Author Topic: I thought we were supposed to be able to find other peoples planets ?  (Read 5491 times)

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: I thought we were supposed to be able to find other peoples planets ?
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 07:45:09 am »
I noticed if you go to my spore page in the game it has an events tab where it lists players that have interacted with your creations. At the moment I have 3 notices in mine one telling me somebody declared war on my creation in the space age and the other two telling me some other people have eradicated my lovely creations in the space age  :'(

You can only see 3 at any given time, the older ones get lost in cyberspace :P
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Harlander

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 07:53:56 am »
I'll assume you are referring to my Quality, Plausible Aliens Sporecast, and take that as a compliment.

The very same...

(I think it'd be a bit of a stretch to construe my comment as other than a compliment though..  ;))

Though I haven't played in space yet with that sporecast downloaded; before, I never ran into any user-created space-phase things either. I think there was something of a shortage of those in the sporepedia, the early days of the game's release.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 09:28:14 am by Harlander »
This is a public service announcement.

Lose: (v. intr) to fail to retain, preserve, maintain, sth.; to be defeated
Loose: (adj.) not firm, taut or rigid; free (v. intr) to make loose, undo

"If the guy-ropes are loose we'll lose the sail."
"Let loose the dogs of war! We will not lose!"
"A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?"

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
  • Underwater Civs For President!
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2008, 08:08:04 am »
If you're only finding your own creatures and Maxis stuff, try loading a sporecast (Plausible Realistic Creatures, or whatever it's called, is quite a good one with lots of things in) and start a game with that as the theme.

I'll assume you are referring to my Quality, Plausible Aliens Sporecast, and take that as a compliment.

That IS a very cool sporecast though. I hadn't seen it till now but I will definately be subscribing to it when I get home :)
The only problem with it is the severe lack of any of my creatures :P

Offline Battlecat

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 09:20:40 am »
My wife and I both have separate copies of the game and we are buddies.  One of the first creatures we encounted when we hit space phase were the ones we had each just promoted to space.  They indeed kept the appearance and behavior that we had developed while playing in the space stage.  However, they used random buildings and UFO's since the way the sporepedia is structured, they aren't linked together.  No big deal though, it was still pretty funny. 

Offline Rubric

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2008, 09:37:42 am »
They indeed kept the appearance and behavior that we had developed while playing in the space stage.

On behavior, do you mean there is a basic distinction between agressive vs. friendly, or does it go beyond that?

However, they used random buildings and UFO's since the way the sporepedia is structured, they aren't linked together. 

Too bad.  I hope these get linked eventually. 

Offline Harlander

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2008, 09:48:06 am »
On behavior, do you mean there is a basic distinction between agressive vs. friendly, or does it go beyond that?

They get your philosophy, I think (at least, the icons in the sporepedia when you're looking at your creation correspond to the philosophy types.) As well as aggression, this controls their response to certain actions (enviro-types don't like you using the planet-buster, for example) and probably how amenable they are to strangers, spice prices, and other stuff.
This is a public service announcement.

Lose: (v. intr) to fail to retain, preserve, maintain, sth.; to be defeated
Loose: (adj.) not firm, taut or rigid; free (v. intr) to make loose, undo

"If the guy-ropes are loose we'll lose the sail."
"Let loose the dogs of war! We will not lose!"
"A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?"

Offline eleazar

• Revenging Yar
    • View Profile
    • my spore creatures
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2008, 01:35:29 pm »

They get your philosophy, I think (at least, the icons in the sporepedia when you're looking at your creation correspond to the philosophy types.)

Unfortunately those icons don't appear on anybody else's creatures, just the one's I've played.
So it's unclear if that info actually transfers, or if it simply isn't displayed.

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2008, 01:59:07 pm »
the thing that needs to happen is spore needs to use the same stuff for a creature as was used by it's player instead of having tree cinemas next to sky scrapers next to masive distopian factories all with that old timey town hall to top it off.

Offline Ittiz

• Wizard of Wor
  • Horned Hopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2008, 02:16:41 pm »
You can bump into other races but not actual empires that other people built.  Although you can bump into empires you built yourself.  If you look at my profile on the spore page you will see that I have a tag for finding stuff I did in a different saved game.  Apparently there is also a tag for allying yourself with two empires of your own creation in different saved games.  I'm sure someone has achieved that by now.