Author Topic: Destroying Homeworlds  (Read 4266 times)

Offline Norefills

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
Destroying Homeworlds
« on: September 10, 2008, 07:41:29 pm »
If u destroy a homeworld does it wipe out the empire?

Offline Norefills

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Destroying Homeworlds
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 07:55:13 pm »
soo nobody knows? cuz i wanna know if i have to kill off every damn grox or just use a planet buster on there homeworld tehe

Offline Sub

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • End is tough.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 07:55:22 pm »
Nope, they just get a new homeworld on another one of their worlds.  

Offline Norefills

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 07:56:10 pm »
****!!!! :(

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 07:56:57 pm »
If u destroy a homeworld does it wipe out the empire?

No. Conquering or Destroying an Empire's Home Planet doesn't destroy them completely.

And you have to be patient.. Jesus.. don't bump after only like 10 minutes.. the forum enters stages of activity and inactivity. You have to wait a while sometimes to get an answer.

Edit:

No they don't. Or at least they didn't in my game. I completely wiped out an empire. I took their Homeworld as their second to last world, and the last world I took was still a normal colony.

****!!!! :(

Watch it!
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 07:57:10 pm »
Conversely, if a race destroys your homeworld, it's no big deal, right?

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 07:59:11 pm »
Conversely, if a race destroys your homeworld, it's no big deal, right?

They can't destroy you're homeworld.. per se. I've never had it happen but I would assume it's like in Civ.. you losing your home city isn't that big of a deal as long as you have another place to call home.
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline immortius

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 08:25:41 pm »
If every colony on your homeworld is wiped, a new one spawns after about 10-20 seconds.

AI don't use planet busters, and they don't capture your homeworld colonies.

Offline Sub

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • End is tough.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 09:13:31 pm »

No they don't. Or at least they didn't in my game. I completely wiped out an empire. I took their Homeworld as their second to last world, and the last world I took was still a normal colony.

I thought they did, but I guess I'm wrong on that.  I don't do many conquests.  I do know that if you buy an AI's homeworld, they get a new one.

Offline darkov

• Lunar Lander Leader
  • Sporepedia - Arrozal
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 10:56:06 pm »
"It's an experience that is not often had but it's very memorable. When you've sat back and thought about the meaning of life or your place in the universe or are there aliens out there or did I evolve from pond scum or whatever it is, that kind of range of questions is the domain of Spore and everybody in some sense has asked our own set of those questions." -- Will Wright

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 10:58:43 pm »
Watch it!

Asterisks are bad?  :-X

Eh? I assumed that was the Auto-Censor kicking in and censoring a worse word. On top of that it's still against the rules, especially since it's a post that adds nothing to the conversation and is a one word post.

Offline jydnys

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 01:16:19 am »
If every colony on your homeworld is wiped, a new one spawns after about 10-20 seconds.

AI don't use planet busters, and they don't capture your homeworld colonies.

I don't like this part of the game.  I wanted to have kind of an exodus and move to a different part of the galaxy.

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2008, 01:52:34 am »
you can, you just completely cannibalise your own empire for as many sporebucks as you can get by selling off everything you possibly can, then use the money to buy colony incred-packs (but leave enough to buy buildings) fly away leaving your homeworld left as the only base you have, when you've foundthe desired spot you want place 7 or so cities on a good T3 planet with rare spice and call it home, just forget about your old homeworld, someone will probably take it or you can fly back and planetbust it or whatever you want.
Never mind your own business.

Offline spiritofcat

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Ta-da!
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2008, 05:07:56 am »
you can, you just completely cannibalise your own empire for as many sporebucks as you can get by selling off everything you possibly can, then use the money to buy colony incred-packs (but leave enough to buy buildings) fly away leaving your homeworld left as the only base you have, when you've foundthe desired spot you want place 7 or so cities on a good T3 planet with rare spice and call it home, just forget about your old homeworld, someone will probably take it or you can fly back and planetbust it or whatever you want.
Uh, isn't there a limit of 3 colonies per planet?

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2008, 06:24:29 am »
Uh, isn't there a limit of 3 colonies per planet?

Just take over a civ planet! I get 70 purple spice on my best colony.