Author Topic: Bizarre Things in Spore  (Read 24357 times)

Offline Butterfly Knight

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
Bizarre Things in Spore
« on: September 13, 2008, 11:35:17 pm »
I noticed that, if you go into the Sporepedia and search everything for the Yoyo creature, it looks alot like a red Grox with a bigger head, horns, and no space stuff.

Its really wierd in my opinion because he's insanely similar with those changes.

Another bizarre thing. I don't know if its me, or other people have seen it too, but alot of stuff in spore is kind of.. creepy. I've been extremely paranoid about deep water for years, and when I swam out into the sea only to get eaten by a gigantic green fish.. I nearly ALT+4'd because it just freaked me out so hard even though it was unintentional. There has been a few times in Spore where a random thing just sent a shiver in me. Maybe its just me.. Anyone else had a similar experience?

Offline Gzillafan1

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
Re: Bizarre Things in Spore
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 12:45:52 am »
Well,I've had chills from breath-taking experiences and "omg run" experiences.There was this ugly epic...I mean really ugly.I subscribed to a certain Sporecast,one with ugly,realistic things and this thing was a walking muscle/meat wad.It was a pale pink and bloody,no arms,no legs,just a blob, and very tall for an epic.The scariest part was when I was heading for a large jungle for cover, it reard back and its entire body mass came within inches of crashing down on me.

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 12:48:38 am »
Well,I've had chills from breath-taking experiences and "omg run" experiences.There was this ugly epic...I mean really ugly.I subscribed to a certain Sporecast,one with ugly,realistic things and this thing was a walking muscle/meat wad.It was a pale pink and bloody,no arms,no legs,just a blob, and very tall for an epic.The scariest part was when I was heading for a large jungle for cover, it reard back and its entire body mass came within inches of crashing down on me.

My god; an epic terrestrial Blobfish!

That's enough to make anyone squirm...
Spore! Star Wars! Dinosaurs!
Fanfic!

I blame what I call the Scopes Law (When discussing evolution in the presence of a creationist, the discussion always becomes a religious debate).

Offline Beatnuki

• Scramble Skipper
  • Wilco Hex, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
    • Beatnuki's Chunk of Funk (which seemed like a good idea at the time)
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 05:59:19 am »
I went on a mad escapade of wormhole-hopping a couple of days ago (and somehow actually amanged to get back home, was a big adventure!).

But every time I zoomed into the black hole, I felt this tremendous sense of unease and apprehension, even though I knew it'd just lead to the swoopy tunnel cutscene I love so much. I don't know why, but the initial jump into the maw of the singularity seems to give me the jitters.

Which is just ridiculous!
If you peruse my things, you get POINTS!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Beatnuki

Only trouble is, they're Whose Line Is It Anyway points, which are infamously not worth anything.

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 06:07:00 am »
I went on a mad escapade of wormhole-hopping a couple of days ago (and somehow actually amanged to get back home, was a big adventure!).

But every time I zoomed into the black hole, I felt this tremendous sense of unease and apprehension, even though I knew it'd just lead to the swoopy tunnel cutscene I love so much. I don't know why, but the initial jump into the maw of the singularity seems to give me the jitters.

Which is just ridiculous!

Actually, considering what a black hole ACTUALLY does in real life, that isn't so ridiculous at all  :P
* Plank of Wood slaps

GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF MAN. THE REVIEWS DO NOT EFFECT ANYTHING EVER.

QFT

Offline Beatnuki

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 06:13:48 am »
Actually, considering what a black hole ACTUALLY does in real life, that isn't so ridiculous at all  :P

Well, that's very true. But I already know it's a wormhole, not a black hole. I guess my brain just can't get past the whole "it's-supposed-to-go-slurp-slurp-aaaaaargh-pop" thing.

Also, one or two of the space empires I've met have had these really squeaky voices that sound like talking being played backwards. It's mildly creepy, because they're usually cute or have the eyes with big eyelashes, making them seem akin to satanic Easter bunnies or something.

On the subject of space empire noises, though, anyone else really love it when you open a trade window with certain empires and you get that kind of adventurous-8-bit-game song? I leave the trade window open as long as I can to listen to that one.  ;D

Only trouble is, they're Whose Line Is It Anyway points, which are infamously not worth anything.

Offline rustybrazenfire

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 08:38:29 am »
Bizarre comes naturally with Spore.  From creepy to cute to realisitc, you'll see it all.

To me this makes it a very Douglas Adams universe.  I mean, if you explore enough planets you'll eventually find a species that looks like something.  I've run into inanimate objects walking around and eating Earth species, for example.

Offline Moogie

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 08:51:45 am »
I was going to post this in a new thread, but it's kinda insignificant, and I guess it'll fit here.

