Author Topic: Extortion and warmongering is fun!  (Read 2863 times)

Offline Evil Weasel

• Video Pinball Wizard
  • Crazy dancing weasel!
    • View Profile
Extortion and warmongering is fun!
« on: September 12, 2008, 02:32:48 pm »
Not.

Am I the only one who's planet always starts between 3 huge powerful and warlike empires (so far I have found zero religious or economic ones) that...

1) Make you do warlike missions, which draw you into wars (naturally). You all know what happens when you get into a war. CONSTANT RAIDER SPAMMMMM YAY! And you have no choice since in order to get certain very basic tools like meteor shower you MUST go on missions. It's like catch 22, in order to expand you must to missions, but missions cause you to un-expand because you get the feces kicked out of you. Paradoxically.

2) Extort you like the frizzing mafia. I can never even buy basic tools because every two minutes one of the supremely powerful empires that are practically groping my planet demands almost all my money. I spend an hour getting 150 000 for a sad little colony thingy and POOF a giant athropomorphic spider wearing a béret made by Hydromancerx asks for 160 000 or else...CONSTANT RAIDER SPAMMMM YAY!  ;D I have never hated a creature like I have hated the Kruggs. Go look 'em up.

3) Attack you for no reason even if you do pay them, about half the time.

The result of this is I've never got more than 2 colonies (all in my own solar system) and have only went up one t-level...ever (which got moved down, since the planet was razed and urinated on by pirates while I was off on an arbitrary war-starting mission for an some idiodic krugg neo-Stalinite). Patch. Needed. Now. Please!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 02:34:52 pm by Evil Weasel »

"25 legged tentacles with arms coming from thier arses don't interest me in the least (if that's your definition of originality)." ~Me

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
Re: Extortion and warmongering is fun!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 02:35:05 pm »
I agree, and also all forms of LadyM's Mallen hate your very soul and seek to destroy it :P
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Pinstar

• Ultima Lord
  • Your friendly neighborhood Teralyte
    • View Profile
    • The Legacy Challenge
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 02:36:50 pm »
You can do missions for your own planets. Just go to a colony other than your home world, pull up the com and ask for a mission. They'll give you a regular mission, rather than a tutorial one. Best of all, you can decline it without penalty as your own race isn't going to get angry at you.

Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Visit my spore page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Pinstar
Ratings and comments on all my creatures are always welcome!

Visit my Minicity
http://pinstar.myminicity.com

Offline Evil Weasel

• Video Pinball Wizard
  • Crazy dancing weasel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 02:38:55 pm »
I can't though. The only mission offered to me by my own species once I do all the early ones is "contact an alien race" or "explore". Contacting aliens means contacting the said neo-Stalinite militarists, and exploring means stumbling unexpectantly on somebody's territory which in itself has gotten me into wars.

Plus, this doesn't help me if my neighbour asks me for more money than I have. You can't ignore them when they do that...they'll make sure you don't, if you know what I mean.
"25 legged tentacles with arms coming from thier arses don't interest me in the least (if that's your definition of originality)." ~Me

Offline Pinstar

• Ultima Lord
  • Your friendly neighborhood Teralyte
    • View Profile
    • The Legacy Challenge
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 02:41:17 pm »
Odd, I picked up a mission from my 2nd planet (the crappy T0 one they  have you colonize in the tutorial) and it was a standard "Get X artifact from X planet" gopher mission.
Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Visit my spore page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Pinstar
Ratings and comments on all my creatures are always welcome!

Visit my Minicity
http://pinstar.myminicity.com

Offline Rusted

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 02:45:38 pm »
Even with the military races I refuse missions till I get a gopher or snatch and grab.
Terraforming. 
Turning dirt, forming.
Turning dirt; forming.
Terraforming.

Rusted -Sporepedia Name and Link
PM if you add me, I'll return the favor.

Offline Notorious B.O.B

• Venture Conqueror
  • I still live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 04:43:26 pm »
Funny, I always deny war missions with no anger from the askers..., only gopher missions and stuff like that.  Also, whenever they ask for money, I never have enough, so I always say Funds Unavailable, and it takes something like 20 odd times for that to get them mad enough to make war on me....

Are you sure you aren't searching far enough?  There isn't at least a neutral species you have found yet that you can eventually ally with?

Course, I am playing on easy to start with, and I had that relationship boost passive ability from the previous stages, so maybe that's it...
Leave to a Thark his head and one hand and he may yet conquer.

The glass is alway in balance and full: half liquid, half gas.

Visit my Sporepedia page! http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Bob_Of_Mars

Offline Crowster

• Defender Devotee
  • It's Crow-Time, Baby!
    • View Profile
    • The Adventures of Crow-Man
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 04:55:52 pm »
Whenever the Spode worshipers demand money, I blow them off, then immediately do missions for them to keep them in the yellow. I've got two of 'em, and their demands get annoying, but manageable. So far, they have not attacked me once since I started counteracting every demand with a mission.

I also found a trick. If you ask them if they have any missions, and they give you some war mission, instead of declining, you can just close the communications window, and you don't get the "refused to do mission" relationship hit. Then just move on to their next planet and see what THEY are offering. There's usually SOMETHING that you can do without getting yourself into trouble.

One time they wanted me to raid another planet for blue Spice. I accepted, went to one of my own blue spice outposts, and brought THAT to them. They didn't know the difference. It was great.  ;D

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 05:20:57 pm »
One time they wanted me to raid another planet for blue Spice. I accepted, went to one of my own blue spice outposts, and brought THAT to them. They didn't know the difference. It was great.  ;D

This reminds me of when a War Nation I wanted to ally with, and make my own personal body guard, asked me to bring red spice for it's "Bio-chemical warfare uses" and directed me to a hostile planet in the middle of enemy lines. I promtly assembled a super-powerful, heoric and selfless squad of allied spaceships, and then went to some T1 colony made to make the Gametips engine happy and asked them nicely for some spice ;D
the real saviour of this forum

Offline aligon

• Tron User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2008, 12:39:01 am »
My first space stage game, I started next to some large religious empires and a small economic one. The religious empires quickly got pissed off at me and started owning me every 3 minutes, but I slowly paid off the economic empire to eat away at their colonies. So now I'm left with two very small religious empires and an extremely large economic empire next to me!!!
So much fun... ;D

As Inevitable as Life Itself. Spread the Joy.

My Sporepedia page:
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Aligon

The Agnoculus:
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=7619.0

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2008, 01:04:38 am »
When warmonger planets pester me for cash I ignore them until I'm rolling in dough to pay up. As for get spice I just pick it up from my own person spice minering op it dont matter what planet its from just as long as the colour si right.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 01:08:06 am »
If anyone asks me money, I look at the size of their empire. If it's under 10 planets, I blow them off, if it's above, it takes too much of my time to wipe them from the face of the galaxy. So, I pay up, go to their system and bribe em for 1 million spollars.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline UnrealEnvy

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2008, 01:45:50 am »
Personally, I did missions for every empire near me, at start, when they were in the "Green happy area" I started t3-colonizing my own star system and star systems near me. When I had enough self-trade capability, I broke the alliance and wiped them. That's what I do - every spode jurks are being wiped, EVEN if they don't do anything to me. This is just my agenda. If I encounter warmongers, I go lunatic on them.
and it truly doesn't take that much time guys, I can wipe 2 complete 10 star-system each empires in about 15 minutes...
Just bomb their cities with mega bomb or anti-matter bombs, as you will get endless dough from your colonies.