Author Topic: Combining Parts  (Read 1437 times)

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
Combining Parts
« on: September 14, 2008, 04:35:36 am »
Iv found in the Cell game that you can combine parts. Of course we all know that you can over lap parts and place them on top of each other. But I placed a Jet over the top of a Poison thingy, and now they work as one. and my speed is ALOT faster, faster than I've seen a Jet move. Its like a big jet that opens at the end and propels me faster with THE POWER OF GREY SKULL.

Have you found any combinations that change how your creature works not only look good?

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: Combining Parts
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 04:38:36 am »
Iv found in the Cell game that you can combine parts. Of course we all know that you can over lap parts and place them on top of each other. But I placed a Jet over the top of a Poison thingy, and now they work as one. and my speed is ALOT faster, faster than I've seen a Jet move. Its like a big jet that opens at the end and propels me faster with THE POWER OF GREY SKULL.

Have you found any combinations that change how your creature works not only look good?

What do you mean by "combine" them, did they make a new part when you put them together and if so how? or do you mean they overlapped and worked as one? maybe those extra cell parts in the dev editor are actually combinations of the available parts <_<
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 05:16:58 am »
I have combines the carnivore mouth and herbivore mouth to make it looks like its beak with whiskers.

Also i have made the spine very tiny so the spikes can face forward like tusks along with the omnivore proboscis. This is actually counter productive because it sucks but them breaks up creature into pieces of meat and thus cannot be eaten. And then plant matter is hard to suck because it has to fit in between the tusks. Needless to say while it looks cool that's a bad combo/configuration.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 05:34:13 am »
It would be nice if you could stack parts to make those more developed and better parts available in the dev editor.

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Alvin Flummox

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 05:55:41 am »
How do you actually get into the extra cell and plant editors? I went into the other thread but I have no idea how to add a command to a shortcut ???
My Sporepedia. Please take a look and comment :)
Also, feel free to look at My thread

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 06:04:00 am »
Make a shortcut to Spore, right click it and go to Properties then:

For flora editor, for cell editor just replace "-state:FloraEditor" with "-state:CellEditor"

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 06:08:47 am »
How do you actually get into the extra cell and plant editors? I went into the other thread but I have no idea how to add a command to a shortcut ???

Optional: Right click on the short cut you use to run Spore, make a copy of it. Paste that copy to the desktop. Rename the Copy so you know it's something different.

Right click, go to Properties. Make sure you're in the Shortcut Tab. Go to where it says "Target" go to the VERY end, add a space and include this: -state:CellEditor or this: -state:FloraEditor

Add ONLY ONE at a time.
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Alvin Flummox

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 06:24:12 am »
kl thanks alot. I tried adding it to the start but I never thought to add it to end of the directory lol ;D
My Sporepedia. Please take a look and comment :)
Also, feel free to look at My thread