I found a cute/silly blooper in one of the game files.

option OptionTutorialsEnabled
   # Whoever put this in -- if you are setting
   # an app property below, the app property needs
   # to be defined. I defined it for you, and then
   # it seems to have been removed again. So I'm
   # commenting out these to avoid the error messages.
    setting $Off
        # boolProp ShowTutorials false
    setting $On
        # boolProp ShowTutorials true
end

Programmer infighting? ;D I don't know, it just made me 'lol'.

Offline Beatnuki

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 09:04:43 am »
Haha! That's kind of like the kind of note you'd find on a fridge in a shared apartment.

"Okay, look, I know one of you guys took my sandwich, it was in a brown paper bag and I was saving it for when I got back from work. I don't want to start throwing accusations at anyone, but I do take the theft of my sandwiches rather seriously. Are we really going to have to start labelling things with our names?"

To me this makes it a very Douglas Adams universe.  I mean, if you explore enough planets you'll eventually find a species that looks like something.  I've run into inanimate objects walking around and eating Earth species, for example.

I find that as well, and it's one of the things I really like about the game. I also like that the rampant copyright infringement means it's the ultimate crossover universe; just the other day I played a tribal game with Lemmings and the first tribe I encountered was a group of Yoshis.  ;D

Offline Zaefyr

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
    • Zaefyr's Spore Page
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2008, 09:06:20 am »
Also, one or two of the space empires I've met have had these really squeaky voices that sound like talking being played backwards. It's mildly creepy, because they're usually cute or have the eyes with big eyelashes, making them seem akin to satanic Easter bunnies or something.

On the subject of space empire noises, though, anyone else really love it when you open a trade window with certain empires and you get that kind of adventurous-8-bit-game song? I leave the trade window open as long as I can to listen to that one.  ;D

LOL, I like listening to the voices. I personally don't find them disturbing, just amusingly strange at times. I like listening to the synthesizer voices of Shaman empires. It's just plain weird.

As for that 8-bit game music... yep, very cool. If I'm not mistaken, it's the theme song for M.U.L.E, a classic life simulator game which must have influenced Spore. I'm not old enough to be familiar with M.U.L.E. or other classic games of its time, but after recently finding out about it, I think that's where the music comes from. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2008, 09:08:40 am »
Bizarre comes naturally with Spore.  From creepy to cute to realisitc, you'll see it all.

Lets just hope the matresses are thoroughly killed, or we're all DOOMED. ;)
Fanfic!

I blame what I call the Scopes Law (When discussing evolution in the presence of a creationist, the discussion always becomes a religious debate).

Offline Parkaboy

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2008, 04:10:53 pm »
Okay, listen to this. I just got to Civ Stage with one creature, and at the begginig of the phase I go with the camera around to take a look at my world. And i find one epic creature. And another. And even another.

I just counted SIX EPIC CREATURES on my planet AT THE SAME TIME! Is that normal?

Offline Hyfrydle

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2008, 04:15:06 pm »
I've come across three epics on one of my planets so I guess more is possible but probably quite rare.

Offline Elyanna

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Spore Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2008, 04:18:16 pm »
Okay, listen to this. I just got to Civ Stage with one creature, and at the begginig of the phase I go with the camera around to take a look at my world. And i find one epic creature. And another. And even another.

I just counted SIX EPIC CREATURES on my planet AT THE SAME TIME! Is that normal?

No, that's awesome.
My spore profile: http://www.spore.com/view/profile/elyanna
I like to make plausible creatures.

Offline Parkaboy

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2008, 05:46:00 pm »

No, that's awesome.

Heh, just conquered the planet as a religious civ with the help of the epics. They followed my religious Zeppelins and wrecked 3 enemy cities.

Offline Zamaza

• Bezerk Brawler
  • Daydreaming at Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2008, 07:52:10 pm »
You mean everyone doesn't normally have 4-6 epics on their starting planet?...

hmm...

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2008, 07:55:13 pm »

hmm...

Most i have had is 4.

Normally i have about 3.

Once i had 0..i was sad... :'(

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2008, 08:35:39 pm »
I remember there being 2 on my continent at civ phase they were killed by various nations int he game. 1 of them was by my nation but to be fair it was attacking my city but to be totally unfair I was using the fact it was attacking the city as a distraction that allowed me to take the city and convert it to me. At which point the epic have about 5 health left and died rather quickly.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2008, 02:13:50 am »
I rarely find any epics, do planets have to be T3 to support epics?

