth has been a lovely place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live here.

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2008, 10:27:27 pm »
I just noticed a new Tribal Hut. I've played all sorts of creatures from cell to space but iv never seen this b4. Im playing a herbivore race of "Pagarni" and I've got a new hut, its round and got leaves on top of it and stuff. Is this new?

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2008, 10:35:26 pm »
I just noticed a new Tribal Hut. I've played all sorts of creatures from cell to space but iv never seen this b4. Im playing a herbivore race of "Pagarni" and I've got a new hut, its round and got leaves on top of it and stuff. Is this new?

No, I've gotten it before. The hut you get is kind of random, but I think it may be partially based on diet type.