Author Topic: Tribal Stage Glitch's - List all problems here  (Read 13376 times)

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribe Glitch - Invisible Tribe and Disappearing Creatures
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2008, 06:33:30 am »
It's as I originally thought it might be. It was probably not enough system resources. The culprit seems to have been FireFox, as it usually is with most odd problems. I still have some wonky issues with the interface but nothing more than normal.

Huh? How does FF affect it? Can you elaborate a bit?
I'm not using FF myself, I use Opera, but I'm just wondering how the web browser can impact gameplay?

System Resources. FireFox completely decimates my RAM if left running for extended periods of time with multiple, which I do as I don't like turning it on and off. It's cause FireFox winds up using to much Memory Space and to much CPU time. FF3 seems to be a little better with that, but it still apparently is a resource hog.
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
  • Underwater Civs For President!
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2008, 07:35:42 am »
Huh? How does FF affect it? Can you elaborate a bit?
I'm not using FF myself, I use Opera, but I'm just wondering how the web browser can impact gameplay?

System Resources. FireFox completely decimates my RAM if left running for extended periods of time with multiple, which I do as I don't like turning it on and off. It's cause FireFox winds up using to much Memory Space and to much CPU time. FF3 seems to be a little better with that, but it still apparently is a resource hog.
[/quote]

:o I didn't know that. I mean ok if you have a million sites open ANY browser will take up a lot, but I didn't know FF was particularly greedy in this manner.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2008, 03:10:40 pm »
:o I didn't know that. I mean ok if you have a million sites open ANY browser will take up a lot, but I didn't know FF was particularly greedy in this manner.

It's not always... it's better than IE... 95% of the time.. the problem is if you don't close it.. it will continue to draw memory and pile it on. I don't know why, but that's what it does.. and since I don't like closing FireFox (even with the addon that let's me restore my session) it can sometimes cause an issue.

Like right now FireFox is using between 225,000 and 256,000+ KB. If I turn it off and restart it, it should only be taking about 180,000. It's been on a couple of hours though and even idling it still wants to stay in use for some reason.

It's still the better browser than IE.
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Ranalli

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
game keeps freezing when i go into hut in tribal stage
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2008, 04:23:18 pm »
after i leave nothing is moving and i can only move the camera by clicking the rotate and zoom buttons, and thats all that works. any fix for this? its happened twice.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination

Offline GrapeFruit

• Gorf Goon
  • I'm killing my way to truth!
    • View Profile
Re: game keeps freezing when i go into hut in tribal stage
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2008, 04:29:19 pm »
I suggest doing the same thing as the guy in your avatar.... that solves a damn lot of problems...hmmmm

but maybe your graphics are set too high, my game sometimes crashed when I left the colony editing...thing. Now I play on windowed mode and it works better.
Quote from: Liquos
I can't wait that long! I'm gonna explode from patience!

Quote from: Parkaboy
"Around the world you may notice that other creatures evolve while others don't"
That's because some of them are christians.

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2008, 10:04:48 pm »

It's not always... it's better than IE... 95% of the time.. the problem is if you don't close it.. it will continue to draw memory and pile it on. I don't know why, but that's what it does.. and since I don't like closing FireFox (even with the addon that let's me restore my session) it can sometimes cause an issue.

Like right now FireFox is using between 225,000 and 256,000+ KB. If I turn it off and restart it, it should only be taking about 180,000. It's been on a couple of hours though and even idling it still wants to stay in use for some reason.

It's still the better browser than IE.

When not using my pc, I always put it on standby. When I close IE, I just make sure I know what website it is and access it from the browsing history the next time I get on. What is the benefit to leaving a web browser on anyway.
Spore! Star Wars! Dinosaurs!
Fanfic!

I blame what I call the Scopes Law (When discussing evolution in the presence of a creationist, the discussion always becomes a religious debate).

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2008, 10:15:58 pm »
When not using my pc, I always put it on standby. When I close IE, I just make sure I know what website it is and access it from the browsing history the next time I get on. What is the benefit to leaving a web browser on anyway.

There is no benefit except that I use it just about constantly. It's just easier if I leave it own. There is no benefit to it, it's just what I do. I never any of my messengers off too if I can avoid it.. I hate missing people and messages... so.. that's mostly it.

