Author Topic: The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy  (Read 26705 times)

Offline Varsity

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
« on: March 23, 2005, 11:56:58 pm »
Coming in April 2005, the movie version of one of the funniest books I have read.  The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy hopefully lives up to my memories (I have the triliogy... Which has 5 books in it... >.>)

Can't wait until April 29th!

Official movie site:

http://hitchhikers.movies.go.com/

XYZZY!

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
  • Returned from the grave, now with more immunities!
    • View Profile
Re: The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 12:20:44 am »
Did you know they've already made a movie of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galax? It's a crappy made for TV one. They also had a TV series.
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline Eagle13

• Brain Games Mastermind
  • Reality is an artificial construct
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2005, 12:45:28 am »
Looks like an interesting movie, but If I remember correctly from the book, dosent Zaphod has two heads?
We create reality, reality does not create us. Thus is the question, if we stop beleving in reality, then what are our limitations on pursuing our dreams?

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2005, 01:39:45 am »
Umm, yeah he does have two-heads, and three arms...honestly though I think this is an improvement. The two heads thing, and the third arm never REALLY come into play in the book, other than making him alien. I don't think Ford Prefect is black either, can't quite remember. Marvin looks very strange, a little too cheery looking, like a toy. I figurd he'd be kinda tall and stainless steel. Looks pretty sweet though.
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline Agent Zero

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • Previously known as Agent Z
    • View Profile
    • Adventures of a Teenage Game Master
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2005, 08:25:38 am »
I'd like to apologise beforehand for the following joke. Sorry.

Well, as a big fan of the books I'd just like to say this - If you have any worries about the movie not living up to the books . . .

DONT PANIC!

I'm so so sorry. But it had to be done. And properly on topic: Yeah, this looks awesome. Finally a good movie of the best book ever written ever.
Quote from: Scipion
replayability ends where your imagination does...or when your computer stops working

Offline Varsity

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2005, 09:28:02 am »
Haha, nice one Agent Zero. 

Actually I think in the larger trailers you see Zaphod switch heads, kinda like when you used to play with the little toy robots called transformers, it would fit inside their chest and then you could easily flip it out.  It looks strange on a real person...

Well, I never really recall the book saying that Ford Prefect wasn't black...

;)
XYZZY!

Offline Ferret

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • PHP Princess
    • View Profile
    • Ferretgames.com
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2005, 12:41:31 pm »
Ford Prefect isn't black or American
Zaphod is missing some much needed appendages.
Marvin looks like he was built by Sony.

I will refuse to watch this film, or at least refuse to pay money to see it.

Offline Agent Zero

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • Previously known as Agent Z
    • View Profile
    • Adventures of a Teenage Game Master
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2005, 02:24:38 pm »
Ford Prefect isn't black or American
Zaphod is missing some much needed appendages.
Marvin looks like he was built by Sony.

I will refuse to watch this film, or at least refuse to pay money to see it.

Ford Prefect = It doesnt matter what he looks like or what his accent is. HE COMES FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF THE GALAXY
Zaphod = He looks less stupid than in the TV series. This was the best way.
Marvin = Marvin was always meant to look futuristic and fun. That was kinda the whole point.
Quote from: Scipion
replayability ends where your imagination does...or when your computer stops working

Offline Syncmasterk

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2005, 03:24:15 pm »
I really enjoyed the book so i am pumped for the film
I got my name from a computer monitor

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2005, 06:29:06 pm »
Yep, I'm so looking forward to it....and are you saying Zaphod switches heads like those old Power Ranger toys?

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2005, 06:46:42 pm »
I just watched the trailers, looks pretty sweet. Oh, Zaphod does have the third arm. It's like in his coat or something. I saw a lot of scenes I don't remember reading though, like more than there should be.  I have the book sitting right here too, so it's not a rusty memory. Isn't the Heart of Gold reffered to as
...a huge starship, one hundred and fifty meters long, shaped like a sleek running shoe, perfectly white and ming boggllingly beautiful.

Offline ZeldaGamerMonthly

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2005, 08:39:15 am »
That bugged me for a bit, too. But, hey, if anyone is pissed about what the late Adams wrote for a script, then they can't possibly be true Douglas fans. Every fan should know there are discrepancies between every incarnation of the series. Hell, compare the events in the text game, the radio show, the T.V. show and the book and TRY to tell me that everything runs together perfectly.

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2005, 05:03:16 pm »
Heh, that's true, they all vary a lot. It's also true that he wrote the script for this movie for Disney before he died.

Offline lemurbouy

• Defender Devotee
  • oh my...
    • View Profile
    • Leeman's Livejournal!
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2005, 09:42:14 am »
I've loved this series since I read all of the Restaurant at the End of the Universe in one sitting...at camp...and we went on a hike.  I am also really looking forward to this movie.  Martin Freeman is an amazing actor.  If anyone has seen the Office, they'll know just how depressingly crushed and injured he can be but still retain all of his charm.  Sam Rockwell is eight kinds of crazy so I'm certainly not worried and Mos Def intrigues me.  Now, for my horrendously selfish name-dropping.  I went to school in England for a year and one of the teachers there was Mark Wing-Davey.  Or as some might know him: Zaphod Beeblebrox.  He was the voice actor for the original radio show and he was in the mini-series.  Very cool guy.  Very large.  Totally gave me an autograph with his and Beeblebrox's signature.  Anyway, I'm done with that now.  Marvin makes me happy although I will miss his old voice. -leeman

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2005, 12:01:30 pm »
I'm ashamed to say I haven't read these books and I've heard alot of talk about them lately... so  guess I'll have to check them out and see what I'm missing.