Author Topic: Bizarre Things in Spore  (Read 24360 times)

Offline Moogie

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bizarre Things in Spore
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2008, 07:24:06 am »
Here is another Bizarre thing I found.

A Rock City:

I was able to place buildings under the rock.

It has a seaport! damn those AI and their ability to create seaport colonies!! :'(

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2008, 08:37:39 am »
They seem to be able to use the aircraft to get spice from sea derricks anyway.

Also, I don't see much of a point of having a port on that particular planet when its a frozen sea and conventional ships aren't going anywhere on that.

Offline Moogie

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2008, 10:00:55 am »
That's just a double smack in the face for us humes who can't even build them on WATERY worlds. *Shakes fist* xD

Offline eleazar

• Revenging Yar
    • View Profile
    • my spore creatures
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2008, 11:39:55 am »
That's just a double smack in the face for us humes who can't even build them on WATERY worlds. *Shakes fist* xD

Besides the really big round space of flat land that it adds to any colony is ugly.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2008, 06:57:59 pm »
I have a world with a sea port colony the onyl way I managed it though was I set down the colony pack while in T1 and while lifting to T3 the seas rose up causing a sea port.

Offline Neini

• Akalabeth Addict
  • BUNNY SMASH PUNY HUMANS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2008, 09:44:54 pm »
I was trying to feed food to an animal in the tribal stage. When the tribe member put it down, the animal walked over to him and hugged him. It kept hugging until I moved my tribe members. It was so cute!

Offline eleazar

• Revenging Yar
    • View Profile
    • my spore creatures
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2008, 11:30:02 pm »
I saw a piece of fruit fall off a tree, roll down a steep hill and hit a creature.
The creature responded with the "!@#*" type word bubble.

It seems like there's a fair amount of interesting interactions that you can't really do anything with or predict.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2008, 01:10:21 am »
I was trying to feed food to an animal in the tribal stage. When the tribe member put it down, the animal walked over to him and hugged him. It kept hugging until I moved my tribe members. It was so cute!

awwww. :3

Was your critter a social herbivore? I'd really want to see that. :)

Offline Neini

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2008, 10:09:18 am »

awwww. :3

Was your critter a social herbivore? I'd really want to see that. :)

It was an agressive herbivore that likes pets. It looked more like a glitch than anything but it was still cute!

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2008, 01:10:27 pm »
I saw a piece of fruit fall off a tree, roll down a steep hill and hit a creature.
The creature responded with the "!@#*" type word bubble.

It seems like there's a fair amount of interesting interactions that you can't really do anything with or predict.

Speaking of that bubble. I saw that once when I was playing a flying insectoid species, and a very good predator at that. I was flying towards a group of creatures when I saw one of them give that bubble over them right before I attacked. It was sort of like they spotted me and one of them went 'oh s**t!!' *gets stabbed by a reapermantis (the part)*

I've also gotten the question mark when doing social with some creature and the particular creature I was doing was legless and the other was doing a dance animation. Thats just an example as I've seen it in other instances.

The '!$%@' type word bubble also comes up when one of your packmates spots (or perhaps hears) an epic, which can actually help when you didn't see it.

Offline AtmaDarkwolf

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2008, 05:53:56 pm »
two things I noticed yesterday while playing a new species and just hitting spacestage.

The first planet the 'tutorial' missions asks you to terraform i did to T1, and left. When I came back a few minutes later, it had an epic on it. (One of the types I put in, so I guess epics can randomly happen?)

2nd was same game, just hitting space, when u have to 'buy' the first star drive, there was an object in there, that was *** (name and description was ***) and it cost 1 spore buck... so I bought it. Still dont know what it did or what it was.

Offline Neini

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2008, 09:09:47 pm »
Here it is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYIcilQ0Lhw

Added a few annonations to show what my tribe could of been saying at the time.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2008, 09:17:41 pm »
lol! It looked more like it was trying to hump your creature though.

Edit: oh yea, while its probably more of a glitch, but I've been getting the unhappy face for systems that aren't even inhabited. Just thought it was a little wierd for that to happen in a system that nobody lives in.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 09:20:00 pm by smjjames »

Offline Gzillafan1

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2008, 01:14:01 am »
I had a funny momment today.I was in cell stage and I was hunting down a tiny cell.Out of no where came 3 different epic cells.They were all around me and the tiny cell.They were coming at me and the little guy at full speed because they were riding a flow.The little cell started glitching,turning in all directions,not knowing who to swim away from.The flows converged on each other and it was massive micro chaos.I ended up getting the little cell and escaped the dog pile.

The second funny thing about the same situation was that the epic cells got stuck to each other and were also glitching and crying out in pain.I was laughing so hard and wasnt paying attention,so I swam straight into the mouth of another epic cell.

Offline AtmaDarkwolf

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2008, 06:19:45 am »
LOL  anew one today. Stacked colonies.

First happened when I tried to drop a colony while a large plant was behind my ship(U know the bug where it seems to want to lock onto the tree and sends whatever your beaming down across the planet)

So i tried to test it, dropping a tree and clicking the same spot on that said tree, and yippie, I stacked 3 colonies ontop of each other, then dropped all the colony extra's(loyalty booster, spice storage, etc) ontop of them. problem is.. it takes a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time. (U drop colony and it orbits the planet a few times before it lands or something, and while it's in flight, u can't do anything else....lol)

Unfortunately... u are able to grab the buildings from 1 city while in the editor of another.. and if u place said building down inside the editor of the one u are building, the game crashes.

But at least if u know how to place the buildings, u never have to move any.got 3-4 planets that way before I 'moved' a factory(and crashed)

Pretty funny though, wonder how good of a defense that would be, 24 turrets all shooting at the same ship, while said ship tries to kill the spice storage(which always seems to be the priority target for attack ships)