Author Topic: Spore Tips and Tricks  (Read 99960 times)

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
Re: Spore Tips and Tricks
« Reply #90 on: September 17, 2008, 04:27:35 am »
Creature Stage

I am not sure how to write this all as is first part is just common knowable (I hope.)

Always be a pack. And if needed get a pack that complements you. Is general better to bee good at one thing when you socialize and just brute force you way though though moments.

Now for the real tip.

The Push move. Some creatures are just to hard to socialize. But they all have one thing in common. They work in packs. Split the pack up by using the push move. You try to socialize with a creature and if he call for help then start pushing it back. Repeat this move until the creature is alone. Then Socializing it should be much easier.

Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 17, 2008, 08:33:27 am »
ARGHA BLARGH!

Now that I have people's attention. I made a mistake in my post that suggested food theft. It's not a SOCIAL stance, but an AGGRESSIVE stance. Social Stance is "Give Gift".
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline spiritofcat

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Ta-da!
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 17, 2008, 09:19:42 am »
- The mission "circle" on the galactic map shows only the radius the mission is in, not always centered on the location. -Rusted
Sometimes there are two concentric circles. The mission will be in the space between them.

Land Vehicle Editor:
You can change the direction that wheels run by rotating the piece you'll attach them to, attaching the wheels and then rotating it back.
Here's a video I made to better explain it.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX3Ifw8ANSY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX3Ifw8ANSY</a>

Offline Parkaboy

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 17, 2008, 11:28:07 am »
Land Vehicle Editor:
You can change the direction that wheels run by rotating the piece you'll attach them to, attaching the wheels and then rotating it back.

Hey, that's a great method. I had managed to make one-wheel vehicles that rolled right, but it took a lot of tweaking to get the wheels right. This is much easier, thanks!

Offline greyarea

• Mystery House Madman
  • Chobox isn't happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2008, 01:41:42 pm »
I'm too lazy to check but the building and vehicle editors get different textures right?

If you use 'paint like' to paint a vehicle like a building you can get 'building only' textures on your vehicle (and vice-versa).  Use the dropper to move the textures to the part you want instead of the part it decides to put them on.
A gamingsteve sporecast :)  (not comprehensive at all!)
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=ssc-500012824849

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2008, 09:26:38 pm »
Creature Stage

I am not sure how to write this all as is first part is just common knowable (I hope.)

Always be a pack. And if needed get a pack that complements you. Is general better to bee good at one thing when you socialize and just brute force you way though though moments.

Now for the real tip.

The Push move. Some creatures are just to hard to socialize. But they all have one thing in common. They work in packs. Split the pack up by using the push move. You try to socialize with a creature and if he call for help then start pushing it back. Repeat this move until the creature is alone. Then Socializing it should be much easier.

If you're a predator, using the raging roar ability to split them up also works. Its more uncontrolled than pushing, but it does work as you can use the social thing on the creatures while they are still scared from the raging roar ability.

Offline immortius

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 18, 2008, 03:13:50 am »
You can draw them using stealth as well, by getting an individual to investigate you.

Offline spiritofcat

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Ta-da!
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 18, 2008, 04:34:36 am »
There is a fairly easy way to get the sporepedia info on a creature in creature stage without having to go to Spyglass mode through the menu.
If you click once on a creature, it becomes targeted.
When a creature is targeted, the mission for the species will apear in the top left corner (Kill X number of them to make them extinct, or Impress X number of them to befriend them).
If you click the top bar of the mission it will open to give more details including the Angry to Happy Face meter and a picture of the creature.
If you double click the picture of the creature, its entry in sporepedia pops right up.

So in short, double click the picture of the creature in the mission box to open its sporepedia entry.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 18, 2008, 10:22:46 am »
- There are some building textures that don't appear in the vehicle texture palette, but they can still get them on your vehicle by using the "Paint Like" feature and then copy them around with the eyedrop. -immortius

Has anybody gotten this to work right with the starship editor? I've tried to use paint like on buildings for the starship, but it doesn't paint the ones that I want on there, so I can't copy it.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 18, 2008, 11:05:20 am »
Space Phase

If you want to play without the interference of other empires just ignore the make contact mission you get early at the start. It seems that empires simply ignores you if you ignore them.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline spiritofcat

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Ta-da!
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 19, 2008, 02:23:03 am »
If you play Spore in a window instead of full screen you can select widescreen resolutions for that cinematic feel even if you don't have a widescreen monitor.

Offline Pinstar

• Ultima Lord
  • Your friendly neighborhood Teralyte
    • View Profile
    • The Legacy Challenge
« Reply #101 on: September 19, 2008, 02:30:46 pm »
Okay. I feel really silly for not knowing this. This is like a "you can turn you sentry" type tip, but just in case anyone else didn't realize it.

You can befriend and add creatures of your OWN RACE to your pack. Good filling out your pack for both friendly and agressive creatures. and you know exactly how good your allies are.
Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Visit my spore page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Pinstar
Ratings and comments on all my creatures are always welcome!

Visit my Minicity
http://pinstar.myminicity.com

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 19, 2008, 04:46:05 pm »
  - If you don't have megabombs, or don't have the budget, but you have picked up some fancy land modelling tools like Crystal Seas or Terra Seas, use it on your enemies. It is an instakill. -Yannick

I've tried using Terra seas, it doesn't work, all it does is make the colony a coastal city, this may be something new with the patch.

Offline Zoston

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 19, 2008, 05:11:13 pm »
  - If you don't have megabombs, or don't have the budget, but you have picked up some fancy land modelling tools like Crystal Seas or Terra Seas, use it on your enemies. It is an instakill. -Yannick

I've tried using Terra seas, it doesn't work, all it does is make the colony a coastal city, this may be something new with the patch.
Isn't that a good tip for making coastal cities for your own colonies?
<---------- tried but hasn't succeeded in making colonies be coastal.
Can somebody say if this works? (my copy is suffering from patch problems so I won't be able to test it till it's fixed)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 05:13:01 pm by Zoston »

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 19, 2008, 05:13:35 pm »
I checked again, and it doesn't do anything other than piss them off. It might have been the lower terrain or level terrain tool that was making me see that.