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline Ondaderthad

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
    • Area32 - Westgate Builders
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2008, 10:41:36 am »

As for that 8-bit game music... yep, very cool. If I'm not mistaken, it's the theme song for M.U.L.E, a classic life simulator game which must have influenced Spore. I'm not old enough to be familiar with M.U.L.E. or other classic games of its time, but after recently finding out about it, I think that's where the music comes from. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I am old enough to remember it.

listen to The Music of M.U.L.E (Multiple Use Labor Element) By Dani Bunten.

M.U.L.E was an early EA game and Will Wright in 2000 dedicated The Sims to Bunten (1949-1998)

Offline eleazar

• Revenging Yar
    • View Profile
    • my spore creatures
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2008, 10:45:06 am »
Yesterday i ran into a hostile alien race that was flying my current flagship!

I've complained about how the signature content of the current game you are playing gets spread around in a confusing way, but, as some have said, you can argue that its part of the story, and makes the game more fun.

But duplicating the player's spaceship IMHO crosses a line to unambiguously bad.  There's no meta-explanation about an alien abducting your spaceship in the past.  Chances are you just designed that spaceship a little while ago.

But the main complaint is that dogfights are confusing enough already with all the explosions, quick-moving ships etc.  When i'm in a mass of ships all of which look exactly like mine, it's not possible to know what's going on.

Offline Martham112

• Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2008, 10:51:50 am »

M.U.L.E was an early EA game and Will Wright in 2000 dedicated The Sims to Bunten (1949-1998)

Thank you so much! Added to my iTunes.

Offline Beatnuki

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2008, 11:30:08 am »

Thank you so much! Added to my iTunes.

Me too! Thanks for the link, that's fantastic. It's surprisingly epic for an 8bit tune, I bet it'd sound awesome as a fully modernised orchestral theme.

Now let's see if I can work out the notes and turn it into a mini-Spore anthem....  ::)

Anyway! I had a bizarre happening last night. The Grox trashed my homeworld, literally wiped every city of it, was heartbreaking; as the last city vanished in a cataclysmic explosion, the com button thingy began to flash, showing an incoming message. I expected it to be the leader of my planet wailing in anguish; "Oh, you fool, you fool!!! Your late arrival and craptacular combat abilities have cost us the very planet we call home. NICE ONE, DUDE, REAL QUALITY THERE."

But no, I instead get the generic, "Hey, thanks, we couldn't have done it without you!" congratulatory message, because the game recognised the Grox as leaving (they had nothing left to obliterate) and assumed I'd driven them away. It was kind of bizarre.

Offline Telluric

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2008, 11:36:16 am »

Is there any way to pick up epics and collect them in Space stage?

Monster Island!
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." - George Carlin

Offline Elyanna

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Spore Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2008, 11:38:47 am »

Monster Island!

There's a tool to make creatures epic.
My spore profile: http://www.spore.com/view/profile/elyanna
I like to make plausible creatures.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2008, 11:39:32 am »

Monster Island!

No, BUT you can get a tool to make creatures Epic. Abduct normal creatures, make them Epic and watch them fight to the death a la "King of Monsters".
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Captain Indigo

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2008, 01:33:26 pm »

No, that's awesome.

Heh, just conquered the planet as a religious civ with the help of the epics. They followed my religious Zeppelins and wrecked 3 enemy cities.

God, I got so pissed off with an epic in civ stage - it had 3000 health, and just sat it one of my cities, destroying anything I built there. And for some reason, I couldn't attack it as it was inside my city walls.

;_;

Anyway! I had a bizarre happening last night. The Grox trashed my homeworld, literally wiped every city of it, was heartbreaking; as the last city vanished in a cataclysmic explosion, the com button thingy began to flash, showing an incoming message. I expected it to be the leader of my planet wailing in anguish; "Oh, you fool, you fool!!! Your late arrival and craptacular combat abilities have cost us the very planet we call home. NICE ONE, DUDE, REAL QUALITY THERE."

I just ignore my homeplanet - if it gets destroyed, a new city is automatically made, and it barely produces any spice anyway.

^^Click^^

Offline Parkaboy

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2008, 03:34:00 pm »
Well, my bizarre game strikes back.

Remember the planet with 6 epics on civ stage? Well, that species got to space, and started to explore.

First I found a system where a planet was on an irregular orbit, really close to its sun. Almost touching it, even.

Then when I get the mission to contact other species, I find that there's NOT A SINGLE SPACEFARING ALIEN in about 20 parsecs. I found 5 or 6 tribal species, but nobody on the space stage.

Funny thing is, I got the achievement for playing quickly through the tribal stage, I wonder if I got to space too soon? Lol, I think I'll wipe out those little tribals and rule this sector all by myself.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2008, 04:21:30 pm »
Then when I get the mission to contact other species, I find that there's NOT A SINGLE SPACEFARING ALIEN in about 20 parsecs. I found 5 or 6 tribal species, but nobody on the space stage.

