Author Topic: Highest mission payout  (Read 2992 times)

Offline Conflict

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
Highest mission payout
« on: September 08, 2008, 11:56:33 pm »
I just completed a mission that gave me 260000 sporebucks, and all I had to do was balance an ecosystem (putting 2 types of animals on a planet).

What's your highest you've got so far cause I'm wondering how high these payouts can go.

Offline Spore-addict

• Kaboom Boomer!
    • View Profile
Re: Highest mission payout
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 01:34:27 am »
missions really dont give that much again.

When i was less than one hour into space I got sums like 300-500 k on trading rare spice.
Of course you cant do it all the time in early game but the main cash comes from delivering spice.

Not sure how much the trading routes gives? Anyone?

Just buy everything that is low. That is below 3-4k then after a while you reach colonies where they give you 11k or maybe just 5-6k then bang. you just got 200 procent back....It really go fast.

Master Raytracer Spore-addict = KarmaCowboy

See you out there, feel free to comment my creatures.

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
  • Underwater Civs For President!
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 01:45:03 am »
Yeah I think the missions are good to begin with but when you get further into the game... I mean if I do a spice run around all my planets and then sell it to a few areas I know to give good prices, I end up with a couple of millions in 10 min. That's pretty far into the game though, I'm Omnipotent now, but it seems to me the 260k reward is also fairly far into the game.

Offline Spore-addict

• Kaboom Boomer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 01:48:35 am »
going mission crazy is nice but it really dont buff your cashflow much.

When handling traderoutes, pirates and all the other things, delivering spice seems natural. and it gives more.

I just wish that some more viable routes was possible in space. Like gathering information and selling it. Being an MAJOR artifact collect. A spying race that sells info. A backstabbing race that turns races against eachother and then profits from it. Aka selling weapons. There are a lot of routes that could have been made to the space stage that would have made more viable roads to go.
Master Raytracer Spore-addict = KarmaCowboy

See you out there, feel free to comment my creatures.

Offline Fobok

• Fishing Derby Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 02:43:17 am »
I think my highest was 1.2 million, but I've never seen a mission like that again since. That was for terraforming a planet to T3. Funny, but it was one of my planets, one I'd already terraformed to T2 for my colony.

Offline SporeForSure

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 05:45:15 am »
I think my highest was 1.2 million, but I've never seen a mission like that again since. That was for terraforming a planet to T3. Funny, but it was one of my planets, one I'd already terraformed to T2 for my colony.

I know there are 1.2 million missions, its my current and i am looking at it right now. Also T3 terraform mission that a potential ally asked me to to to "proove" myself.
”It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring” (Dr. Carl Sagan)

Offline Sub

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • End is tough.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 06:41:01 am »
Someone posted saying the Grox pay well if you can get a chance to do a mission for them.  Not sure if it's true or not.

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
  • Underwater Civs For President!
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 07:19:05 am »
I didn't think you could. In the bit of the manual that has to do with how you raise or lower your popularity with an empire, it says specifically "Beware the Grox. They don't understand relationships".
Of course they could still offer missions in theory, would just seem odd.