Author Topic: Spore accounts  (Read 5177 times)

Offline HeatherFeather

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
Re: Spore accounts
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2008, 07:31:45 pm »
You pretty much got it HeatherFeather....  It's too bad there wasn't an option to have different achievements etc. for different windows log-ins at a minimum.
I totally agree, seeing as you can manually upload creatures to another account (I think...), I think the only other big problem is the achievements.

My brother E-mailed me an article from ZDnet about the DRM on Spore.  A guess Spore is getting slaughtered in Amazon.com review by people who either are made about DRM...

http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=2558

Maybe this kind of negativity will be enough to remove the DRM!  ;D Assuming that it's happening a lot on other sites as well ^^

Oh, and in all its ridiculousness, I just wanted to say that it turns out we ordered one too many copies of Spore, and instead of returning it...I'm going to use it on my mother's lap top to have my own account XD So basically I bought two copies of Spore just to have one for myself. That's kinda sad that I'd have to do that :-\

Offline Bona Fide Supraman

• Star Raider
  • Not Super, Supra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 09:15:21 am »
Ok I really need help.

I had an account for the CC, all was well and fun.

My brother (also very into spore) asked for it for his birthday. It was on September 8th, so I thought, hey, why not?

He made his account, and played. It was still all good. However, when I just tried to play now, it wouldn't accept my account, as his is the one registered with that copy of spore.

Will I be able to use my account with this game?

Because if not I may just have to kill a few people....
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2008, 11:00:37 am »
Sorry, but I do not believe that there is anything you can do. Spore's DRM only allows it to be tied to one account as far as I've heard.

Offline HeatherFeather

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2008, 03:24:51 pm »
Ok I really need help.

I had an account for the CC, all was well and fun.

My brother (also very into spore) asked for it for his birthday. It was on September 8th, so I thought, hey, why not?

He made his account, and played. It was still all good. However, when I just tried to play now, it wouldn't accept my account, as his is the one registered with that copy of spore.

Will I be able to use my account with this game?

Because if not I may just have to kill a few people....

I'm pretty sure the only way you can fix that problem is to buy another copy of Spore and register it on another computer, but to do that you need two computers and 50 extra dollars... AND if you want to use a lame computer just to register Spore on it, I don't know if you'll be able to log onto the computer your brother's account is on... I have yet to check that :)

Edit: Ok, it turns out if you activate Spore on a computer with a different copy of Spore, you can use it on any other computer with Spore  ;D Which is very exciting for me because the computer my account is activated on sucks, but the computer my sister uses is decent, and I'd rather have decent than sucky XD
So basically if you have a spare computer and an extra copy of Spore, your problem is solved :P
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 04:08:17 pm by HeatherFeather »