Author Topic: How many planets do you have?  (Read 4224 times)

Offline Norefills

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
How many planets do you have?
« on: September 12, 2008, 03:51:14 am »
I have about 56 T3 planets(Gotta love the staff of Life with unlimited uses :D) in about 30 Systems..Hbu?

Offline Loerelau

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
Re: How many planets do you have?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 07:25:37 am »
I think I have around 20-25 planets (All T3)... There is not really a reason to have more because I can't collect more spice... I really get tired of placing buildings and turrets....

Offline Sub

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • End is tough.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 07:36:32 am »
I'm in about 65 solar systems with 1 or 2 planets per solar system.  A lot of my solar systems are useless, but I do have a few core solar systems where I have every planet colonized with every planet being T3. 

Offline rustybrazenfire

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 07:44:23 am »
I only have 6 systems, with 11 colonized planets and one wildlife sanctuary.  I've been taking my time developing relationships with neighboring sentient species and building up capital.

But now that I've gone to the center of the galaxy and back, then went off to find Earth, I'm about to start buying out other systems.  Seems like I can get them for 3 million Sporebucks on average, not a bad price.

...and I'm going to assume that an unlimited Staff of Life comes from a trainer or a cheat of some sort, right?

Offline tuggles

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 07:59:20 am »
I have one game where, I will admit, Im cheating. My sole purpose in the game is to wipe out the Grox (so far...its taking forever lol). Mainly I do so by terraforming there world while running from them then just kill off the ships. Once Ive probed somewhat deep into their territory and have a line of neutral territory I drop a colony to purchase supplies. Im completely ignoring all calls for help from my home systems (considering my home is on one of the arms and its on the OTHER side of the core). So needless to say I have a TON of colonies Ive lost count. I think its somewhere in the 40-50 range.

Offline Lippy

• Galaga General
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 08:07:23 am »
Is there somewhere you can find out the number easily, or do you just have to count?

Offline TFGoose

• Missile Commander
  • Made of 100% All-Natural Win
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 08:34:56 am »
I have 17 systems with about 35 colonized worlds, all T3 with fully developed cities, bio protection, and uber turret.  I haven't been to the center of the galaxy yet.  My original goal was to expand towards it and not just make a mad dash.  But given the size, and negative reward for having a vast empire, I'm probably just gonna make a bee line for the center so I can get the *item*.  Then my new goal will be to exterminate the Grox.

By the way, that's not nearly as difficult as some people are making out.  Just Planet Bust them to death.  Over and over and over again.  Yeah, it's tedious, but it's a lot simpler than trying to raid their planets.  Just wipe them off the map.  The rest of the galaxy doesn't care, and if you have a good military ally you can buy Planet Busters for 2.5M.  So load up on those as well as some Energy and Repair packs, go on a run, then make your way back.  If you're a Shaman, you can even teleport back home to resupply or handle whatever attacks they launch on you.  Then, right back to Death Star mode.

Big Badda Boom... LOL, Maxis, you crazy Fifth Element fans you....

--TFGoose
Quote from: me
Where there's a Will, there's a way....

Offline plastik

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 08:43:39 am »
What's the best way to get a planet to T3? Having to find a load of different animals and plants to put there and stabilise the ecosystem takes so long. And also, why is it so hard to find things like Uber Turrets? I've been to dozens of planets to trade and I've found only 2. And the same for those eco system protectors, but they are a little more common. If I'm going to complete my plan of dominating my local area, I need to make T3's faster, and protect them more easily. Right now I have about 10 systems (I've struggled to overcome the constant attacks and eco disasters), and about 5 T3 planets, because I can't be bothered to make more yet. T1 at least gets me basic spice income.

Offline TFGoose

• Missile Commander
  • Made of 100% All-Natural Win
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 08:51:58 am »
What's the best way to get a planet to T3? Having to find a load of different animals and plants to put there and stabilise the ecosystem takes so long. And also, why is it so hard to find things like Uber Turrets? I've been to dozens of planets to trade and I've found only 2. And the same for those eco system protectors, but they are a little more common. If I'm going to complete my plan of dominating my local area, I need to make T3's faster, and protect them more easily. Right now I have about 10 systems (I've struggled to overcome the constant attacks and eco disasters), and about 5 T3 planets, because I can't be bothered to make more yet. T1 at least gets me basic spice income.

That sounds really strange.  Normally every single tool is available at any of your own colonies.  Other empires only have select tools available, but those are usually discounted by as much as fifty percent.  Try visiting your own colonies and see what they have.  You'll pay full price, but it's better than nothing at all.

As for terraforming, here's the trick:

Collect 3 different small plants, 3 medium plants, 3 large plants, 6 herbivores, and 3 carnivores/omnivores.  From this point on, you need nothing else.  Now go to a T-0 planet, beam down one small, medium, and large plant from your stock and then two herbivores and one carnivore/omnivore.  That will raise the T-score.  Now (and this is the key), immediately beam them right back up.  The planet's T-score has already stabalized and the plants/animals are already all over the place, so just pick the ones you deposited back up so you can use them somewhere else.  To quickly get a planet to T-3, just rinse repeat with your remaining stock on that world.  Easy.

On a side note, you may want to have 4 or 5 samples of each item in your terraforming portfolio.  That way if you accidentally lose one or two, you're still okay to continue.

--TFGoose
Quote from: me
Where there's a Will, there's a way....

Offline plastik

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 08:59:18 am »
Thanks, I didn't think of beaming the animals straight back up again; it makes sense seeing as they instantly fill the planet. As for the tools, I get about 5 tools available to buy, and I have to buy one of them to make some other tools appear to buy. So for example there could be spice, meteor shower, ice thing, energy pack and some random missile, I buy the meteor shower, and suddenly a colony pack, bio protector and some other weapon ammo appears to buy. The bio protector, decent explosives, uber turret and anything vaguely useful rarely appear anywhere, on my own or alien colonies.

Offline TDKenyon

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
    • Neu Age
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 09:46:27 am »
I believe what philosophy an empire is (excluding your own, perhaps) dictates the likelihood of what advanced tools they will be selling. For military tools, find a Force empire. For cargo tools, find a Prosperity empire. Eco tools, Life empire. Et cetera.

My own colonies have never provided me with all the tools I need at higher levels.

Offline Rusted

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 10:39:51 am »
Playing without cheats I have 46 planets, most T3.  For the most part they're completely useless, in my later games I'm favoring the method of 2 colonies of each type of spice.  Nothing more, nothing less.
Terraforming. 
Turning dirt, forming.
Turning dirt; forming.
Terraforming.

Rusted -Sporepedia Name and Link
PM if you add me, I'll return the favor.