Author Topic: Epic Creatures - You share the pictures!  (Read 47993 times)

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
  • Underwater Civs For President!
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
Re: Epic Creatures - You share the pictures!
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2008, 04:00:59 am »
I've found at least a handful of your creatures Legion, just not any epics. Mine are not in any shots either.

Cool!

I cannot wait to see my Cimchomp!!

..I've not seen the Cimchomp though, and well... most of the others met an untimely demise when the temperature on the planet in question suddenly jack-knifed - something I had almost nothing to do with *cough*

BAH HA HA HA HA HAHAHAHA!!!! *breaths* HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

LOL!!! I'd love to see that as a comic...

Hehe well I wouldn't celebrate too fast... I've seen a lot of your creatures around as well, so some of them might well have been on there too :P I think I often use one of yours to seed with actually. Can't remember which though.

Offline Beatnuki

• Scramble Skipper
  • Wilco Hex, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
    • Beatnuki's Chunk of Funk (which seemed like a good idea at the time)
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2008, 04:55:35 am »
Hmmm, I really should take down more of the Epics' names when I find them. I've only got a couple of screenshots.

This was my first Epic. Anyone care to step forward and claim it? It was surprisingly vicious.

This is my own creation, the Mini Demonspawn. Only suddenly without the 'mini' part. He slaughtered so many innocent Lemmings!  :'(
If you peruse my things, you get POINTS!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Beatnuki

Only trouble is, they're Whose Line Is It Anyway points, which are infamously not worth anything.

Offline cloud_dog_9

• Sea Battler
  • Can life get any better? I submit that it can NOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2008, 05:58:32 am »
Necrox,

Could you post some screen shots of my creatures?  I have not seen any of mine in my game.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2008, 06:42:54 am »
I finally looked at this thread since I have the game. I love the hot dog picture, how funny that must have been. I had this one:

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2008, 06:51:27 am »
Necrox,

Could you post some screen shots of my creatures?  I have not seen any of mine in my game.

I will do if I remember. I always forget to upload them ;) But yeah. Same to you, if you happen across mine :P

Offline WeAreLegion

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
    • Noigel's Art
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2008, 10:30:43 am »
I finally looked at this thread since I have the game. I love the hot dog picture, how funny that must have been. I had this one:

Too funny Lady!!

Offline cloud_dog_9

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2008, 11:03:00 am »
Necrox,

I will do if I remember. I always forget to upload them ;) But yeah. Same to you, if you happen across mine :P

I defiently will.  I was also tempted to try to make that crab that you have as your avatar.

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2008, 01:25:20 am »
I defiently will.  I was also tempted to try to make that crab that you have as your avatar.

It's a Lobsterman from the game X-COM: Terror From The Deep. They're absolutely awesome ^^ Extremely strong and almost impossible to kill... they just don't aim so well with guns :P
I've been wanting to make one for the longest time, but I'm afraid I wont do it justice. Maybe it's time I tried as well though.
Let me know if you do make it, I definately want to check it out :)

Offline cloud_dog_9

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2008, 06:12:11 am »
Could you post or send me a picture of what the back looks like?  I don't like to take to much artistic liscense on things people really like.

Offline Conflict

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2008, 06:55:34 am »
Here's one of Hydro's creatures in action (i think its named tooter bug), it caused mayhem on a civilized planet.. you should have heard the screams!

Offline Rubric

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2008, 06:59:20 am »

I finally saw an Epic that was not one of my own creatures.  It was... Larrot, made by WeAreLegion.  It was sort of a giant parakeet.  I took some screen shots, but it was very late last night, so I didn't look at them yet.  I'll post this weekend if they aren't horrible.

Also, slightly off-topic: I ran into this guy within SECONDS of starting my first try at the Civ phase.  It was cool, but sort of irritating to have an epic creature inside my city walls, when I (a) didn't really know what I was doing yet, and (b) had no money.  He destroyed everything I built.  I finally had to just ignore him (inside my city!!) while I went about the business of setting up some trade routes.  He wasn't eating people, and didn't seem to be bothering my city hall, so it was okay to just let him roost in one of my vacant lots.

Then, later when I had money coming in a faster rate, I was able to build two turrets at a time, so one could shoot him while he destroyed the other.  Wait awhile for money to replenish, and repeat.  I burned through at least 10 to 12 turrets before I finally laid that sucker to rest.

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2008, 07:04:51 am »
X-COM: Terror From The Deep, was a cool game for its time, but i only saw the first underwater stage, it was a demo :(

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2008, 07:17:30 am »
Could you post or send me a picture of what the back looks like?  I don't like to take to much artistic liscense on things people really like.

There isn't really any I'm affraid. There's only 2 "detailed" pictures of the lobstermen in the game: That one and the autopsy of it which doesn't show the back (and the proportions don't seem right either). Other than that there's only the tiny tiny sprites.
My impression of it however, is that it's supposed to be a single oval shell, possibly with a much smaller section at the top and bottom similar to real lobsters (only a bit rounder).

They don't appear to have a tail, so the shell is probably a mix between crab and lobster, and coloured like a slightly darker version of the dark bits of the main claws.

DaMuncha: It's a shame you didn't play the full game then. It was ace. I still play it from time to time ^^
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 07:19:02 am by Necrox »

Offline Atarr

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2008, 08:30:24 am »
While playing the creature phase earlier I ran into Skettaloit by Jaleho.

I didn't manage to get a better pic, I was too busy runnung away.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2008, 08:33:41 am »
Just out of curiosity, who here has me as Buddy/ subscribed to my stuff?
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.