Author Topic: The Second Grand RP - Rise of the Mutants  (Read 12324 times)

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
The Second Grand RP - Rise of the Mutants
« on: September 05, 2008, 11:28:10 am »
Gaia, 2XXX; technology is at an extreme boon, all areas of science are expanding at incredable rates. Registered freelance vigilantes and various villains have used all forms of technology to aid their work, "super powers" are not a rare sight on Gaia. However, space travel is the one withered path of science. For unknown reasons, the Unified Gaia Government (UGG), outlawed space travel, both its research and execution, many decades ago and has been entirely successful in making space travel an entirely lost and forgotten technology. However, less than a year after space travel becoming lost, a rash of extreme and nearly disabaling mutations spread throughout the human race on Gaia. Worse, the mutated people are recently starting to grow violent, fighting against people they call "normies", the unaffected populace. Heroes of this world, stand, for it is your time to really make a difference, drive back the violent hoards of mutated!

In the middle of Capitol City, there was gridlock. A few miles from the intersection of Main and Linton roads, a black limo was silent among the sounds of annoyed drivers. Mayor Donaldson watches a small television.

Here we are at the intersection of Main and Linton, another violent mutant attack has occurred. The police are already on the scene, and they are having a hard time holding back the mutants.

The scene cuts from the reporter to a view of the intersection, ten mutants surrounded by five flaming heaps of what used to be cars surrounded by several intact, but badly dented and bruised police cars and officers.

A spokesperson for the police department has already stated they have sent word out on the Hero Network to get any help they possibly can get to subdue these mutants.

Donaldson turns off the television and picks up the intercom phone to speak to the driver.

"Make a U-turn, now, damn the rules of the road."

"Yes sir!" the driver responds as the limo starts moving, turning into the opposite lane.

"Find another path to the office, today will hopefully be a day we can't miss."

The five mutants at the intersection continued attacking police officers in several ways, being held at bay only by shots being fired at them if they move too close to any side of the perimeter.

Virus Buster.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: The Second Grand RP - Rise of the Mutants
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 01:20:35 pm »
"Greetings and salutations, mutant scum!" cried a loud voice.

Cheers began to rise up from the people scattered about the scene as a tall, dark, and handsome man strode toward the disturbance. His black hair was slicked back and his mustache preened with the precision of a master surgeon. Two rows a bright white teeth gleamed in the man's mouth and the shadow cast by his mighty chin provided shade to everyone nearby. A green collared shirt was all that could keep the man's large chest contained and his tight black jeans were guaranteed to render admirers into quivering pools of jelly. He pointed a massive index finger toward one of the mutants who could be seen through the pile of vehicles.

"I hope you remembered to bring some moisturizer!" he called "Because I'm about to tan your hide!!"

The somewhat ridiculous man parted two of the vehicles and then turned around. He winked at a toothsome woman standing on the sidewalk and smiled as she promptly fainted. After closing the gap in the pile of cars the man turned to the mutant and smiled.

"Well then... shall we dance!?"

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 05:47:27 pm »
The crowd turned it's eyes skyward as the familiar sound of an object moving near the sound barrier bore down on them.  Ohs and ahs began as the vague shape above resolved itself into the Winged Wonder, his plastic wings wrapped tight around him to lower drag.  A few hundred yards above the ground he suddenly unfurled his wings and spread his arms, simultaneously slowing down and releasing a metal sphere he'd been holding.  As he flapped slowly to lower himself onto a low roof the sphere, which had slowed only imperceptibly, slammed with pin point accuracy into the chest of one mutant, knocking him to the ground.

"And that," Will called from the roof, "is why it's called terminal velocity!"
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 06:01:21 pm »
The remaining mutants left standing suddenly felt their guns jerk out of their hands and sail through the air to the feet of a tall, slim gentleman with a neat Van Dyke beard, a dinner jacket and a black silk cape.
"Let This Be A Lesson To You!" he bellowed, melodramatically "Never Bring A Gun... TO A MIND FIGHT!!!"
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 02:30:23 am »
"Have no fear, Captain Fortune is here!" He exclaimed as he arrived from an inconspicuous street to the scene of the crime.