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2008, 10:25:22 pm »

There is no benefit except that I use it just about constantly. It's just easier if I leave it own. There is no benefit to it, it's just what I do. I never any of my messengers off too if I can avoid it.. I hate missing people and messages... so.. that's mostly it.

I shouldn't have too many resource related issues then (only on a few hours day, and run nothing in the background like the troubleshooting docs say).
Good to know for reference.
Spore! Star Wars! Dinosaurs!
Fanfic!

I blame what I call the Scopes Law (When discussing evolution in the presence of a creationist, the discussion always becomes a religious debate).

Offline AuraBoyX

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2008, 12:09:44 am »
My chieftain kept getting stuck under the world. I would have to wait for him to die and respawn before I could do anything. He was a flying creature. I couldn't ally my last tribe group because he kept falling through the world and getting stuck so I have to kill the last tribe to advance when I wanted to ally them all.

Offline WeAreLegion

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
    • Noigel's Art
Tribe Glitch: Looping Tribal Leader = No Social and Fighting [H-E-L-P]
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2008, 05:36:45 am »
So my latest game is borked...I cannot play through tribe as I want since the tribal leader just sits there and does the same animation of waving his staff and will not:

- Conduct the band
- Fight
- Even do the mundane 'Toast a Marshmellow' animation

I am just on the boarder of aggressive and adaptable (Or whatever they are called in this phase, and I can't finish by killing of the other tribes (My grunts will fight) or I enter Civ with the wrong style of play.

By the way the freak will do the gifting process and his raindance/beastmaster skills...but that is about it.

About to delete the save here folks...any help? :(

This is my creature at tribal stage also:

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-WeAreLegion%7C2262876279%3Asast-500061134974
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 05:41:09 am by WeAreLegion »

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
Re: Tribe Glitch: Looping Tribal Leader = No Social and Fighting [H-E-L-P]
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2008, 05:48:05 am »
I had a semi-similar issue but it sorted it self out after a couple of clicks. One time he kept getting caught and place but I could still socialize even if the Tribal Leader was halfway across the map.

Offline Absinth

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • Check out my creatures on the sporepedia
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2008, 06:16:05 am »
So my latest game is borked...I cannot play through tribe as I want since the tribal leader just sits there and does the same animation of waving his staff and will not:

- Conduct the band
- Fight
- Even do the mundane 'Toast a Marshmellow' animation

I am just on the boarder of aggressive and adaptable (Or whatever they are called in this phase, and I can't finish by killing of the other tribes (My grunts will fight) or I enter Civ with the wrong style of play.

By the way the freak will do the gifting process and his raindance/beastmaster skills...but that is about it.

About to delete the save here folks...any help? :(

This is my creature at tribal stage also:

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-WeAreLegion%7C2262876279%3Asast-500061134974

I had the same glitch on this creature. http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-Absinth|2262018285%3Asast-500055422060 (deleted the tribal version on sporepedia because of this bug, but it's basically the same as this one).
Also ended up with only the gifting and beastmaster options available, had to change my gameplay to aggressive style to manage to get through the tribal stage.
Could it be a bug with multiple arms or maybe the beastmaster skill?
Spore has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men.

My sporepedia page
My gamingsteve creature page

Offline happydan20

• Venture Conqueror
  • Discovered the "everything syndrome."
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2008, 07:12:32 am »
ive had it happen too, i save before very stage just in case.

You could piss off some folks and hope they destroy your hut forcing a level restart.

Or go combat and try to take out what remains.
I survived the flood of 2008 and all I got was this crappy homelessness.

Offline WeAreLegion

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
    • Noigel's Art
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2008, 07:28:27 am »
ive had it happen too, i save before very stage just in case.

You could piss off some folks and hope they destroy your hut forcing a level restart.

Or go combat and try to take out what remains.

Had creatures kill the leader, had others take over my village...tried gifting to maybe break the cycle...nothing. :(

NOTE: He did conduct the band once...for the first tribr I friended...

Offline WeAreLegion

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
    • Noigel's Art
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2008, 12:56:46 pm »
Update:

My roommate, with a different computer and his own copy of the game, as well as a more traditional creature, has the same bug...

This seems to be an issue, in my house at least. :(