Author Topic: Can I extinct the animals on my home planet and replace?  (Read 6155 times)

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: Can I extinct the animals on my home planet and replace?
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2008, 08:04:58 am »
How do you get rid of a sentinent race when you want to colonize a system ? I try lasering them all but nothing happend.

Terraform them all to hell (aka freeze or burn the planet) and then destroy the last city standing, then terraform back... or destroy all cities/colonies.
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Bama

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 09:07:49 am »
Another question. Sorry. Can you move a sentinent species ? If so how. One that was in civilzation.

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
  • Underwater Civs For President!
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2008, 09:17:48 am »
Try abducting a handful, destroy all life on their planet (terraform the heck out of it or whatever), and then drop the ones you picked up on another planet. Lets hear how it turned out ^^

Offline Sasha

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2008, 09:29:45 am »
It doesn't work. I lasered down every single sentient being on a planet I wanted - they were on tribal btw) and nada, I couldn't use the colony pack on the planet.  before beginning the genocide, I abducted a dozen sentient beings from that planet and dropped them on another planet. They died. Guess the only sentient beings I can seed the galaxy with are my own  ::)

Offline Bama

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2008, 09:35:04 am »
Yep hasnt worked for me either

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2008, 03:18:42 am »
Are you sure the planet just "wasn't up to specs"? Maybe it needs a stable T3 environment first?

I abducted one and placed him on one of my colonised planets and he sat down and made a little camp fire.
Then I made crop circles. He walked around looking at them looking puzzled for a while.
Then I got bored and left the system :P He seemed to be doing fine though, I'm gonna try the same again with a monolith and and some more people.

Offline Bama

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2008, 07:02:22 pm »
Are you sure the planet just "wasn't up to specs"? Maybe it needs a stable T3 environment first?

I abducted one and placed him on one of my colonised planets and he sat down and made a little camp fire.
Then I made crop circles. He walked around looking at them looking puzzled for a while.
Then I got bored and left the system :P He seemed to be doing fine though, I'm gonna try the same again with a monolith and and some more people.

I've done it but they're not there when you get back

Offline happydan20

• Venture Conqueror
  • Discovered the "everything syndrome."
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2008, 09:08:01 pm »
the entire star system has to be unclaimed for you to colonize there, not just one planet.  Even if they are at evolutionary stages below space level.

If it is empty except for the planet youre on, check the "corners" and edges of the map, they sometimes wont show up on the map but if you drive there personally youll see them to laser them.
I survived the flood of 2008 and all I got was this crappy homelessness.

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2008, 01:01:29 am »
Update
I tried a "gently encouraged resettlement". Here's what I did:
1) I wanted the planet this civ species were taking up, so I abducted 12 of them and nuked the rest.
2) After that I found a suitable lone green orbit T0 planet in an uninhabited system far away and terraformed it to T3.
3) Then I dropped 6 of the ..uhm.. "encouraged resettlers" unto the surface and watched them build camps.
4) I left the system and when I came back they were all gone :(
5) Then I dropped the remaining 6 and plopped down a monolith RIGHT next to them (with no creatures nearby) and left the system.
6) After a while I was told that planet had an evolved species etc. etc. so I though GREAT! It worked!
7) ...except when the species went to space I paid them a visit and it was one of the ANIMAL races I'd seeded on the planet who'd evolved. No trace of the settlers >_<

That's a shame. I really wish "gently encouraged resettlement" was possible, it doesn't make sense that it isn't.

Perhaps in a patch or expansion :)

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2008, 02:50:22 am »
They aren't there because animals kill civ and tribespeople in 1 bite. Even herbivores chomp them to death.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"