Author Topic: Spore Tips and Tricks  (Read 108880 times)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: Spore Tips and Tricks
« Reply #105 on: September 19, 2008, 07:50:04 pm »
Here's a trick I learned. You can use the Supersizer on any non-sentient creature, even if it's already dead or turned into an epic.

So yeah, you can just let the creature in your cargo bay fall to it's death then use the Supersizer on it to make an epic then use another Supersizer on that epic and so on.

I used it on my homeworld once. Pretty awesome! :D

30+ epics on a single planet FTW! 8)

Now I wonder how the Grox would deal with a hundred of those in one of their colonies. ;D

Offline spiritofcat

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Ta-da!
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 19, 2008, 07:54:55 pm »
I've never used the supersizer.
Does it enlarge the actual creature you hit, or does it generate an epic in your cargo hold?

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #107 on: September 19, 2008, 08:44:35 pm »
It generates an epic separate from the one you targeted.

Unfortunately, we can't beam them up or store them in the cargo hold. :(

That could have been so awesome. :'(

Offline spiritofcat

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Ta-da!
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2008, 08:49:04 pm »

So it spawns an epic next to the creature you target?

You can't beam them up, but you can just throw a regular creature from your cargo hold onto a planet and then hit it with the supersizer can't you?

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 19, 2008, 09:11:14 pm »

So it spawns an epic next to the creature you target?

You can't beam them up, but you can just throw a regular creature from your cargo hold onto a planet and then hit it with the supersizer can't you?

well yea, if you can put it in your cargo hold, you can toss it back out. I haven't gone far enough to get the supersizer, but the fact that it doesn't matter whether its dead makes it even cooler :)

Offline spiritofcat

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Ta-da!
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 19, 2008, 10:09:10 pm »
When searching sporepedia:
If you search for more than one word, the results will be everything that contains any of the words you searched for.
Generally that's not very useful.

There are some modifiers that can be applied to get the results you want:

Using quotes will search for an exact phrase.
Example: "Doctor Who" matches anything with the phrase Doctor Who, but not things that have only Doctor or Who, or phrases such as who is the doctor?

Using + before a word means it must be included, and using a - before it means it must not be there.
Example: +big +red +car -wiggles will find anything with all the words big, red and car, but only if it doesn't also contain the word wiggles.
(Credit to Rubric)

Using the prefix tags: will match the word after it only if it is in the tags section of a creation.
Example: tags:gamingsteve will find all creations with gamingsteve as a tag.
(Credit to immortius)

Note: The search is not case sensitive.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 10:10:45 pm by spiritofcat »

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 20, 2008, 07:29:53 pm »
Should add that the rule that no other nation aperce before you have captured you first spice mine is not true on hard. On hard other nations will spawn a anyway shortly after. Good idea is to expand quickly. (Grab Mines and tribes)
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline FR27

• Brain Games Mastermind
  • Ooo...shiny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2008, 09:33:45 am »
I just figured out an easy way to get parts in creature. Because you get parts from socializing or killing any alpha type creature you can use this to your advantage. Around your starting nest there are several easily socialized or killed species. Go around to each nest and social the alpha, making sure that you travel far enough for the previously visited nests to fall off the minimap (this 'resets' the alpha allowing you to social them again). Do this twice for each nest and on the third visit attack and kill the alpha. Now the quest count for socializing the nest will be reset and you can social them again without them becoming your allies and losing the abiliy to get parts from them. Rinse and repeat.  :P
Long time lurker.
My Spore Page:
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Acalanai

Offline Telluric

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2008, 09:39:00 am »
Go around to each nest and social the alpha, making sure that you travel far enough for the previously visited nests to fall off the minimap (this 'resets' the alpha allowing you to social them again). Do this twice for each nest and on the third visit attack and kill the alpha.

Fan-freaking-tastic!  Thanks!
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." - George Carlin

Offline Lippy

• Galaga General
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 22, 2008, 10:10:00 am »
Isn't that a good tip for making coastal cities for your own colonies?
<---------- tried but hasn't succeeded in making colonies be coastal.
Can somebody say if this works? (my copy is suffering from patch problems so I won't be able to test it till it's fixed)
I was able to make a coastal colony using those sculpting tools before the patch.  I haven't tried it since though.  I'll try when I get home.  I'm updating the list now too, including the fact that not taking any spice gysers no longer keeps the enemy civs from spawning in v1.01

Offline Jomander

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 22, 2008, 12:02:41 pm »
Space phase:

Artifacts are not unique. If you go on a long enough artifact hunting trip, you can end up with several copies of the same artifact.

Offline FR27

• Brain Games Mastermind
  • Ooo...shiny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 22, 2008, 12:15:52 pm »
Space phase:

Artifacts are not unique. If you go on a long enough artifact hunting trip, you can end up with several copies of the same artifact.

Very nice, I've been trying to collect the sets and wasn't sure if I would be able to since I've sold some at the start.  :)
Long time lurker.
My Spore Page:
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Acalanai

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 22, 2008, 12:28:58 pm »
I just figured out an easy way to get parts in creature. Because you get parts from socializing or killing any alpha type creature you can use this to your advantage. Around your starting nest there are several easily socialized or killed species. Go around to each nest and social the alpha, making sure that you travel far enough for the previously visited nests to fall off the minimap (this 'resets' the alpha allowing you to social them again). Do this twice for each nest and on the third visit attack and kill the alpha. Now the quest count for socializing the nest will be reset and you can social them again without them becoming your allies and losing the abiliy to get parts from them. Rinse and repeat.  :P

yea, I always try to target the alphas when I can because of the part that you get, even though the alpha is always the strongest of the group.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 24, 2008, 07:10:40 am »
Sorry for the double post as I'm giving this a minor bump.

Another tip would be that if you want to make your creatures as detailed and more origional like the CC creatures were, you can use the addDNA cheat to add as many parts as you want, barring maxing out the complexity meter.