Author Topic: Awesome Screenshots: Lets see them! [NO SPOILERS!]  (Read 166587 times)

Offline Vetro

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Behold Life.....
    • View Profile
Re: Awesome Screenshots: Lets see them! [NO SPOILERS!]
« Reply #630 on: December 13, 2008, 02:59:20 pm »
hello everyone, I'm back after a short time away(well at least from posting). Anyways, Nice image of sandbar world with a colony pack deploying? I usually find them the easiest to sculpt. I've made a few of mine into worlds of pyramid shaped mountains and long, gear shaped valleys all surrounded by a global ocean. If and when you decided to uplife creatures on these worlds you usually get to see more ocean based combat between the AI civs (though they still have a tendancy to air spam).
"The Finest ship in my estimation that has ever been built or ever will be"- Captain Bertram Hayes, RMS Olympic

Offline Kenobro

• Space Harrier
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: December 14, 2008, 11:44:53 am »
hello everyone, I'm back after a short time away(well at least from posting). Anyways, Nice image of sandbar world with a colony pack deploying? I usually find them the easiest to sculpt. I've made a few of mine into worlds of pyramid shaped mountains and long, gear shaped valleys all surrounded by a global ocean. If and when you decided to uplife creatures on these worlds you usually get to see more ocean based combat between the AI civs (though they still have a tendancy to air spam).

Not sure what it is happening in the picture.  Not a colony though, I don't think.

Quote from: Grazony
Thanks Kenobro. :)

Offline RR_Raptor65

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: December 26, 2008, 06:12:47 am »

I call this one "Alien Dawn", a Trillaeophora prepares to leave for a hunt.

"Alien Forest", an early Quinura hides under the shelter of a plant's large leaves.

"Liosuchus Moon", a Liosuchus sleeps as the moon rises high in the sky.

"Living Tank", a Moleida prowls in search of food.

"Quinura Afternoon", a Quinura sentry watches for predators.

"The Hunt", a Trillaeophora searches for prey at the edge of a forest.

"Sunset", two Trillaeophora stand over a recently killed creature as the sun goes down.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 06:16:14 am by RR_Raptor65 »

Offline Kenobro

• Space Harrier
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: December 27, 2008, 02:08:28 pm »

Quote from: Grazony
Thanks Kenobro. :)

Offline Vetro

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Behold Life.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: December 29, 2008, 03:07:06 pm »
Those are some awesome images with some fantastic creatures (both of the above posters). Were they taken on the same planet? It seems that the color of the sky changes from picture to picture ( RR_Raptor65 ).

Also: This thread has started a slow descent into inactivity, which is (as always) a fate that it simply does not deserve. The same goes with the "Things I stupidly didn't know about spore" thread, and even the entire Spore roleplaying and storytelling forum (the entire thing). These threads need to be kept alive, or at least a link needs to be added to one of the stickied threads..
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 04:14:20 pm by Vetro »
"The Finest ship in my estimation that has ever been built or ever will be"- Captain Bertram Hayes, RMS Olympic

Offline IamMe

• Gorf Goon
  • +200 Points!
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: December 30, 2008, 04:07:29 pm »
I think it's because people are playing Spore less and less. Plus it's the Christmas season, and we're all playing our Left 4 Dead and Fallout 3 and Cod:WaW that we got during Christmas instead.

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: December 30, 2008, 04:11:35 pm »
I got those three games myself ;D
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!

Offline Vetro

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Behold Life.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: December 30, 2008, 04:17:35 pm »
You with your... Non broken computers... and your... CONSOLES! ugh..... Ah well. I must wait for mine to be repaired.

Anywho: At least this thread got a bump from these few posts. This should keep it safe for the next few weeks.

Offline RR_Raptor65

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: December 30, 2008, 05:25:05 pm »
Those are some awesome images with some fantastic creatures (both of the above posters). Were they taken on the same planet? It seems that the color of the sky changes from picture to picture ( RR_Raptor65 ).

Glad you like them, you're right too, for the most part the pictures are from different planets, though I intended for the Quinura and Trillaeophora to be part of the same ecosystem.  I'll be sure to get more pictures of other species next time I play, keep this thread alive and hopefully inspire others to do the same.

Offline Vetro

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Behold Life.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: December 31, 2008, 06:22:01 pm »
Yikes! This forum has gone into a state of downright inactivity. The post count for today is abysmal (or maybe it's because it's new years eve).

Anyways: Please do upload more images, they're great so far and really show off the game's graphical prowess as well as some interesting (though virtual) geological features. I remember starting on a planet that had a blue sky and blue ground once. It took me a while but I soon figured out that the various hills and valleys I was walking through actually were hundred of interlocking craters that became obvious when viewed from orbit! It was one of the few homeworld that was worth noting I've played on.

Offline RR_Raptor65

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: January 01, 2009, 08:09:40 am »
Yeah, I had a planet like that the other day, the center of my continent was just a huge mountain range, a maze of canyons full of trees, was very dangerous to be in there.

"Daylight Moon", An Autena walks past a geyser with the moon still visible in the day.

"Clearing", An Autena watches as a herd of Stynodon graze in the background.

"Intelligence", A group of Autenas wait in ambush amongst the planet's many forested canyons.

"Return", An Autena tribe returns from a battle to defend their home, a bitter war over food.

"War", An Autena army moves to attack a neighboring tribe in order to stop their ceaseless attacks once and for all.

Offline Beatnuki

• Scramble Skipper
  • Wilco Hex, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
    • Beatnuki's Chunk of Funk (which seemed like a good idea at the time)
« Reply #641 on: January 01, 2009, 09:06:04 am »
Those are really good creature designs, they really deviate from the Spore norm. :)

I have no recent screenshots but this thread's inspired me to look back over my collection and see which ones seemed interesting or funny to share.

I've forgotten the username, but I subscribed to a Spore player who used the building editor to craft elaborate pixel art. I then played on through the game and completely forgot I'd done so, meaning I was in for a big surprise when I found a planet in its Civ phase, with a huge 2D Baby Mario head erected in the centre of the city like some sort of giant idol. Whether the citizens of this planet worshipped Baby Mario or something, I don't know...

A trio of Lemmings discuss the topical issues of the day, completely oblivious to the fact that their city is being besieged by an immense epic creature as turrets frenziedly shoot at it to try and bring it down.

A Mechavemnix trading vehicle makes a routine journey back to the Capitola Empire, its cargo hold filled with riches to help both nations prosper through economic might.
If you peruse my things, you get POINTS!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Beatnuki

Only trouble is, they're Whose Line Is It Anyway points, which are infamously not worth anything.

Offline Summoner

• BurgerTime Chef
  • I wont stab you... or will i?
    • View Profile
    • Summoners Deviant Art Page
« Reply #642 on: January 01, 2009, 09:18:31 am »
wow...just wow those were funny really funny :0

Offline 0d1n3oo3Broad

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • SPORE ON! Walium go!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube-Channel
« Reply #643 on: January 02, 2009, 04:49:49 am »
Nice, but why is it so hard to convert the pics to jpg before posting it to the forums...why...i don't get it. It takes damn long time to load that bunch of png-pics  >:(
~~#SPORE#~~ :D ~~#SPORE#~~ :D
~~#SPORE is ON#~~ :D :D
~~#EXCELENT#~~ :D
Visit my Profile: http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Mechanikus

Offline Vetro

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Behold Life.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: January 07, 2009, 05:18:14 pm »
Nice pictures, though usually usually when epics attack my cities, the citizens usually start running around in circles and some even (quite stupidly) run up to the epic and start attacking it! Seems this species is somewhat more easy going....