Author Topic: The Official "I ran into So-and-So's creature/building/vehicle/UFO" Thread  (Read 4371 times)

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
So who have you ran into without expecting it? I mean I subscribed to people like Hydro and Ahavo... so I see alot of there stuff alot (sorry Hydro, my brother went off and killed like a ton of your creatures in his game).

I'll have to take some shots of some of the creatures I ran into. I ran into someone's creature as an Epic but now I don't remember it.. lol.

"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline AhavoRaboTaco

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
Re: The Official "I ran into So-and-So's creature/building/vehicle/UFO" Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 07:14:23 pm »
Could you post a screenie of any of my stuff you have encountered OPDay?
I dont get to play until tomorrow and it would be awesome to see something of mine in the wild!

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 07:16:40 pm »
Will do.. I've seen a lot of your stuff around. you and Hydro populate most of my game.. lol. I can't wait to get either of your vehicles/buildings/UFOs to show up.
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Null

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 07:22:24 pm »
Since I won’t have access to a computer that can play spore (or the CC) for months, I would really like to see any of my creatures in-game to hold me over. I think I will go nuts otherwise. Well, actually I already went nuts since I could not play the cc on my laptop so no help there. But, still!

Offline BlueSabor

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 08:29:34 pm »
@AhavoRaboTaco, Here ya go ;)

Offline Ondaderthad

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
    • Area32 - Westgate Builders
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 08:43:19 pm »
So who have you ran into without expecting it? I mean I subscribed to people like Hydro and Ahavo... so I see alot of there stuff alot (sorry Hydro, my brother went off and killed like a ton of your creatures in his game).

I'll have to take some shots of some of the creatures I ran into. I ran into someone's creature as an Epic but now I don't remember it.. lol.

I have seen heaps of other people creatures.. hydro, parkaboy, LadyM, etc...  The problem is to keep track of them. Most have weird names.
I remember hydro's Moa (I had one as a pet in tribe) and Darcie's Hawkins as a pet as well.
The Hawkin was funny as a pet human for an alien creature.

What I would like to know is the other way around. Did YOU notice me doing something to one of your creatures?
Did you get a message when I kill some of your loved ones?

Offline Fobok

• Fishing Derby Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 10:06:44 pm »
I've run into a ton of familiar names in my playthrough. Unfortunately, I wasn't really keeping track. I'll have to see if I took any good screenshots. I know I've run into a bunch of Hydro's stuff, and some of SpaceOddity's and Ondaderthad's.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 11:24:53 pm »
Who has run into my stoof then?
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 11:38:44 pm »
Here's one of Hydro's creatures as an Epic:

I still have to go scouring. For some reason I'm getting a lot of my own content thrown back at me right now.

Offline KorDe

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 11:56:45 pm »
I'd love to hear if anyone's seen any of mine :)

I still haven't seen many GS creatures, but I'll have to start subscribing to them.

Offline Myshuno

• Zork Emperor
  • WAHOOOO!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2008, 11:59:18 pm »
there should be a thread that has everyones sporepedia name, and we shall stickie that thread...just recomending it.
Right on

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 12:00:48 am »
there should be a thread that has everyones sporepedia name, and we shall stickie that thread...just recomending it.

We had a series of them back when the CC was released.. but it kind of got lost in the mess. We USED to have it.. now we have the Sporepedia Encyclopedia section.

Offline Ondaderthad

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
    • Area32 - Westgate Builders
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008, 12:29:24 am »
I found this Hawkins and made it a pet. I think it's Darcie's:

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
  • Underwater Civs For President!
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 01:57:52 am »
Well I don't have any shots of it all here, but the very first creature I tried to relocate to a different planet was one of econundrums (can't remember which one though)... unfortunately I neglected to provide an atmosphere for the planet so it was a brief experience for the poor bugger, but such is life ^^

The first race I allied with (and they're still my faithful ally to this day) is using Hydro's spherical naucean space ship, so I've had that on my screen pretty much every minute of my many hours in space :)

The races I've annihilated so far are only Maxis ones, I've allied with the player races. I'm playing my Quizblorg race (which I have NO idea why it isn't showing up in my web-sporepedia profile :s) which I created in my first game and I'm still using him now.
Incidently, is there any way to block all of Maxis' content? It feels like such a waste that 50% of the creatures and buildings I meet are Maxis created when I've got a huge buddy list with awesome creators on.

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
  • Underwater Civs For President!
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2008, 02:01:00 am »

http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=12662.0