Author Topic: Spore Q&A  (Read 3805 times)

Offline TDKenyon

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
    • Neu Age
Spore Q&A
« on: September 09, 2008, 09:59:33 am »
Hey everyone, I've been lurking around here since a few days before Spore come out, and I've seen lots of small threads pop up with little questions.

Spore is definitely the kind of game that has so many features and ways to do things that it's almost impossible to figure it all out. With a little help, I'd like to build a nice thread where people can ask questions (especially little questions that people wouldn't ask because they don't want to start a new thread) and the community can help answer. I'll try to keep an active list of questions to avoid repeats and help people out.

My first question: Is there a way to see how many empires you own?

Offline TDKenyon

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
    • Neu Age
Re: Spore Q&A
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 10:00:13 am »
Reserving this space for Q&A list, sorry for the double post.

Offline TDKenyon

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
    • Neu Age
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 10:15:31 am »
Do you mean planet bust a planet? Or simply capture it? So far from my playing, the spice has never changed no matter what I do (capture, destroy all cities, terraform, SoL) . However, I've never blown up a planet and made a new one.

Offline TDKenyon

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
    • Neu Age
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 10:23:18 am »
Well I didn't know you could create a new planet. How does one do that? I'd be willing to test it out for you.

Offline TDKenyon

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
    • Neu Age
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 11:03:48 am »
Do you mean "should" as in it would be a neat feature, or as in there is one that I should get? If the latter, how do I unlock that?

Offline tuggles

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 11:34:00 am »
I might be wrong as I havent gotten far enough in space to know for sure but I dont think a re creator tool is in.

As far as city hall you should be able to click the edit button on sporepedia and change your city hall building

Offline TDKenyon

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
    • Neu Age
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 11:54:01 am »
I've gotten pretty far. I'm Omnipotent, reached the center of the galaxy, and have quite a few badges. However, I am missing a couple Main Tools that are question marked in my tool listing.

Offline Rusted

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 07:23:34 pm »
So is the Planet Creator/Genesis Device in the game? 

Answer is a spoiler, PM'd.
Terraforming. 
Turning dirt, forming.
Turning dirt; forming.
Terraforming.

Rusted -Sporepedia Name and Link
PM if you add me, I'll return the favor.

Offline Liquos

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 07:29:15 pm »
Can you throw a creature into orbit around a planet?

Offline pyroraptor07

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 07:39:50 pm »
Not the way they did in the old demos, but I think you can shoot it back out into orbit.

Offline Pardan

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 09:08:30 pm »
Question.

1. Are there any real reason to set up trade routes with other races? In the Civ stage doing so would net you cash, but I have yet to find that the same applies to the space stage. To make money I still need to do spice runs between planets and do missions. I am aware that you can eventually purchase a system if you have a traderoute going for a while, but they ask for absurd amount of money.

2. If traderoutes dont trickle in money, why can't we get more then 2 at the same time? I have played a game where I had 5 alliances going at the same time, but no more then 2 traderoutes. Is there a way to get more traderoutes going, and are there really any need to do it?

Sporepedia user.

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-Thoram

<embed width="384" height="206" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" src="http://www.spore.com/flash/csa_widget.swf?userid=2263024371&username=Thoram&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spore.com%2Fview%2Fuser-thumbnail" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" scale="showall" name="latest-creatures" /></emb

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 09:16:34 pm »
If you have a trade route going long enough the race will eventually allow you to offer a bid to buy that entire system from them. I dont know why there is a limit though.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Pardan

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 09:19:37 pm »
If you have a trade route going long enough the race will eventually allow you to offer a bid to buy that entire system from them. I dont know why there is a limit though.

I know about the offer they give after a while of trading, but is that really the only reason to do a traderun with them? In the Civ stage you made cash while trading with the other cities which allows you to purchase their city. But in the spacestage you dont even get that. You only get the option to purchase the system you trade with, but with the sums they ask, you will have to do quite a lot of manual trade with spice, or hope you get offered missions that pay a nice sum of cash, but even then you mostly need the money to upgrade your ship first with new weapons, larger cargo and stronger ship/bigger energy cap.
Sporepedia user.

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-Thoram

<embed width="384" height="206" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" src="http://www.spore.com/flash/csa_widget.swf?userid=2263024371&username=Thoram&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spore.com%2Fview%2Fuser-thumbnail" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" scale="showall" name="latest-creatures" /></emb

Offline SpaceX

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 10:01:41 pm »
Ok I have a question...

Can you have more than one of your space ships? Sorta like how the NPCs have 4 ships gaurding each planet. Is there any way for us to do this? Because Its getting really annoying traveling back and forth between planets to defend them and prevent natural...

Offline TDKenyon

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
    • Neu Age
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008, 10:27:24 pm »
@Pardan:
You can eventually get more trade routes if I'm not mistaken. There is a badge that requires 5 (and eventually more at higher levels) trade routes, though this may just mean you need to end/buy out a trade route and make another. I'll look into this tomorrow.

Also, I don't think you get anything else from trade routes. Perhaps increased Spice production. It can get pretty easy to rake in the Sporebucks once you have the money to max out colonies. I have a group of colonies on the edge of Grox space that I can easily make 10 million in about 10 minutes. Rare spice is VERY helpful.

@SpaceX:
You can not get more of YOUR ships, but you can make alliances and request a ship from them that will follow you around. Other than that, however, there is no way to get extra ships. Turrets usually do the trick, and you can eventually get an Uber Turret that (though expensive and can only have one per colony) flies around and defends your colony pretty well.

@MasterChiToes:
I'll buy a system tomorrow to see what it costs. I'll try on a homeworld and a regular colony.