Author Topic: XBOX 360 is making me sick!  (Read 11884 times)

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
  • You know what the payment is...
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
Re: XBOX 360 is making me sick!
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2005, 02:30:10 pm »
Also, people in the US gladly pay about $9.60 a gallon for Dasani bottled water, an amenity that comes almost free of charge from something lost to the test of time called a "tap" or "faucet," but when gas gets to 3 bucks it's intolerable. I don't understand people.

A lot of our water over here is pretty crappy to drink.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2005, 03:51:35 pm »
A topic about the Xbox has magically changed to bottled water. We should all take up politics.
The media here in England arent saying anything about the xbox, everyones still crowing about nintendogs, it was released ages ago and theres a short column about it in todays Guardian (ok its the G2 section but still)   
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2005, 09:21:03 pm »
a "tap" or "faucet,"

im sorry... a what now?  ;D
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2005, 01:28:19 am »
A rain pipe end.

Offline SurfMurph

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
    • My blog on MSN Spaces
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2005, 11:49:45 am »

All I'm saying is with my budget a $99 PS2 and a couple budget games for under $150 bucks is doable. The XBOX 360, hell no. I'm not going to buy into Microsoft's 360 degrees of hype.

So will you not be getting a PS3 or Revolution at launch either? How will you feel when the PS3 is priced similarly or even higher as some journalists/analysts have suggested? Will you wait until the price comes down?

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2005, 04:21:28 pm »
those other companys arent owned by well known, sickeningly rich, monopoly owning, full of bugs operating system making, glasses wearing people/person.

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
  • Returned from the grave, now with more immunities!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2005, 04:37:02 pm »
I find it odd I was willing to pay $1,500 for a computer, that's twice as much as my car cost me, But I'm not willing to even think abotu buying an Xbox 360. The only next gen console I would even consider is Nintendo's Revolution, and with their "aim at everybody" philosophy I have serious doubts about it going over $200. Nintendo is going to make that thing so cheap EVERYONE can afford it. I've noticed over the years though that when Nintendo makes a product it works, I found a buried Gameboy in my mom's garden (how did it get there I wonder  ???) and the thing worked after I cleaned it up and put in new batteries. There stuff is cheap and affordable. The only reason I got consoles when I was little is cause my parents could afford to put a SNES or N64 on lay-away and buy it for me. I think the price of the Xbox 360 is going to seriously hinder it's sales, hard....erk, better get back to work.
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline SurfMurph

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
    • My blog on MSN Spaces
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2005, 10:24:31 pm »
Krakow, you had me at "sickeningly rich". :D

Doesn't Bill wear contacts now?

Being the total geeky, geezer gamer that I am, I'll end up buying all of the major next gen consoles -- capitalist pigs that these companies may be.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 10:29:10 pm by SurfMurph »

Offline Toshipaine

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
    • web - music - art :: kxmode
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2005, 12:20:23 pm »
So will you not be getting a PS3 or Revolution at launch either? How will you feel when the PS3 is priced similarly or even higher as some journalists/analysts have suggested? Will you wait until the price comes down?

I'm a PC gamer. I think that about sums up my view of consoles. I bought COD2 Wednesday. Good god almighty does that game rock. Graphics is top-notch! Gameplay rocking! Story is good. Oh and it's been released almost a FULL month before the 360 version.  :D
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 12:25:22 pm by Toshipaine »

Offline Toshipaine

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2005, 12:22:41 pm »
I find it odd I was willing to pay $1,500 for a computer, that's twice as much as my car cost me, But I'm not willing to even think abotu buying an Xbox 360.

Because people don't spend $600 bucks on a gaming system. They will however spend $1,500 on a computer system, because it has lots of other uses besides gaming. I use mine to play Beyond Good and Evil, play BF2, play CounterStrike, play MMOGs, make music, make sounds, do graphic design, web development, build web sites, work on Flash design and actionscripting projects, surf the web, play the FOREX market, check my IRA account, check my email, read the latest news, read blogs, LISTEN TO VIDEO GAME PODCASTS, listen to music, and so on and so forth...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 12:29:16 pm by Toshipaine »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2005, 04:31:04 pm »
plus, you can extend the life of a pc a bit by upgrading the hardware. Also, its easier to get a decent price for a PC if you want to sell it, an out of date PC is still pretty usable but an out of date previous gen console is going to have to sit in your attic for years until its worth something.

Offline Toshipaine

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2005, 06:38:30 pm »
Damn straight krakow! :D

THAT'S why Microsoft doesn't get it...

Offline cotrienla

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2006, 03:07:47 am »
Look at games as a whole. Anyone who is serious about gaming knows that good games appears on all platforms thereforth is worth owning all if possible. If not possible, do not bash what you don't understand.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 03:15:04 am by cotrienla »

Offline Zealousy

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2006, 03:46:01 am »
Lol. Cotrienla's a speedy editor like I am. ;)
In trying to realign with your original post, even though I know it was made back in October, I don't think that the 360 is currently getting enough coverage. Admittedly, Steve's podcast is the only one I listen to, but I visit several gaming sites on a near-daily basis, and this is the only game page that comes to mind that makes any mention of the failed deliveries and shortages. I could argue that articles about a new console are more valuable than articles about gaming, especially when something goes awry.

If we were to imagine this were televised news, then game news would be like the daily news. It's always current, and always has an undertone of urgency. I know family members have become obsessed with watching the news, because it is always late-breaking information, and it's hard to realize how unimportant all of it can be. (I happen to be the same way with gaming news. :P) Console releases, on the other hand, are like elections: that's the real barometer of what is taking place in the (gaming) world, and it's an event that happens regularly but infrequently. Console releases should be huge, and people are getting fed up with the 360 because it's the only real candidate on the floor. I actually find that more interesting than a standard release, and I want to hear all the info that I can about it, good or bad, because this might set an odd precedent. If this release had gone flawlessly I think it'd be more common to see consoles no longer worrying about being released in sync with their competitors. Instead consoles would be released when they were ready for release.
So, would that mean that multiple generations of the same system will be active in the market at the same time? Imagine how important an issue like backwards-compatibility would be then! The PS3 could relax and learn from all of 360's mistakes, and the bashful Revolution could hide away for another two years only to be revealed as the greatest console ever, simply because the pressure to stay current would be even more relaxed than it is now.

Hopefully no-one will get carried away with my metaphor here. I don't want this thread to result in drawn party lines or bomb-throwing. :-X

Then again, this is all politics to me anyways. It's just a different subject. And I'm apparently fond of run-ons. :)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 03:52:39 am by Zealousy »
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather ... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.
- Will Shriner

Offline Aybraus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • aka VFX Watch aka Toothy aka Chris.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2006, 11:05:02 am »
Look at games as a whole. Anyone who is serious about gaming knows that good games appears on all platforms thereforth is worth owning all if possible. If not possible, do not bash what you don't understand.
One post.  And it's a bump.

*sigh*
I'm toothy22 on Steam. Someone needs to invite me into the GS clan!