Author Topic: Sporecasts!  (Read 18705 times)

Offline eleazar

• Revenging Yar
    • View Profile
    • my spore creatures
Re: Sporecasts!
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2008, 10:57:50 pm »
i keep adding stuff to my sporecast but the stuff isn't showing up in my sporecast in-game

yes, it doesn't currently work right.

You can work around by adding an item (amy item) to your sporecast via the game.  This will generally force a refresh, though for me it never seems to quite catch up with what i have on the website.

Offline 0d1n3oo3Broad

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • SPORE ON! Walium go!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube-Channel
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2008, 12:59:11 am »
Here are some of my favourites:

Battlemech and Battletech:
From the Mech-Universe.

Fighter:
A collection of historic and modern fighterplanes.

Les ch穰eaux forts:
Some nice forts and castles.

Spaceships:
Nicely done Spaceships.

Spore Wars:
Some Star Wars recreations.

Star Trek:
Just nice done Star Trek ships.

The PC Gamer Sporecast:
A collection of things the PC Gamer crew think are cool.

Steampunk
Nice collection of Steampunk.

GameSpy Community Cast

Gate Keepers
Freaky creatures.

xgenesis Pearly Gates Theme
Things for a more friendly or religious played species.

Quality, Plausible Aliens
A collection of very nice done creatures.

Martham's End Game Sporecast
Nice collection.

Quality, Original UFOs
A collection of well done spaceships.

Scary,realistic,detailed
Scary creatures.

realistic, alien, bizzarre
Bizarre creatures.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 06:47:15 am by 0d1n3oo3Broad »
~~#SPORE#~~ :D ~~#SPORE#~~ :D
~~#SPORE is ON#~~ :D :D
~~#EXCELENT#~~ :D
Visit my Profile: http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Mechanikus

Offline Martham112

• Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2008, 03:38:30 am »
Wow! It's a real honour to have someone else post my Sporecast. Thanks!

Offline LoneStarSage

• Video Pinball Wizard
  • A true modern hero
    • View Profile
    • The Spore Group
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2008, 05:48:47 am »
WOW, some of these Sporecasts have hundreds of things in them already, one had over 800!   I guess I need to get to work as mine only has forty something.   lol

By the way, the list above by Broad (plus lots of characters) does not work for me.  The links just turn up page not found.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 07:00:15 am by LoneStarSage »

Offline 0d1n3oo3Broad

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • SPORE ON! Walium go!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube-Channel
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2008, 06:49:01 am »
Links should work now. I don't now why, but every link besides the last 4 had an extra "http://" and the url itself was in " sorrounded with the beginning one between the 2 http://.

Wow! It's a real honour to have someone else post my Sporecast. Thanks!

Your welcome :D
~~#SPORE#~~ :D ~~#SPORE#~~ :D
~~#SPORE is ON#~~ :D :D
~~#EXCELENT#~~ :D
Visit my Profile: http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Mechanikus

Offline spiritofcat

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Ta-da!
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2008, 06:52:38 am »
WOW, some of these Sporecasts have hundreds of things in them already, one had over 800!   I guess I need to get to work as mine only has thirty something.   lol

By the way, the list above by Broad (plus lots of characters) does not work for me.  The links just turn up page not found.
Yes, a sporecast is only really effective if it has a lot of stuff in it.
It really needs to have enough content to populate an entire game since you can only choose one sporecast or buddy as the theme when starting a game.

Offline LoneStarSage

• Video Pinball Wizard
  • A true modern hero
    • View Profile
    • The Spore Group
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2008, 07:28:23 am »
Yes, a sporecast is only really effective if it has a lot of stuff in it.
It really needs to have enough content to populate an entire game since you can only choose one sporecast or buddy as the theme when starting a game.

How many do you think would be enough?  Is it in the hundreds or thousands?  I was planning over time to try and get my Sporecast around a thousand.  Would that be enough?  I have been pretty picky though.  I plan to use my Sporecast myself also and really want to see very cool creatures only so it is taking me some time.

I did not know that you could only have one buddylist per game.  They really need to make a patch to fix these so we can have multiple Sporecasts and buddylists.