"Excuse me young man, I am going to need to borrow this." He knelt to a young boy and gently took the frisbee from his hands.

He casually aimed it in the vague direction of one of the mutants, and unsurprisingly it hit him straight on. The mutant fell to the ground.

Captain Fortune had the sudden insight to raise his hand in the air. Sure enough, one of the guns Professor Malvolio removed from the mutants sailed right into it. The Captain shot a fire hydrant and the water fired out at high speeds, knocking over two other mutants.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 06:40:20 pm »
The mutants were temporarily caught off guard by the quick appearance of the heroes.

"Get up you foolss~!" the still standing mutant said, his voice hissing.

The first mutant to rise was one with a pair of tentacles under his normal arms, and a beak where his mouth should be. He leaps at Chip, grabbing his arms with his tentacles then striking at his body with his beak and hands. The second mutant to rise opens her mouth and a second partial head sticks out.

"Sorry, boss." she said out her second mouth.

The small head retracts into her mouth and she Malvolio, holding up her arms as she runs. Her elbows appear unusually thin, looking as if they were edges of blades. Swiping her elbows near Malvolio, could hear the swiping of the "blades". The third mutant had several limbs, both arms and legs, and his skin was multicolored, but not appearing like patchwork. Looking up at Will, he narrows his eyes as the lead mutant picks him up and throws him at the building, the multi-limbed mutant sticks with ease, and climbs up quickly to start attacking Will. The fourth mutant stays on the ground, her silver skin starts pulsating between darker and lighter tones. As the two tones become near indistinguishable, several small limbs extend from her head and extends up to a length of nearly six feet. Turning together, they face Fortune and start spitting a thick, steaming liquid towards him. A few globs that fall short on to a cop car start melting the car where they land. The woman tenses up each time the smaller "mouths" spit. The lead mutant towers over the rest, his muscles protruding well out of his skin, and his whole body appears a strange purple shade. He turns away from the heroes and runs full force at the nearest police officer, taking him by surprise and begins breaking his bones as easily as if ripping paper.
Virus Buster.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 06:46:56 pm »
Malvolio took a step back to avoid the wild attack of the filthy mutant woman assailing him.
"Your body may be a weapon... but how can you hope to defeat me when your mind is that of..." his eyes began to glow with an inner light as he waved his hands with a flourish "...A DUCK!"
The mutant stopped her assault and began quacking under her breath, losing interest in the fight and wandering off to sit in the pool of water forming around the fire hydrant.
"Hmm, perhaps a little too 'wacky'" Malvolio muttered to himself under his breath.

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 07:13:22 pm »
"Hey, you know what the best thing about having a jet pack is?"  Will asked as he turned away from the mutant.  In a burst of movement it leaped at Will and wrapped it's myriad limbs around him.  Will merely grinned widely, "it's a freakin' jet pack."  He kicked all of the jet engines into high gear and the mutant screamed and fell away towards the ground as it was hit by enough hot air to run a dozen political campaigns.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 08:00:45 pm »
"I hate calamari!" Chip hollered.

Though his arms were wrapped up, he was still able to move them easily enough. He brought them together on the mutant's head and was rewarded with a loud crack. The mutant stumbled backwards for a moment and Chip laughed.

"How about a knuckle sandwich?" he proposed before clocking the mutant in the jaw and dropping it like a ton of bricks.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 10:18:12 pm »
The lead mutant finishes mutilating and killing the police officer. Turning around, he proceeds to throw the officer's corpse at Chip, quickly followed by one of the cars. The multi-limbed mutant hits the ground hard, but spreads the blow among several of him limbs, reducing injury.

"I'll get you yet, flyboy!" the mutant called out in a strained, almost unnatural voice.

"Forget him for now, let'ss~ get out of here, something just came up!" the lead mutant replied as he ran over to grab the tentacle and spitting mutants.

