Author Topic: What are the consequences of piracy?  (Read 1690 times)

Offline Plasmodia

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
What are the consequences of piracy?
« on: September 12, 2008, 06:17:35 pm »
If I don't click on the warning that pirates are going to attack what actually happens? I don't really notice anything when I do this. The attacks just stop after a while.

Offline Beatnuki

• Scramble Skipper
  • Wilco Hex, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
    • Beatnuki's Chunk of Funk (which seemed like a good idea at the time)
Re: What are the consequences of piracy?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 06:30:18 pm »
I was fooling around with wormholes all day today, and was lost on the far side of the galaxy. I still got messages saying pirates were stealing spices, but there was of course nothing I could do. Ignoring it didn't seem to do much of anything; at least, I got no messages other than "pirates stole some of your spice".

The one time I did get back to my homeworld after being too late to stop a pirate raid, all I got was a bit of a stern talking to.

There might be more grave consequences I'm missing though.

Oddly, because of the aforementioned wormhole tomfoolery, I've got little colonies scattered throught the galaxy now. Yet the ones that are invaded aren't the new, freshfaced ones that I already know are nigh impossible to get back to, but always the ones around my own home cluster of stars. Silly pirates! They're the easiest to defend!
If you peruse my things, you get POINTS!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Beatnuki

Only trouble is, they're Whose Line Is It Anyway points, which are infamously not worth anything.

Offline jydnys

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 09:41:40 pm »
They just take your spice.

Generally, if it is not convenient for you to stop pirates, they can be safely ignored.  I usually only go if it is on my high-yield, rare spice producing planets

Offline Bama

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 09:48:32 pm »
Not worth the trouble unless you need money bad

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 10:11:39 pm »
I was fooling around with wormholes all day today, and was lost on the far side of the galaxy. I still got messages saying pirates were stealing spices, but there was of course nothing I could do. Ignoring it didn't seem to do much of anything; at least, I got no messages other than "pirates stole some of your spice".

The one time I did get back to my homeworld after being too late to stop a pirate raid, all I got was a bit of a stern talking to.

There might be more grave consequences I'm missing though.

Oddly, because of the aforementioned wormhole tomfoolery, I've got little colonies scattered throught the galaxy now. Yet the ones that are invaded aren't the new, freshfaced ones that I already know are nigh impossible to get back to, but always the ones around my own home cluster of stars. Silly pirates! They're the easiest to defend!

Silly pirates! Raids are for backwater worlds!
Dang, doesn't work that well.
Spore! Star Wars! Dinosaurs!
Fanfic!

I blame what I call the Scopes Law (When discussing evolution in the presence of a creationist, the discussion always becomes a religious debate).