Offline spiritofcat

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Ta-da!
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2008, 07:58:18 am »
If there's not enough stuff in the buddy or sporecast you choose, the game populates the rest with stuff that is on your machine. Stuff that it has downloaded from your buddies and from sporecasts you subscribe to.

Making a sporecast with enough stuff in it for most of the game wouldn't be too difficult. It's only the Space stage that really needs a lot of different stuff.
To work out how much stuff you need, play from Creature through to the end of Civ, and then check your sporepedia and count how many creatures you've met, how many tribal creatures, how many vehicles, how many buildings etc. That will be how much a good sporecast will need.

Offline Rubric

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2008, 08:05:09 am »
To work out how much stuff you need, play from Creature through to the end of Civ, and then check your sporepedia and count how many creatures you've met, how many tribal creatures, how many vehicles, how many buildings etc. That will be how much a good sporecast will need.

Good idea.  I'd like to see data from a bunch of games on this subject.

I have a game currently in Tribe, so I may have the numbers in a day or two.  It's weird, because my current Tribe game has ALL tribes the same species, except mine.  It's the first time I've seen that.  I wonder if the patch is related.  It's also strange because about half of the wild animal nests are MY tribe creature, in its fully evolved state.

Offline eleazar

• Revenging Yar
    • View Profile
    • my spore creatures
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2008, 09:00:19 am »

I updated my list of sporecasts

Actually i'd say a good sporecast needs at least several times the number of things you would normally encounter in one game, because:
1) you might linger in a stage and find more stuff
2) you might want to play with a theme more than once without seeing all the same stuff
3) most importantly, it won't have the numbers to appear frequently enough if the player has a lot of creations.

Offline spiritofcat

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Ta-da!
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2008, 09:01:55 am »

I updated my list of sporecasts

Actually i'd say a good sporecast needs at least several times the number of things you would normally encounter in one game, because:
1) you might linger in a stage and find more stuff
2) you might want to play with a theme more than once without seeing all the same stuff
3) most importantly, it won't have the numbers to appear frequently enough if the player has a lot of creations.
You're right. Maybe I should say a good sporecast will need at least that many.

Offline spiritofcat

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Ta-da!
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2008, 06:19:16 am »
Sorry to double post, but this had sunk to the 4th page and I thought that double posting was probably a lesser sin than starting a new topic when one already exists.

Anyway, I keep hearing people talking about how much easier it is to manage sporecasts through the web-based sporepedia instead of in-game.
I've been having a bit of trouble with the in-game sporecast tools but I'm having even more trouble finding how to add to a sporecast through the web-based sporepedia. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Offline eleazar

• Revenging Yar
    • View Profile
    • my spore creatures
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2008, 06:52:37 am »
Sorry to double post, but this had sunk to the 4th page and I thought that double posting was probably a lesser sin than starting a new topic when one already exists.

Anyway, I keep hearing people talking about how much easier it is to manage sporecasts through the web-based sporepedia instead of in-game.
I've been having a bit of trouble with the in-game sporecast tools but I'm having even more trouble finding how to add to a sporecast through the web-based sporepedia. Anyone care to enlighten me?

What do you mean, create a sporecast?  For that log in and hit the "make sporecast" button.

If you want to subscribe to someone's sporecast you have to find it, open it up, and hit the big "subscribe" button.

Offline spiritofcat

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Ta-da!
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2008, 07:51:53 am »

What do you mean, create a sporecast?  For that log in and hit the "make sporecast" button.

If you want to subscribe to someone's sporecast you have to find it, open it up, and hit the big "subscribe" button.

I've already made the sporecast, I just want to add more stuff to it. In the game I can click on the edit button to search for and add content, but I haven't found an equivalent in the web-based one.

Offline eleazar

• Revenging Yar
    • View Profile
    • my spore creatures
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2008, 08:01:00 am »
...but I haven't found an equivalent in the web-based one.

That's because the web feature is well-designed and user-friendly.  ;)

You simply drag items from the sporepedia to the whichever sporecast tab on the left.