This has almost been the norm for me. I think it has to do with random luck and how far down the Galactic Arm you're planet is.
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Pietoro

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2008, 04:44:17 pm »
Well, my bizarre game strikes back.

Remember the planet with 6 epics on civ stage? Well, that species got to space, and started to explore.

First I found a system where a planet was on an irregular orbit, really close to its sun. Almost touching it, even.

Funny thing is, I got the achievement for playing quickly through the tribal stage, I wonder if I got to space too soon? Lol, I think I'll wipe out those little tribals and rule this sector all by myself.

Wow, that's actually really awesome. No fear of attacks, and you can pick and choose the best planets!
"Ooh rabba la dee teeb, ooh babba labba squeeb!"

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2008, 04:48:14 pm »
The norm for me has been a crowded region of space with no less than 5 sentients within 10 parsecs, I think 10 parsecs anyway.

I wish it would be less crowded, lol.

Offline vonboy

• Centipede Crackerjack
  • the tiniest evil thing known to man and willosaurs
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2008, 07:34:02 pm »
I was playing tribal stage today, and I was about to attack a rival tribe when I noticed there was an epic there (forgot the name, but it was hydro's, and I took a pick of it. Maybe I'll post it later). All the tribe members where dead, and the epic had about 100 health left :D. I took the tribe out easy, and I got about 150 food from the epic lol.
Quote from: ilikedirt
your spores are wack

Fatal Error: You're creature is crap. You're computer will now explode.

check out my sporepedia page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/vonboy

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2008, 08:21:21 pm »
I was playing through the creature stage and there were about three 'rogue' creatures running around killing everything in sight. Because i was so social i was actually able to get all three into my band. From there on out we killed everything in sight.

Offline Ondaderthad

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2008, 08:42:10 pm »

This has almost been the norm for me. I think it has to do with random luck and how far down the Galactic Arm you're planet is.

Maybe it has something to do with the Date? I mean the number of millions year it took you to reach space. If you evolve from cell to space faster then you might get there before other races had time to evolve.

Just a guess. But it would be good to know for sure.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2008, 08:49:33 pm »
I'm going to rely a story I had in the Civ Phase today.

There was this epic living out side the city of a neighbor. It was far enough away from the city that it should be fine. I start trading with the city and buy it out. 'Lo and behold, the Epic starts terrorizing the city... destroying all buildings and wreaking havoc. So I sell everything. There is only the town hall left. The epic, for nearly the rest of the game, is attacking this town hall because it cannot destroy it. Eventually it winds up inside the city walls. Oh great.. even if I do buy a military city, that makes fighting it that much harder. So I leave it alone for awhile as it continually pounds this city. Eventually I get tired of it and tired of sitting on my gobs and gobs of money and having a wasted city. Since the Epic is focusing on the Town Hall which can't be destroyed, I build two houses the farthest away from it I can. They survive. I say to myself awesome, I can build a few more economic units. So my with my gobs of money.. I decide it's time to rid myself of this thing. I place 4 turrets on my city walls and watch as they turn to engage the epic. He fires at one and halves it's life. I go to the city planner and sell it for 1000$ credits. I place another. I keep doing this until eventually the epic lays dead in the center of the city done in by measly turrets that die in 2 hits. I was able to do this because the player controls the balance. I could pause, zoom, build, at will. I could do this in my cities if I wanted to micromanage and make sure I'd never lose a city (if I had the money). It was kind of rewarding to fell this nuisance who kept attacking this village as if it was a replica of Tokyo from a Godzilla movie.

Being a completely Economic race can present some problems, such as your inability to deal with Epics.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2008, 10:05:54 pm »
The great advantage with economic civs though is that you have ample resources in your hands. Which works great when trying to manipulate the other cities into killing each other. 8)

Though, I really have to agree with you on epics.

Anyways, when I was in space stage, I decided to travel to another save game. When I got there, I went down to the save planet and wandered around for a bit, trying to find the save creature there. And guess what I found. My own race (the one I'm currently flying my ship with) in creature stage! O.o I loled when I saw it! :D ;D

Talk about coincidence! :D

Offline Captain Indigo

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2008, 11:12:38 pm »
I'm going to rely a story I had in the Civ Phase today.

