Author Topic: Request for people with Space Problems  (Read 6558 times)

Offline macweirdo42

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
Re: Request for people with Space Problems
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2008, 06:55:22 pm »
I haven't had too many problems - I can deal with the odd attack every 5-10 minutes or so...  But just recently, I had an experience that was just completely aggravating.  I was just starting to expand my empire in the space phase, and I accidentally violated some other empire's territory or something (honestly, I'm not entire sure exactly what triggered the attack), but suddenly, out of nowhere, I was struggling for my life.  I had played herbivore/economic throughout the entire game, too.  Seriously - literally, I had three different attacks on my homeworld in a row.  I'd fight off an attack, and immediately there'd be a pirate raid (like literally, as soon as I was in orbit), and as soon as the pirate raid was over, there'd be another attack from this empire. 

Things got a lot smoother when finally, during a lull in the combat, I launched a full-scale invasion on their empire and utterly obliterated them.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2008, 06:58:27 pm »
I haven't had too many problems - I can deal with the odd attack every 5-10 minutes or so...  But just recently, I had an experience that was just completely aggravating.  I was just starting to expand my empire in the space phase, and I accidentally violated some other empire's territory or something (honestly, I'm not entire sure exactly what triggered the attack), but suddenly, out of nowhere, I was struggling for my life.  I had played herbivore/economic throughout the entire game, too.  Seriously - literally, I had three different attacks on my homeworld in a row.  I'd fight off an attack, and immediately there'd be a pirate raid (like literally, as soon as I was in orbit), and as soon as the pirate raid was over, there'd be another attack from this empire. 

Things got a lot smoother when finally, during a lull in the combat, I launched a full-scale invasion on their empire and utterly obliterated them.

That sounds like some trigger has gone haywire. It definitely sounds like a combination of problems including bad luck. Maxis knows of the problem(s) and are probably looking into it.. but submitting tickets to EA could help.
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline eleazar

• Revenging Yar
    • View Profile
    • my spore creatures
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2008, 07:04:31 pm »
One thing that's confusing is the meaning of the orange frowny face. (next to the last on the friendlyness scale)

In creature stage, an "orange" creature would usually not attack you, unless you provoked it.  I frequently walked through their nests.  In space it seems they will start firing on you while in "orange".

Offline Pinstar

• Ultima Lord
  • Your friendly neighborhood Teralyte
    • View Profile
    • The Legacy Challenge
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2008, 07:05:55 pm »
My first was GGGG and quickly became unfun due to constant raids.

My 2nd was much better

BRGB which gave me the Bard trait. That bard +10 to all starting relations went a LONG way to letting me be friendly with even the hostile/agressive empires and make up their -30 with some missions before they got a chance to delcare war.
Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Visit my spore page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Pinstar
Ratings and comments on all my creatures are always welcome!

Visit my Minicity
http://pinstar.myminicity.com

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2008, 07:08:22 pm »
One thing that's confusing is the meaning of the orange frowny face. (next to the last on the friendlyness scale)

In creature stage, an "orange" creature would usually not attack you, unless you provoked it.  I frequently walked through their nests.  In space it seems they will start firing on you while in "orange".

They will attack you in creature. They attack me quite often, but ONLY if you provoke them. You can't hang around them or their nest to long or they'll attack you. This is why in creature I favor Sneak, Sprint and Social (or attacking an Alpha if going Aggressive). It allows you to get in close to them without them noticing you and start the Social Animation... Creatures attack you less during the Social Animation (they'll go after you're allies though, but YOU STILL GET THE BONUSES that you're allies give you, until they die anyway).
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline ZevSong

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2008, 08:54:36 pm »
I got BBRB, and the moment I enterd space, two empires contacted me and demanded money at the same time. It was time to whip out the moremoney cheat, at least untill I was able to afford enough supplies to blow them to bits... of course the moment I'm rid of them, another race convientiantly pops up to fill in the "Give us cash or else" gap.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2008, 08:58:53 pm »
Its usually the zealot races that do the extortion stuff. There was even a tiny one system empire that I think demanded money.

I don't see alot of correlation to the philosophies and the pirate aggro. No idea why BinaryDigit managed to get rid of those attacks when I still have them like clockwork.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2008, 02:15:45 am »
RRRR (Warrior) - I got raped first, killed 1 empire, no attacks since. Only like a pirate raid every hour or so.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline Telluric

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2008, 12:17:07 pm »
To not get that negative relationship penalty, the game as designed, expects you to fly down to one of that empires planets and introduce yourself.  Come again?  Who in their right mind would do that?

In my first game, I was getting pummeled.  So, I started another game.  In this game, I had an orange face neighbor who attacked me as soon as I entered their space.  Instead of running, I went directly to their world and went through the interaction dialogue with them... and yellow face!  This gave me the chance to do missions and keep things civil.

Your explanation fits my situation perfectly.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." - George Carlin

Offline Telluric

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2008, 12:20:56 pm »

I too found a good way to impress upon an alien aggressor that I wasn't happy with their bad attitude was to fly to their outlying colonies and vaporize them.  Prune enough of their tree and they seem to calm down - they still are red in the face about it, but don't seem to feel like they have the power to take you on anymore.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." - George Carlin

Offline Captain Indigo

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2008, 01:37:44 pm »
I played RRRR, and it was fine. I had two agressive races near me, but I befriended one without too much hastle, and wiped the other one out after spending an hour or so away training elsewhere in the galaxy, doing missions and such.

^^Click^^