Author Topic: XBOX 360 is making me sick!  (Read 11872 times)

Offline Toshipaine

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
    • web - music - art :: kxmode
XBOX 360 is making me sick!
« on: October 24, 2005, 09:56:55 pm »
Let me be abundantly clear I love Steve's podcast. Besides all the 360 talk it's a pretty balanced show. You mix things up with SporeTalk which I'm totally looking forward too on the PC and I thank you.

Tonight I went on a podcasting binge and subscribed to just about every gaming podcast that got high relevancy. Holy crap! What in the hell is the deal with 360?!  Why is every, freaking, podcast yapping it up about the 360 console? I don't mind one or two podcasts but it's like you'd swear Microsoft paid EVERY podcaster to talk about their console nonstop from here until new years! When are we going to hear about Nintendo’s revolution? When are we going to hear about PC games? When am I going to get a freaking MMORPG PC gaming podcast! ??? I think I need a hug  :'(
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 10:00:03 pm by Toshipaine »

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Re: XBOX 360 is making me sick!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 10:05:34 pm »
the thing is coming out in less than a month isn't it it's big news what u expect them to talk about.

Offline Toshipaine

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 10:27:47 pm »
Well thats all fine and good but I'm a Gamer and I want other news and info besides XBOX 360. Listening to these Casts you would swear that Microsoft opened a vortex and sucked in EVERYTHING gaming except XBOX 360.

Steve from one gamer to another, thanks for keeping it real man.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 10:30:54 pm by Toshipaine »

Offline Jack

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 11:49:49 pm »
I think steve is  equal as one can be, its  big news, and people want info asp....
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 11:52:17 pm by Jack »

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 07:52:07 am »
I try to balance things out in every show, but considering that new gaming consoles are launched only once every 4-5 years, the Xbox 360 is pretty big news. Hence, I will be covering it quite a bit over the next few weeks. In time, the same thing will happen when the PS3 comes out, and then the Revolution and then we don't have to worry about another product launch until 2010 or so!

These things always go in cycles and right now it's the Xbox 360 cycle. Remember 7 months ago when it was the PSP cycle? And now you have to look hard to find a PSP-related story. Don't worry, it will fade in time.
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline retman

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2005, 08:03:49 am »
Toshipaine microsoft gave out tons of info about the 360 nintendo is all quite about
the revoution face it microsoft gives out more info on their conosle than sony and ninty
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 11:38:55 am by retman »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2005, 09:27:12 am »
and then we don't have to worry about another product launch until 2010 or so!

The Xbox 129600 is making me sick!
PS4 will only run on Quantum Definition TV's!
Far-out Nintendo console to ship with malleable controllers!
Nintendo QS, two screens too many?
New sony handheld poll, PSP2 or PS2P?
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline cyberman

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2005, 06:07:53 am »
All the talk is about the 360 because that is what everyone is focusing on now.
If podcast existed when the 2600, NES, 3DO, or PS1 I am sure that they would be the focus too. I see your point but like me Gaming Steve seems to be a fan of all. I like his Podcast for this reason alone.

Offline Toshipaine

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2005, 12:16:45 pm »
This is why Gaming Steve is one of my favorites because his show balances 360 talk with gaming news, SporeTalk, Reviews, contests and other cool stuff. Other Casts devote episode after episode to 360. If you're not even remotely interested in buying the 360 it's nauseous. And it's not because I don't want a 360, but I'd shoot myself if I spent more than $500 bucks on a freaking video game system.

What surprises me is how thick-headed Microsoft is. Imagine when parents this holiday season walk into Best Buy, KB Toys, or EB and get ready to buy the 360 for little Jonny. They have the non-core system, with extra wireless controllers, recharger pack for said controllers, HD hookups, XBOX live package, and 2-3 games at the counter. The cashier rings up everything with tax for a grand total of $650 bucks. I think most will have a heart-attack! They'll think "Wait a second! We don't have a computer yet" or "you know that PS2 is only $100 bucks and games are $20". And that's what most will do. They'll either buy a computer or PS2. Another issue is Microsoft has pretty much lost the bulk of the southeast region due to hurricane damage. Buying a new gaming console is the last thing on their minds. And of course the rest of us have to deal is $3 gas.

All I'm saying is with my budget a $99 PS2 and a couple budget games for under $150 bucks is doable. The XBOX 360, hell no. I'm not going to buy into Microsoft's 360 degrees of hype.

Offline DevilMachine

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Defender of the Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2005, 12:52:16 pm »
I've just found out that the xbox360 isnt being relased in New Zealand until March or April :(
I wasnt going to buy one straight away, but I sure would have liked to play on one at the same time all you guys do.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2005, 01:09:11 pm »
I've just found out that the xbox360 isnt being relased in New Zealand until March or April :(
I wasnt going to buy one straight away, but I sure would have liked to play on one at the same time all you guys do.

I thought that MS was trying to release all on the same day, but it wasn't logistically possible so they only spaced a few weeks apart. Check to make sure that your info is accurate. If I had to guess, I would say that it will probably come out in NZ before December's end.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2005, 01:40:37 pm »
sorry to drag this off topic but:
And of course the rest of us have to deal is $3 gas.
Everyone shut up about how *expensive* fuel is in the U.S! This is really turning into a pet hate for me! The current average price for petrol in the UK is $6.40!

ahem, I personally wouldnt spend $650 (or £325) on a games console and I doubt a lot of other people will. I think Microsoft is desperately trying to wrest the hardcore gamer market from Sony (it wont work because a lot of hardcore gamers are fanboys who wouldnt switch systems if you paid them) at the expense of the wider 'family' market, poor Johnny will have to make do with a PS2 until a reasonably priced console comes along.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2005, 01:45:27 pm »
Also, people in the US gladly pay about $9.60 a gallon for Dasani bottled water, an amenity that comes almost free of charge from something lost to the test of time called a "tap" or "faucet," but when gas gets to 3 bucks it's intolerable. I don't understand people.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2005, 01:59:03 pm »
Dasani failed miserably in the UK. Aside from the obvious pricing woes maybe it had something to do with this  http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/onlyfools/christmas/1992.shtml.

Offline DevilMachine

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Defender of the Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2005, 02:26:51 pm »

I thought that MS was trying to release all on the same day, but it wasn't logistically possible so they only spaced a few weeks apart. Check to make sure that your info is accurate. If I had to guess, I would say that it will probably come out in NZ before December's end.

I was talking to a guy who works at Gamesman downtown, he told me it wont be until March-April. So I guess that depends on how accurate his information is. We shall see......