There was this epic living out side the city of a neighbor. It was far enough away from the city that it should be fine. I start trading with the city and buy it out. 'Lo and behold, the Epic starts terrorizing the city... destroying all buildings and wreaking havoc. So I sell everything. There is only the town hall left. The epic, for nearly the rest of the game, is attacking this town hall because it cannot destroy it. Eventually it winds up inside the city walls. Oh great.. even if I do buy a military city, that makes fighting it that much harder. So I leave it alone for awhile as it continually pounds this city. Eventually I get tired of it and tired of sitting on my gobs and gobs of money and having a wasted city. Since the Epic is focusing on the Town Hall which can't be destroyed, I build two houses the farthest away from it I can. They survive. I say to myself awesome, I can build a few more economic units. So my with my gobs of money.. I decide it's time to rid myself of this thing. I place 4 turrets on my city walls and watch as they turn to engage the epic. He fires at one and halves it's life. I go to the city planner and sell it for 1000$ credits. I place another. I keep doing this until eventually the epic lays dead in the center of the city done in by measly turrets that die in 2 hits. I was able to do this because the player controls the balance. I could pause, zoom, build, at will. I could do this in my cities if I wanted to micromanage and make sure I'd never lose a city (if I had the money). It was kind of rewarding to fell this nuisance who kept attacking this village as if it was a replica of Tokyo from a Godzilla movie.

Being a completely Economic race can present some problems, such as your inability to deal with Epics.

Same happened to me, but I didn't manage to kill it >_>

^^Click^^

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2008, 06:45:51 pm »
There was this one system near me where I sensed that a tribe has sprouted. When I went to take a look, I found several tribes of bird-like creatures. I was quite surprised to see them there, considering the fact that the planet they were currently living on was T0 with only one species of medium and small plants. :o

Talk about resilience. :P

Also, where could they have possibly come from? Panspermia? :P

As far as I know, a war never broke out between anyone in our system until I started conquering the Spode fans in our neighborhood so it couldn't have been a case of regression. :-\

Offline eleazar

• Revenging Yar
    • View Profile
    • my spore creatures
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2008, 07:41:13 pm »

If you noticed the intro video to cell, Panspermia is the explanation for life— at least on your home planet.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2008, 08:12:03 pm »

If you noticed the intro video to cell, Panspermia is the explanation for life— at least on your home planet.

I know that, but where did the bird tribes come from? They couldn't have possibly hitched a ride on a meteorite when it crashed into their waterless planet. :-\

How could they survive in a T0 planet and my colonists can't?

They were the only living things there, except for two plant species.

The thing is, they couldn't have evolved on that planet, let alone survive in it's T0 atmosphere, yet they couldn't be a case of regression since they have only just entered tribal. :-\

I'll post a picture when I come back. Pretty weird bunch of creatures. -.-
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 08:13:36 pm by Yuu »

Offline vonboy

• Centipede Crackerjack
  • the tiniest evil thing known to man and willosaurs
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2008, 06:40:54 am »
could they be a tribe of grox?
Quote from: ilikedirt
your spores are wack

Fatal Error: You're creature is crap. You're computer will now explode.

check out my sporepedia page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/vonboy

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2008, 02:17:43 pm »
Well, looks like if you have established an empire in space if you delete the savegame, the empire lives on as an AI controlled empire. I just ran into the Pholqua VI race that I had made but deleted the gamesave of, and I had a small empire there. When I went over there, everything was still there, even my relic stash on the moon!!

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2008, 06:08:46 pm »
Wow! That's awesome to hear! Will try it out soon! 8)

could they be a tribe of grox?

They look similar to the Birdy race. The ones that are yellow and have small beady eyes.

They're pretty much prospering on that planet.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 06:10:49 pm by Yuu »

Offline Absinth

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • Check out my creatures on the sporepedia
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2008, 06:42:04 pm »
Bizarre in my game today was my placement of my 2nd nest.
Right next a Epic creature and not far away a 2nd Epic.
I was more hoping for a Epic battle but it didn't happen.
As a matter of fact they took turns terrorizing the hood, leaving me no other option then to run away often and recruiting my pack with different species.
Spore has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men.

My sporepedia page
My gamingsteve creature page

Offline Slife

• Akalabeth Addict
  • A Duke of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2008, 06:57:33 pm »
Bizarre things?  You mean like you have a ship that can survive going through a black hole, but it's still too dangerous to get near a gas giant?
All is number -Pythagoras

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2008, 08:11:54 pm »
Bizarre things?  You mean like you have a ship that can survive going through a black hole, but it's still too dangerous to get near a gas giant?

Well, there goes the Cloud City idea...
Fanfic!

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2008, 08:26:04 pm »
Its really just a fancy bit of programming for the simple reason that there is no ground to render, unlike rocky planets. I know it doesn't even make any sense, but if you think about it, there wouldn't be much to find or see inside a gas giants atmosphere and there is no way to create gas giant dwelling creatures.

From the 'Art of Spore' book that came with the Galactic Edition, the devs did play around with the idea of creatures living in gas giants, but abandoned it at some point.

