Author Topic: Being Peaceful in Space Phase  (Read 4604 times)

Offline zakharov

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • Punching fish in a barrel. Wait, we have guns now?
    • View Profile
Being Peaceful in Space Phase
« on: September 08, 2008, 06:10:53 pm »
Just a quick question, in Space phase, if you have an empire that's aggressive with you, what are the ways you can get them to not be so angry with you?

I know you can give them money, but are there other ways? I don't think I've properly figured out what some of the tools do, like the Happy Ray and Crop Circles.

Any advice?

Offline Fobok

• Fishing Derby Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Being Peaceful in Space Phase
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 06:18:09 pm »
If they're still happy enough to offer, do missions for them. Some races offer a lot of attack missions, which you'll want to decline, but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with how aggressive they are. My first ally was a highly warlike race, who just happened to offer a lot of 'find this' or 'terraform that' missions. Missions are a major boost to your relationships.

Offline Rusted

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 06:32:46 pm »
Just a quick question, in Space phase, if you have an empire that's aggressive with you, what are the ways you can get them to not be so angry with you?

I know you can give them money, but are there other ways? I don't think I've properly figured out what some of the tools do, like the Happy Ray and Crop Circles.

Any advice?

Missions, missions, missions.  I avoid hostile ones against other races though.
Terraforming. 
Turning dirt, forming.
Turning dirt; forming.
Terraforming.

Rusted -Sporepedia Name and Link
PM if you add me, I'll return the favor.

Offline zakharov

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • Punching fish in a barrel. Wait, we have guns now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 06:49:46 pm »
But what if you can't do missions for them because they hate you? That's my question. I've been doing missions so much, I feel like Picard!

Offline Granite T. Rock

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Granite's Homepage
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 09:22:41 pm »
Ask your allies to fight your wars for you?
My Spore Profile  ****  My Spore Videos
Wii Friend Code: 7772 0178 1092 3363  Mario Kart Code: 2363-6666-4480 (PM me when you add me)

Offline Evildude

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 09:41:43 pm »
- Don't ally with anyone. You won't be dragged into their wars. There is little benefit in allying with someone anyway. All you get is an extra ship in your fleet that follows you around and they die pretty fast.

- Before you go to a new system, check to see if there is any SETI contact. If there is and its a new race, stop by and introduce yourself and do 2 or 3 missions and a bit of spice trading if you can.

- Concentrate on getting badges that will unlock weapons and renewable terraforming tools.

- Set up colonies around as many good systems(Either for spice or strategic reasons) in your area as you can afford to. This will give you a good cash inflow once you get them mining spice.

- Shop around for the highest and lowest bidders. Stuff from your systems is expensive for you to buy, but your neighbor might be selling that colony pack for $75,000 (50% off). It will make our space wallet happy and your rep will go up with races you do business with.

- Don't go zipping off as fast as you can, make sure you maintain good relations with the empires near your homestar until you can buy them out or conquer them.
I need a sig because the lack of one annoys me.
Life, the Universe, and Everything
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Evildude

Offline immortius

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 10:34:09 pm »
In Russian Spore, universe plays you?

Offline CosmicD

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 09:16:10 am »
I don't buy any system yet, just because I think it's more prudent to have a fully upgraded ufo first. The cyan colored empire is a pain in the .... because it actually took my colony and it will pay for that dearly, I'll extinct their planets when i have enough money and power, and they are always attacking me wherever i go.

I'm doing the nomadic routine, going from planet to planet from mission to mission untill i have enough power to waste those that have the arrogance of always attacking me :P , and  after that I'd just resume being nomadic.

Offline MTCason

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 09:18:15 am »
But what if you can't do missions for them because they hate you? That's my question. I've been doing missions so much, I feel like Picard!

You can use the Happy Ray on them.  The most advanced version of this can even turn the Grox friendly provided you've got the energy to keep it firing for a few minutes.

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
  • Underwater Civs For President!
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 09:29:04 am »
Batteries FTW.

Offline SporeForSure

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 09:31:59 am »

You can use the Happy Ray on them.  The most advanced version of this can even turn the Grox friendly provided you've got the energy to keep it firing for a few minutes.

Does this effect the whole Grox or just that system? Does it stay?
”It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring” (Dr. Carl Sagan)

Offline Tr0n

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 09:51:10 am »
So far, I've found these methods:

+ introduce yourself (anytime)
+ trade with them (if they're above zero relationship)
+ defend their planet (if you're allied)
+ defend their ecosystem (if you're allied)
+ kill their enemies (if you're allied)
++ do missions for them (anytime but serious war)
++ trade routes (when they're friendly with you)
++ generous system buyout prices (assumes friendly status as a prereq for establishing the route)
++ ally with them (if they're happy with you)
++ be a specific type of player (religious/economic, automatic)
+++ gift them mucho dollars (anytime unless you're actively bombing them)

Remember that theroetically, most of these will allow you to repeat a task and gain up to 100 relstionship on that specific subject.  This can forge alliances that will even let you attack a few of their cities and get away with it.
Hey love crusader, I want to be your space invader
For you I will descend the deepest moon crater
I is more stronger than Darth Vapour
Obey me, I is your new dictator

Offline nurizeko

• Battlezone Captain
  • Ske-RWOAWR! >:3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 10:14:16 am »
The only problem is you might not feel like sucking up to a jerk face hostile empire.

My understanding (and hence how I want my galaxy to be) is that in any grand community of space faring civilizations, angry grumpy outright hostile jerk species would probably be targeted for eradication or at least suppression and management by any galactic council for being an unacceptable threat to the peace.

:D

Offline pathegnome

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 11:02:05 am »
its very frustrating to have a whole universe waiting for you to explore it but are stuck on your planet constanty defending it.  Also is there a way to have solar systems that contain a quest goal in them to be highlighted or something.  Im stuck in a constant loop of looking at the galaxy for 10 minutes looking for the star that has my quest objective on it, then having to defend my planet, then starting over looking at the stars again, then having to go back to my planet, and never getting anywhere.  Cant i put any defenses on my planet? why arent my civilization stage air vehicles helping?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 11:03:41 am by pathegnome »

Offline Lippy

• Galaga General
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008, 11:17:42 am »
Also is there a way to have solar systems that contain a quest goal in them to be highlighted or something. 
The quest planet usually either has a line to it from the questgiver, or a circle around a central planet which gives you an idea of where the quest planet is. (usually only a few planets to look through.)  I usually turn the yellow "show missions" button at the bottom left on and off so I can see where I need to go easier.

Cant i put any defenses on my planet?

There's an Uber Turret in the game you can buy for $750,000 a pop once you open them up.  They help with defending a planet by flying around shooting enemies.  I've only put one on a planet and it helps, but I think 2 or three should help defend the planet without me even coming back.  (Can anyone else confirm this?)

why arent my civilization stage air vehicles helping?

They're too weak to help against the power of the UFO.