Author Topic: Bizarre Things in Spore  (Read 24099 times)

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
Re: Bizarre Things in Spore
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2008, 04:48:14 pm »
The norm for me has been a crowded region of space with no less than 5 sentients within 10 parsecs, I think 10 parsecs anyway.

I wish it would be less crowded, lol.

Offline vonboy

• Centipede Crackerjack
  • the tiniest evil thing known to man and willosaurs
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2008, 07:34:02 pm »
I was playing tribal stage today, and I was about to attack a rival tribe when I noticed there was an epic there (forgot the name, but it was hydro's, and I took a pick of it. Maybe I'll post it later). All the tribe members where dead, and the epic had about 100 health left :D. I took the tribe out easy, and I got about 150 food from the epic lol.
Quote from: ilikedirt
your spores are wack

Fatal Error: You're creature is crap. You're computer will now explode.

check out my sporepedia page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/vonboy

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2008, 08:21:21 pm »
I was playing through the creature stage and there were about three 'rogue' creatures running around killing everything in sight. Because i was so social i was actually able to get all three into my band. From there on out we killed everything in sight.

Offline Ondaderthad

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
    • Area32 - Westgate Builders
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2008, 08:42:10 pm »
Then when I get the mission to contact other species, I find that there's NOT A SINGLE SPACEFARING ALIEN in about 20 parsecs. I found 5 or 6 tribal species, but nobody on the space stage.

This has almost been the norm for me. I think it has to do with random luck and how far down the Galactic Arm you're planet is.

Maybe it has something to do with the Date? I mean the number of millions year it took you to reach space. If you evolve from cell to space faster then you might get there before other races had time to evolve.

Just a guess. But it would be good to know for sure.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2008, 08:49:33 pm »
I'm going to rely a story I had in the Civ Phase today.

There was this epic living out side the city of a neighbor. It was far enough away from the city that it should be fine. I start trading with the city and buy it out. 'Lo and behold, the Epic starts terrorizing the city... destroying all buildings and wreaking havoc. So I sell everything. There is only the town hall left. The epic, for nearly the rest of the game, is attacking this town hall because it cannot destroy it. Eventually it winds up inside the city walls. Oh great.. even if I do buy a military city, that makes fighting it that much harder. So I leave it alone for awhile as it continually pounds this city. Eventually I get tired of it and tired of sitting on my gobs and gobs of money and having a wasted city. Since the Epic is focusing on the Town Hall which can't be destroyed, I build two houses the farthest away from it I can. They survive. I say to myself awesome, I can build a few more economic units. So my with my gobs of money.. I decide it's time to rid myself of this thing. I place 4 turrets on my city walls and watch as they turn to engage the epic. He fires at one and halves it's life. I go to the city planner and sell it for 1000$ credits. I place another. I keep doing this until eventually the epic lays dead in the center of the city done in by measly turrets that die in 2 hits. I was able to do this because the player controls the balance. I could pause, zoom, build, at will. I could do this in my cities if I wanted to micromanage and make sure I'd never lose a city (if I had the money). It was kind of rewarding to fell this nuisance who kept attacking this village as if it was a replica of Tokyo from a Godzilla movie.

Being a completely Economic race can present some problems, such as your inability to deal with Epics.
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2008, 10:05:54 pm »
The great advantage with economic civs though is that you have ample resources in your hands. Which works great when trying to manipulate the other cities into killing each other. 8)

Though, I really have to agree with you on epics.

Anyways, when I was in space stage, I decided to travel to another save game. When I got there, I went down to the save planet and wandered around for a bit, trying to find the save creature there. And guess what I found. My own race (the one I'm currently flying my ship with) in creature stage! O.o I loled when I saw it! :D ;D

Talk about coincidence! :D

Offline Captain Indigo

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2008, 11:12:38 pm »
I'm going to rely a story I had in the Civ Phase today.