Offline Prathik

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2008, 08:29:24 pm »
Its really just a fancy bit of programming for the simple reason that there is no ground to render, unlike rocky planets. I know it doesn't even make any sense, but if you think about it, there wouldn't be much to find or see inside a gas giants atmosphere and there is no way to create gas giant dwelling creatures.

From the 'Art of Spore' book that came with the Galactic Edition, the devs did play around with the idea of creatures living in gas giants, but abandoned it at some point.

But would be cool just to place a orbiter or station around it.. producing some kind of other commodity other than spice.. like.. gas? :P I hope they at least tackle something to do with gas-giants in the expansions.

Offline Slife

• Akalabeth Addict
  • A Duke of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2008, 08:55:58 pm »

Without major revisions, they could have just had the gas giant render a featureless and very foggy planet surface, with three paintable cloud layers and the ability to place a single colony anywhere you want.  The colony would produce spice of the same color as the gas giant.
All is number -Pythagoras

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2008, 09:11:51 pm »
I had an entire planet populated with different forms of my gradient. and an epic one, too.

I also got a whole team of minor-epics, all the same species
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Ondaderthad

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2008, 09:35:48 pm »
Here is another Bizarre thing I found.

A Rock City:

I was able to place buildings under the rock.

Offline Gzillafan1

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2008, 11:23:39 pm »
Some bizarre/funny/weird/things that happened so far...

On some of my planets there are double sunsets and sometimes the sun doesnt set at all.Kind of cool

In the creature stage intro cut-scene,as my little dudes were walking onto land,there was this giant log thing rolling towards the water...right into the path of a ceature.It hit the little guy and knocked him back into the water.It was so funny,I could not stop laughing.Im laughing right now as I type.

In the second mission of the space stage,when I went to the planet with the ruins,I scaned it and the ships attacked me but they were the same ships as me.

Two rouges were in the ready to pounce stance with each other.They were doing this for like a minute but then an epic came along and killed one of the rouges which ended the stand off.

I was exploring a very unique barren world.When I was done studying its features I pulled away but as I was doing this a asteroid came crashing right into my ship and destroyed it. I had no idea those things could hit you.I was laughing so hard.I was saying to myself "what were the odds of that?"

Offline Neini

• Akalabeth Addict
  • BUNNY SMASH PUNY HUMANS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2008, 10:23:40 pm »
I was walking around, as my Nimbeech creature, and I found a nest of rhino-sized humans. They were pretty strong so I ignored them.

There was a tribe of Ciliamonster (yes, Abadox) on a barren T0 planet. I killed a few with the supersizer and creature tweaker by accident.

I was flying around space when I got a transmission. I checked it and, to my surprise, I was greeted by intestines with mustaches that told me to stay off their lawns. Quite nightmarish!

I was in the cell stage, and I found my mate. Shortly before laying the egg my mate was eaten by another cell.  :D

Offline AlfredO

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2008, 10:59:40 pm »

I just had about 6 in Hard Mode Creature and Tribal together (4 creature, 2 tribal). I was being social in Creature so I was using them to scatter tribes I was trying to be friend so they wouldn't all sing together. Then in Tribal one of them killed two tribes for me, I just needed to destroy the buildings.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2008, 11:47:14 pm »
Just had 5 epics in Creature phase, and two of them were the same species. I think my homworld is what you might call a jungle planet, as it's a very lush place full of life and heavily forested.

Anyways, in one game I had just extincted a creature when two eggs hatched and the same creature popped out with the mission thing blaring 'this creature is extinct!' at me as I killed them. Apparently they didn't know thier species was already extinct.

Also, I saw a packmate who was carnivorous reach for a fruit in a tree. I was 'huh? why is he eating fruit when he is a carnivore and eating them does nothing but make you barf?'. I did try eating some fruit earlier in that game, so no idea.

Offline AlfredO

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2008, 02:48:47 am »
my brother was playing 2 days ago, when he got to tribal, everything he encountered (epic, tribal, creature) were creatures I made called 'candydogs'. There was a huge melee going on with a Candydog Epic taking on a purple Candydog tribe and a Candydog creature pack.

Offline rflagg

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2008, 07:03:36 am »
On my most recent game, I was a meat eating aggressor in tribal, so I had the 'set trap' option to kill off local creature packs and harvest them for food.  So, I go over to a nearby group, and click on set trap - right then an epic comes out and picks up my chieftain!  He takes one bite out of him, halving his life.  Right as he goes to take the next bite, the trap goes off and kills the epic!  My chieftain fell to the ground and ran back to our tribe!

-m.

