Author Topic: Galactic Edition  (Read 8728 times)

Offline Myshuno

• Zork Emperor
  • WAHOOOO!!!!
    • View Profile
Galactic Edition
« on: September 06, 2008, 08:21:50 pm »
So i was thinking about getting the galactic edition so i called the gamestop near me and they said i had to order it before hand. so im F'ed in the A there. Does anyone else know where i could get me a copy?

Also what does it have in it? i know it has dvds and a handbook but what do they have in them?

Right on

Offline LoneStarSage

• Video Pinball Wizard
  • A true modern hero
    • View Profile
    • The Spore Group
Re: Galactic Edition
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 08:24:12 pm »
Yeah, Gamestop sucks when it comes to PC games.  I went by there too and they said the same thing.   

Check Best Buy and Circuit City.  I know that both here locally said they had lots of copies of the regular and and less of the Galactic in stock for tomorrow.

Offline LoneStarSage

• Video Pinball Wizard
  • A true modern hero
    • View Profile
    • The Spore Group
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 08:25:13 pm »
It has a cute poster also and the Art of Spore hardback book is really nice with a little intro to each stage and LOTS of glossy pics.

Offline Myshuno

• Zork Emperor
  • WAHOOOO!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 08:53:33 pm »
YAY! (with a passion)

i hope that the best buy near me has some.

and YAY! (with passion, but not as much as before)

For the 27, 8/10, color glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one is
Right on

Offline Fobok

• Fishing Derby Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 09:03:12 pm »
I was actually surprised, but this weekend's Walmart flyer had the Galactic Edition listed, you might want to check there too.

Offline Sub

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • End is tough.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 09:09:54 pm »
It's too much money.  If it was reasonably priced, I'd have gotten it.

Offline LoneStarSage

• Video Pinball Wizard
  • A true modern hero
    • View Profile
    • The Spore Group
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 09:44:25 pm »
I am not checking the forum much now but I wanted to head off any rumors of China-Mart...uhm...Walmart having the Galactic edition.  I stopped at six or more today (yes I have been busy) and all only had the regular edition. 

Actually, I have never seen a Walmart here locally carry a collector's edition pc game.

Maybe the flyer was for ordering online.  I do think they offer both there.

But maybe walmarts elsewhere are better about it.

Oh, to those who are going to try to get a Galactic Edition from Best Buy or Circuit City be sure to be there as one of the first people when they open in the morning (think it is 10am here) because our local Best Buy had 183 copies of the regular edition but only 24 GE and the Circuit City only had four out of the GE so I am guessing that is all they had.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 09:50:52 pm by LoneStarSage »

Offline Myshuno

• Zork Emperor
  • WAHOOOO!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 10:06:50 pm »
It's too much money.  If it was reasonably priced, I'd have gotten it.

normally i'd agree with you, but spore is different. its the only game ive ever waited over a year for (hardcore fan since gdc 05) so im like über pumped.
Right on

Offline Sub

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • End is tough.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 12:39:19 am »
Well, normal special editions are 10 dollars more than the actual game.  The GE is 30 dollars more, EA is ripping you off.

Offline LoneStarSage

• Video Pinball Wizard
  • A true modern hero
    • View Profile
    • The Spore Group
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 12:51:12 am »
EA is just a distributor.  You can tell that MAXIS put a lot into the Galactic Edition.  I am VERY happy with my purchase.   Even the case is heavy duty and very intricate.

Don't go around telling people they are being ripped off when you don't even have the GE to compare and make an educated statement about.

Offline mike20022

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • My Spore page http://www.spore.com/view/profile/mike99a
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2008, 01:24:07 am »
EA is just a distributor.  You can tell that MAXIS put a lot into the Galactic Edition.  I am VERY happy with my purchase.   Even the case is heavy duty and very intricate.

Don't go around telling people they are being ripped off when you don't even have the GE to compare and make an educated statement about.

Agree! The Galactic Edition is very well put together thank you Maxis very pleased with mine  ;)

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2008, 05:40:40 am »
My GE costed only 5 euros more then the actual spore game.

Spore The Game: 55€
Spore: Galactic Edition: 60€

So I went for GE :D

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline WeAreLegion

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
    • Noigel's Art
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2008, 05:44:58 am »
Concidering the book would set you back $20 in most bookshops and the rest is typical 'Special Eddition' fodder...it is no rip off.

Besides + $30 is the new trend now.  Look at Fable 2 and Fallout 3!!

Good news: The loot gets better.  Mini Hobbes and in-game content for Fable, Lunchbox, Pip-Boy Bobble head and Pip-Boy 2000 Alarm Clock FTW!!!111

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2008, 05:47:08 am »
Yeah, Gamestop sucks when it comes to PC games.  I went by there too and they said the same thing.   

Check Best Buy and Circuit City.  I know that both here locally said they had lots of copies of the regular and and less of the Galactic in stock for tomorrow.

Gamestop sold me Spore before release :D
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Myshuno

• Zork Emperor
  • WAHOOOO!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2008, 06:20:53 am »

Gamestop sold me Spore before release :D

gamestop sold my manager maden 09 at 11:00 o'clock. hes friends with the owner of that gamestop. it was funny because he just like cut everyone while there were standing outside waitign for the midnight release
Right on