Holding the spitting mutant backwards, he aims the spitters in such a way to cover his tracks to escape.

"What about Nancy?" the multi-limbed asked.

"I know your new, but hiss~ mind gamess~ are no joke, she'ss~ uselesss~ to uss~! Let'ss~ go!"

Nodding, the multi-limbed mutant quickly runs after the muscular leader.

Donaldson finally arrives at the offices. Exiting the limo, he enters the building and makes his way to his office.

"Karen, did our spies get word to us?" Donaldson asked as he approached his office door.

"Yes sir, in fact, the leader just came in five minutes ago, he's waiting in your office already."

"Good, good, get on the Hero Network and see who responded to the disturbance on Main. Make sure you get them here, negotiate an overly "fair" price if you must." Donaldson said as he enters his office.

"Ah, mayor, you're finally here." said a man in dark fatigues sitting on the close side of Donaldson's desk, "Is the disturbance already taken care of? Your secretary did say your path here goes right through Linton."

"Afraid not, Max, had my driver take an alternate path. Anyway, fill me in on what you found."

Karen finishes submitting an offer into the Hero Network, directed especially at Avitson, Fortune, Finkelstein and Mythos. Their hero communicators go off, alerting them of a high priority, high paying offer, as the mutants disappear from sight. The crowd, now moved entirely out of the way of the mutant escape path, start cheering for the heroes, while also mourning the dead officer. The other officers converge on the duck-minded mutant covering her bladed arms in specially created cuffs for mutants of her type.

"Way to go, Finkelstein! Mutants everywhere fear you!" one onlooker said.

"You're the best, Avitson, the Winged Wonder!"

"Professor! Can I get your autograph!?"

"Captain Fortune, any chance you could teach me those moves?!"
Virus Buster.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2008, 10:35:46 pm »
Chip punched the car out of the air and reached into his pocket as his communicator went of. It was payment... a lot of payment. He turned as the crowd cheered him on.

"Thank you, but you know I'd be nothing without the love of my loyal fans!" Chip said loudly with his hands in the air "And let's also hear it for these other heroes, maybe one day they'll be able to take my place... maybe!"

There was a brief pause before Chip spoke again.

"Please sir, call me Chip!" He said sternly.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 09:17:22 am »
"I don't have any moves!" Yelled Fortune, laughing.

He checked his communicator and saw the tempting offer. He checked the time, he had twice the amount of time he would ever need.

"Seeya later folks! People to save!" Fortune shimmied up a lamp post and grabbed and jumped off, immediately landing on a hover-car passing underneath him, and, riding it, sped into the distance.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008, 09:28:30 am »
Mythos signed a few autographs. It was a simple trick to write a fan's name without them telling it to him, but it still impressed them, the poor fools.
He put a finger to his right temple and read the communication from the Hero Network.
"FINKELSTEIN!" he called, gesturing expansively as always "Might I catch a lift with you to the HN building? My driver is currently indisposed owing to a bout of unexpected deafness!"

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 10:32:38 am »
Chip sighed and rubbed his nose.

"Yes Mr. Mythos..." he said rather glumly "By the way, it's Chip."

He pulled a keyring from his pocket and pressed a button. A loud roaring sound came from around the corner and a bright red sports car raced into view. It skidded loudly as it rounded the sharp turn and came to a quick stop at Chip's feet. The car had the appearance of an antique but it was mostly for attention. When Chip needed to, he could pull a lever and the car would hover like most others. Still, he rather enjoyed cruising around on four wheels. He jumped in through the window and landed in his seat. With the flip of a switch the roof retracted. Chip waved toward Mythos, signaling him to come over.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2008, 10:55:07 am »
Malvolio threw back the door of the car and sat down in a stiff-kneed way, shutting it after him and taking a deep breath as Chip set off.

"It didn't used to be this way!" he said, with feeling "There was a time when I faced villains of caliber! Of distinction! Not common mutants with a petty grudge against society! Oooh, sometimes I just feel like packing it all in, but one can't let one's public down."