Offline Tobias

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2008, 09:26:20 pm »
  I don't know if I would call this bizarre but it was certainly sad.  An epic had just made its way over to my nest but wasn't attacking, it kept roaring at my creatures but hadn't yet done anything.  A baby version of my creature, which was very cute, picked up a stick and threw it at the epic.  The epic seemed unaffected and immediately killed the baby, before leaving the rest of my nest alone.  There was something very sad about seeing this cute little creature make a valiant yet futile attempt to defend its people.

Also, one time I was playing as an aggressive creature and was chasing a weak creature back to it's nest where I was sure to get an easy lunch and a cakewalk time of killing off the race.  Just as I get there they all wrapped themselves in these ugly, green, pulsing cocoons.  I waited for quite some time for them to exit the cocoons, and when they did, they were much more deadly creatures that promptly kicked my ass.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 09:28:16 pm by Tobias »
Earth has been a lovely place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live here.

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2008, 10:27:27 pm »
I just noticed a new Tribal Hut. I've played all sorts of creatures from cell to space but iv never seen this b4. Im playing a herbivore race of "Pagarni" and I've got a new hut, its round and got leaves on top of it and stuff. Is this new?

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2008, 10:35:26 pm »
I just noticed a new Tribal Hut. I've played all sorts of creatures from cell to space but iv never seen this b4. Im playing a herbivore race of "Pagarni" and I've got a new hut, its round and got leaves on top of it and stuff. Is this new?

No, I've gotten it before. The hut you get is kind of random, but I think it may be partially based on diet type.

Offline Moogie

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2008, 07:24:06 am »
Here is another Bizarre thing I found.

A Rock City:

I was able to place buildings under the rock.

It has a seaport! damn those AI and their ability to create seaport colonies!! :'(

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2008, 08:37:39 am »
They seem to be able to use the aircraft to get spice from sea derricks anyway.

Also, I don't see much of a point of having a port on that particular planet when its a frozen sea and conventional ships aren't going anywhere on that.

Offline Moogie

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2008, 10:00:55 am »
That's just a double smack in the face for us humes who can't even build them on WATERY worlds. *Shakes fist* xD

Offline eleazar

• Revenging Yar
    • View Profile
    • my spore creatures
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2008, 11:39:55 am »
That's just a double smack in the face for us humes who can't even build them on WATERY worlds. *Shakes fist* xD

Besides the really big round space of flat land that it adds to any colony is ugly.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2008, 06:57:59 pm »
I have a world with a sea port colony the onyl way I managed it though was I set down the colony pack while in T1 and while lifting to T3 the seas rose up causing a sea port.

Offline Neini

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2008, 09:44:54 pm »
I was trying to feed food to an animal in the tribal stage. When the tribe member put it down, the animal walked over to him and hugged him. It kept hugging until I moved my tribe members. It was so cute!

Offline eleazar

• Revenging Yar
    • View Profile
    • my spore creatures
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2008, 11:30:02 pm »
I saw a piece of fruit fall off a tree, roll down a steep hill and hit a creature.
The creature responded with the "!@#*" type word bubble.

It seems like there's a fair amount of interesting interactions that you can't really do anything with or predict.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2008, 01:10:21 am »
I was trying to feed food to an animal in the tribal stage. When the tribe member put it down, the animal walked over to him and hugged him. It kept hugging until I moved my tribe members. It was so cute!

awwww. :3

Was your critter a social herbivore? I'd really want to see that. :)

Offline Neini

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2008, 10:09:18 am »

awwww. :3

Was your critter a social herbivore? I'd really want to see that. :)

It was an agressive herbivore that likes pets. It looked more like a glitch than anything but it was still cute!

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2008, 01:10:27 pm »
I saw a piece of fruit fall off a tree, roll down a steep hill and hit a creature.
The creature responded with the "!@#*" type word bubble.

It seems like there's a fair amount of interesting interactions that you can't really do anything with or predict.

Speaking of that bubble. I saw that once when I was playing a flying insectoid species, and a very good predator at that. I was flying towards a group of creatures when I saw one of them give that bubble over them right before I attacked. It was sort of like they spotted me and one of them went 'oh s**t!!' *gets stabbed by a reapermantis (the part)*

I've also gotten the question mark when doing social with some creature and the particular creature I was doing was legless and the other was doing a dance animation. Thats just an example as I've seen it in other instances.

The '!$%@' type word bubble also comes up when one of your packmates spots (or perhaps hears) an epic, which can actually help when you didn't see it.

Offline AtmaDarkwolf

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2008, 05:53:56 pm »
two things I noticed yesterday while playing a new species and just hitting spacestage.

The first planet the 'tutorial' missions asks you to terraform i did to T1, and left. When I came back a few minutes later, it had an epic on it. (One of the types I put in, so I guess epics can randomly happen?)

