2 (5.6%)
Trader
7 (19.4%)
Bard
1 (2.8%)
Scientist
9 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: What's Your Favorite Path?  (Read 6239 times)

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
Re: What's Your Favorite Path?
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2008, 08:24:27 am »
Those pirates are useful as a distraction though, or giving someone a black eye without actually going to war.

I've used it to make other warrior races quit sending raids at me when I suspect that its thier doing and it just about always works. Sort of like saying 'hey, I can do the same thing to you! see... *unleashes pirate horde above a colony*. Send those pirates of yours again and I'll do the same to you.'

Offline AtmaDarkwolf

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2008, 09:01:25 am »
yes, but as a warrior path u end up with the highest level weapons pretty damn quick. And being that as a fact, you can drop onto an enemies home world, slap on the shield, and destroy 6-7 of their cities before the shield drops. - This is NOT using the antimatter bomb/missiles. If u have those, u can easily wipe out the entire planet with 1 shield use. Any other planet (3 colony types) is a cheese.

So again, the pirate raid skill is next to worthless, I only ever used it as a fun factor(Launch them and watch them mess with stuff, especially fun in civ worlds)

Offline Kenobro

• Space Harrier
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2008, 09:06:45 am »
Scientist by far because you can destroy everything in sight with one shot.  Either that or Zealot because annoying Spode people think alike with you and it's easier to socialize with them.  Plus you can take over instead of destroy, but that's another story.

Quote from: Grazony
Thanks Kenobro. :)

Offline nightk

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2008, 11:34:24 am »
i have only been Warrior,Trader,Scientist and ecologist.

But i like most ecologist because of creating life and that sort of thing

I hated Trader

Offline AtmaDarkwolf

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2008, 11:47:34 am »
never tried trader, what exactly does it's special do?

Just 'instantly' buy out other systems?

Kinda lame considering it usually takes as long to gather the money to buy a system that it would take for the meter to fill/skill to recharge.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2008, 11:50:08 am »
yes, but as a warrior path u end up with the highest level weapons pretty damn quick. And being that as a fact, you can drop onto an enemies home world, slap on the shield, and destroy 6-7 of their cities before the shield drops. - This is NOT using the antimatter bomb/missiles. If u have those, u can easily wipe out the entire planet with 1 shield use. Any other planet (3 colony types) is a cheese.

So again, the pirate raid skill is next to worthless, I only ever used it as a fun factor(Launch them and watch them mess with stuff, especially fun in civ worlds)

Other than using it as a tactical distraction, annoying other empires, getting others to stop sending pirate raids on you, yea its pretty much worthless. I'm not sure how well it actually works in getting others (usually warrior races) to stop pitting pirates on you, but it seems to work for me.

@AtmaDarkwolf: Basically it instantly fills out the system purchase meter so you can buy it right then and there.

Offline nightk

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2008, 02:20:44 am »
the trader super power "cash infusion" makes an sistem with a trade route avaible to buy but it does not buy the sistem or diminutes its value.It still costs to buy aroud 3 milion sporebucks.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2008, 02:31:14 am »
That's lame. I love the ecologist superpower, makes my life a lot easier.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2008, 05:19:37 am »
Shaman. The most sane/sociable guys ever.