Author Topic: Debug Mode *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*  (Read 35769 times)

Offline TDKenyon

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
    • Neu Age
Re: Debug Mode *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2008, 01:55:28 pm »
On another note, the debug mode is almost certainly still existent due to the sheer number of references to it in Spore_Game, not to mention Caryl's post.
QFT. It's really only a matter of time.

Does anyone know how long it took to find out the debug cheat(s) for the Sims 2? I never played, but it could give some insight as to how to go about finding the debug cheat(s) in Spore.

What I meant was that the debug console and everything along with it was likely removed.
However, if a very good hacker could 'trick the program' into thinking the game was in debug mode, perhaps then some of the leftover code for the cheats may work.

Basically just something that probably won't ever happen. It would require a vast amount of knowledge about hacking programs... as in the guys who find out how to bypass security checks and stuff like that.
But we probably would have heard from one of them by now, if such a thing were possible.
What Eradicator is saying (he understood your post from what I understand) is that it can not be removed if it is possible to "trick the program" into thinking the game was in debug mode. For that to be possible, it has to still be in the game. I can't trick the game into thinking it's a pony if it wasn't capable of being a pony, you know what I mean?

There are people like that working on finding it out. The reason why we haven't "head from one of them by now" is because there's been little success; what success there has been, we've heard about.

Offline Ittiz

• Wizard of Wor
  • Horned Hopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2008, 09:35:02 pm »
On another note, the debug mode is almost certainly still existent due to the sheer number of references to it in Spore_Game, not to mention Caryl's post.
QFT. It's really only a matter of time.

Does anyone know how long it took to find out the debug cheat(s) for the Sims 2? I never played, but it could give some insight as to how to go about finding the debug cheat(s) in Spore.

What I meant was that the debug console and everything along with it was likely removed.
However, if a very good hacker could 'trick the program' into thinking the game was in debug mode, perhaps then some of the leftover code for the cheats may work.

Basically just something that probably won't ever happen. It would require a vast amount of knowledge about hacking programs... as in the guys who find out how to bypass security checks and stuff like that.
But we probably would have heard from one of them by now, if such a thing were possible.
What Eradicator is saying (he understood your post from what I understand) is that it can not be removed if it is possible to "trick the program" into thinking the game was in debug mode. For that to be possible, it has to still be in the game. I can't trick the game into thinking it's a pony if it wasn't capable of being a pony, you know what I mean?

There are people like that working on finding it out. The reason why we haven't "head from one of them by now" is because there's been little success; what success there has been, we've heard about.

Does anyone have any password brute forcing software?  If we aren't smart enough to guess it, a brute force program probably could in a month or so of running continuously.

Offline aku_mulator

• Atari Combat Vet
  • This is Tapon. Search it in Sporepedia!
    • View Profile
    • My Spore Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2008, 05:05:53 am »
i have a bruteforce software..
~{sry for my bad english}~

Greetings,

aku_mulator

Offline Insani99999

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2008, 07:41:31 am »
Debug Mode could be very awesome :3

So bruteforce could somehow help unlock debug mode?

Offline Ittiz

• Wizard of Wor
  • Horned Hopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 10, 2008, 02:02:27 pm »
Debug Mode could be very awesome :3

So bruteforce could somehow help unlock debug mode?

yeah you have brute force software systematically go through all the possible permutations in the cheat console until the debug command is found.  Probably the way to go about it would have it try a permutation then try some know debug command that will have an effect that someone can see  when they come by later.  If the permutation failed the debug command would do nothing and the program would try the next permutation.

Offline Miclee

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2008, 03:20:04 pm »
So... it would create a list of all possible codes that work?

Offline Insani99999

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2008, 10:04:10 pm »

Is it possible, maybe, that the debug mode code is in the packages?

Perhaps a line that says 'play in debug mode' or something similliar?

Offline Blulightning

• Bezerk Brawler
  • Radioactive Kitty!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2008, 03:16:45 am »
Sorry, Ittiz, bruteforce software wouldn't work.

And no it's not in the package files, just text about it.

Debug mode doesn't exist in our versions of the game. Only Maxis has it.
Someone would have activated it by now if it was in there.