2nd was same game, just hitting space, when u have to 'buy' the first star drive, there was an object in there, that was *** (name and description was ***) and it cost 1 spore buck... so I bought it. Still dont know what it did or what it was.

Offline Neini

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2008, 09:09:47 pm »
Here it is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYIcilQ0Lhw

Added a few annonations to show what my tribe could of been saying at the time.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2008, 09:17:41 pm »
lol! It looked more like it was trying to hump your creature though.

Edit: oh yea, while its probably more of a glitch, but I've been getting the unhappy face for systems that aren't even inhabited. Just thought it was a little wierd for that to happen in a system that nobody lives in.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 09:20:00 pm by smjjames »

Offline Gzillafan1

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2008, 01:14:01 am »
I had a funny momment today.I was in cell stage and I was hunting down a tiny cell.Out of no where came 3 different epic cells.They were all around me and the tiny cell.They were coming at me and the little guy at full speed because they were riding a flow.The little cell started glitching,turning in all directions,not knowing who to swim away from.The flows converged on each other and it was massive micro chaos.I ended up getting the little cell and escaped the dog pile.

The second funny thing about the same situation was that the epic cells got stuck to each other and were also glitching and crying out in pain.I was laughing so hard and wasnt paying attention,so I swam straight into the mouth of another epic cell.

Offline AtmaDarkwolf

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2008, 06:19:45 am »
LOL  anew one today. Stacked colonies.

First happened when I tried to drop a colony while a large plant was behind my ship(U know the bug where it seems to want to lock onto the tree and sends whatever your beaming down across the planet)

So i tried to test it, dropping a tree and clicking the same spot on that said tree, and yippie, I stacked 3 colonies ontop of each other, then dropped all the colony extra's(loyalty booster, spice storage, etc) ontop of them. problem is.. it takes a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time. (U drop colony and it orbits the planet a few times before it lands or something, and while it's in flight, u can't do anything else....lol)

Unfortunately... u are able to grab the buildings from 1 city while in the editor of another.. and if u place said building down inside the editor of the one u are building, the game crashes.

But at least if u know how to place the buildings, u never have to move any.got 3-4 planets that way before I 'moved' a factory(and crashed)

Pretty funny though, wonder how good of a defense that would be, 24 turrets all shooting at the same ship, while said ship tries to kill the spice storage(which always seems to be the priority target for attack ships)

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2008, 07:28:53 am »
I know I already posted this in another thread, but nothing wrong with posting here as well.

I had a race that evolved on a planet without any life AT ALL. It was a planet that I had terraformed while getting the badges so that I can get all of the multiple use energy only tools. The thing is that I never put any life on there and evidently they got there somehow. I would guess that it could be someones experiment.

I decided to lower the T score because I didn't want them to glitch up my game.

There was another tribal planet (or maybe the same one mentioned above, I forget) which had no oceans and when I did a burst of terraforming, water suddendly appeared, flooding several villages. I was able to destroy the villages though, despite them bieng underwater and the residents were just walking on top of the water.

Offline AtmaDarkwolf

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2008, 07:41:34 am »
oh another one I forgot. I had a race of beings evolve on a planet with no spice, in a system with no other planets, and I started a trade route with them and bought the system.

When I first saw them in tribal and civ stages, their world was normal, mostly (no spice nodes, but lots of villages and cities in civ) but when they became space faring, all but 1 city 'blew up' - the spots where the cities were are still there, look like ruins, but only 1 city exists.

Indecently it produces red spice in normal amounts, even though the planet has no spice nodes :D

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2008, 08:00:51 pm »
Any pics? :)

Offline AtmaDarkwolf

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2008, 09:26:06 pm »
Any pics? :)

Er yup... went and got u a bunch of screenies... then realized spore removes the GUI.. lol

So am going to compile a bunch using plain old printscreen/paste method. give me a moment.

Very proud of my very underdevelopable planet (but it DOES produce more than my own homeplanet does :D

« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 09:44:45 pm by AtmaDarkwolf »

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2008, 12:39:22 pm »
TIME TRAVEL!

Lol, not realy.

I had previously made a H'qur ship, if only because I was just too eager to make it...

Fast forward a few days, and I'm playing as the H'qur in creature. I wander around, and lo and behold, I see my H'qur ship as a crashed UFO.

(the H'qur are blind... sorry)

I sat there thinking for several minutes on how a ship could crash on the unevolved planet of the race that made it. A failed (or successful) time travel experiment is the only thing I could think of...

Offline Kenobro

• Space Harrier
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2008, 12:41:26 pm »
Lol, that's funny.  Maybe another empire visited?

Quote from: Grazony
Thanks Kenobro. :)