There was this epic living out side the city of a neighbor. It was far enough away from the city that it should be fine. I start trading with the city and buy it out. 'Lo and behold, the Epic starts terrorizing the city... destroying all buildings and wreaking havoc. So I sell everything. There is only the town hall left. The epic, for nearly the rest of the game, is attacking this town hall because it cannot destroy it. Eventually it winds up inside the city walls. Oh great.. even if I do buy a military city, that makes fighting it that much harder. So I leave it alone for awhile as it continually pounds this city. Eventually I get tired of it and tired of sitting on my gobs and gobs of money and having a wasted city. Since the Epic is focusing on the Town Hall which can't be destroyed, I build two houses the farthest away from it I can. They survive. I say to myself awesome, I can build a few more economic units. So my with my gobs of money.. I decide it's time to rid myself of this thing. I place 4 turrets on my city walls and watch as they turn to engage the epic. He fires at one and halves it's life. I go to the city planner and sell it for 1000$ credits. I place another. I keep doing this until eventually the epic lays dead in the center of the city done in by measly turrets that die in 2 hits. I was able to do this because the player controls the balance. I could pause, zoom, build, at will. I could do this in my cities if I wanted to micromanage and make sure I'd never lose a city (if I had the money). It was kind of rewarding to fell this nuisance who kept attacking this village as if it was a replica of Tokyo from a Godzilla movie.

Being a completely Economic race can present some problems, such as your inability to deal with Epics.

Same happened to me, but I didn't manage to kill it >_>

^^Click^^

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2008, 06:45:51 pm »
There was this one system near me where I sensed that a tribe has sprouted. When I went to take a look, I found several tribes of bird-like creatures. I was quite surprised to see them there, considering the fact that the planet they were currently living on was T0 with only one species of medium and small plants. :o

Talk about resilience. :P

Also, where could they have possibly come from? Panspermia? :P

As far as I know, a war never broke out between anyone in our system until I started conquering the Spode fans in our neighborhood so it couldn't have been a case of regression. :-\

Offline eleazar

• Revenging Yar
    • View Profile
    • my spore creatures
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2008, 07:41:13 pm »

If you noticed the intro video to cell, Panspermia is the explanation for life— at least on your home planet.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2008, 08:12:03 pm »

If you noticed the intro video to cell, Panspermia is the explanation for life— at least on your home planet.

I know that, but where did the bird tribes come from? They couldn't have possibly hitched a ride on a meteorite when it crashed into their waterless planet. :-\

How could they survive in a T0 planet and my colonists can't?

They were the only living things there, except for two plant species.

The thing is, they couldn't have evolved on that planet, let alone survive in it's T0 atmosphere, yet they couldn't be a case of regression since they have only just entered tribal. :-\

I'll post a picture when I come back. Pretty weird bunch of creatures. -.-
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 08:13:36 pm by Yuu »

Offline vonboy

• Centipede Crackerjack
  • the tiniest evil thing known to man and willosaurs
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2008, 06:40:54 am »
could they be a tribe of grox?
Quote from: ilikedirt
your spores are wack

Fatal Error: You're creature is crap. You're computer will now explode.

check out my sporepedia page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/vonboy

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2008, 02:17:43 pm »
Well, looks like if you have established an empire in space if you delete the savegame, the empire lives on as an AI controlled empire. I just ran into the Pholqua VI race that I had made but deleted the gamesave of, and I had a small empire there. When I went over there, everything was still there, even my relic stash on the moon!!

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2008, 06:08:46 pm »
Wow! That's awesome to hear! Will try it out soon! 8)

could they be a tribe of grox?

They look similar to the Birdy race. The ones that are yellow and have small beady eyes.

They're pretty much prospering on that planet.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 06:10:49 pm by Yuu »

Offline Absinth

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • Check out my creatures on the sporepedia
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2008, 06:42:04 pm »
Bizarre in my game today was my placement of my 2nd nest.
Right next a Epic creature and not far away a 2nd Epic.
I was more hoping for a Epic battle but it didn't happen.
As a matter of fact they took turns terrorizing the hood, leaving me no other option then to run away often and recruiting my pack with different species.
Spore has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men.

My sporepedia page
My gamingsteve creature page

Offline Slife

• Akalabeth Addict
  • A Duke of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2008, 06:57:33 pm »
Bizarre things?  You mean like you have a ship that can survive going through a black hole, but it's still too dangerous to get near a gas giant?
All is number -Pythagoras