Author Topic: A nifty little trick that i thiuoght id share on terraforming  (Read 2135 times)

Offline happydan20

• Venture Conqueror
  • Discovered the "everything syndrome."
    • View Profile
A nifty little trick that i thiuoght id share on terraforming
« on: September 12, 2008, 05:55:27 pm »
ive got 96 badges and a bunch of 4 stars im working on getting all of the rest into badges.

I've learned a few things that will make terraforming easier.

Once you set a creature down and it registers as on the planet for a food web, you can immediately scoop it up again for future use on other planets.

Lookiking for a scanned or unscanned animal that you need for use on another planet and tired of zooming around hoping one will spawn?  Click on the unscanned icon in the terraform view and it will use your rador to home in on one. I'm talking about the little white dot that lets you know it exists on the planet.

Another neat thing i found out:

drop a sentient being (one of my space staged folks) on a planet that can support life, and they run from ther carnivores and once safe, start a fire and warm themselves with it, its really neat to see.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 05:57:21 pm by happydan20 »

I survived the flood of 2008 and all I got was this crappy homelessness.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
Re: A nifty little trick that i thiuoght id share on terraforming
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 02:06:39 pm »

Lookiking for a scanned or unscanned animal that you need for use on another planet and tired of zooming around hoping one will spawn?  Click on the unscanned icon in the terraform view and it will use your rador to home in on one. I'm talking about the little white dot that lets you know it exists on the planet.

Thanks for telling me this. I did not know this.

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 02:53:39 pm »
I noticed this quite early, but it's not in any way obvious. Nice of you to share it.

Offline Rusted

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 03:12:49 pm »
I noticed this quite early, but it's not in any way obvious. Nice of you to share it.

One of the initial space missions tells you. 

In addition, if you are scanning something and it's in your inventory already it will flash on your inventory the right side, furthermore green check marks identify if an organic is on the planet already.
Terraforming. 
Turning dirt, forming.
Turning dirt; forming.
Terraforming.

Rusted -Sporepedia Name and Link
PM if you add me, I'll return the favor.

Offline jydnys

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 03:36:35 pm »

Another neat thing i found out:

drop a sentient being (one of my space staged folks) on a planet that can support life, and they run from ther carnivores and once safe, start a fire and warm themselves with it, its really neat to see.

Good tip, I actually found this out by accident the other day.  I wish I had known it sooner, heh.

On the sentient being thing, if you come back are they still there later?

Offline Pietoro

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 03:56:37 pm »
ive got 96 badges and a bunch of 4 stars im working on getting all of the rest into badges.

I've learned a few things that will make terraforming easier.

Once you set a creature down and it registers as on the planet for a food web, you can immediately scoop it up again for future use on other planets.

Brilliant, I totally didn't think to do that! =)
"Ooh rabba la dee teeb, ooh babba labba squeeb!"

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
  • A new musical revelation...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 05:05:35 pm »

That's one of the fascinating aspects of this game; there are so many little facets to every little piece of everything that we'll probably not figure it all out for roughly 11 years (thus giving us a year to try everything without there being new expansion packs).
I say NO! to all limits.
Unfortunately, I don't think we're far enough into the Civ stage to have deveoped into the 'Infinite-ghz processing' research tree yet...