Author Topic: 1/3 Of us are going to die soon. Nope, sorry, not joking.  (Read 15435 times)

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
Re: 1/3 Of us are going to die soon. Nope, sorry, not joking.
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2005, 01:15:45 pm »
I actually heard today in the radio that Europe was much more prepared for the flu then Asia was.

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2005, 03:09:53 pm »
Thanks for the heads up.

Offline OmniOck

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2006, 09:25:26 pm »
That wall, it's so detailed! It's so massive. It's making me think I need to protect myself!!!! *Runs away!
-----

Common sense makes no sense as it is not commonly used!
( And thanks Alex for the sig!)

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2006, 02:47:26 am »
the pyramid eye thingy is the al seeing eye (wich sounds rlly cool) and if this is coming im gonna wait til this gets more common cose the only place where i seen this disaster disease is in this forum so im not gonna spend 1000000$ for food gas masks and who knows what. i hope the disease wont come til i completed zelda twilight princes cose i NEED to play it and i CANT die before that

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2006, 03:06:10 am »
I for one welcome our new insect overlords.

werechicken

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2006, 05:15:26 am »
I for one welcome our new insect overlords.
yes but you're not a television personality so you won't be much use in rounding up slaves

and onto the actual point, I've done a fair bit of microbiology so I've got a fair idea of how unlikely it is to reach the pandemic proportions the doom sayers are telling everyone, every one of these things would have to happen
If the virus manges to mutate into a form that can readily infect humans
If the virus also manages to mutate into a form that can be transmitted by human
If this new form doesn't kill or cripple the carrier for at least a week after the initial infection
If a vaccine cannot be synthesized easily and in sufficient quantities
If quarantine measures are not strictly enforced

If all of those things happened then we may be screwed, but that's a long long shot

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2006, 05:45:47 am »
well, the first step is satisfied... however, since most of us arent pultry farmers we have nothing to worry about on that front.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

werechicken

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2006, 05:52:30 am »
well, the first step is satisfied... however, since most of us arent pultry farmers we have nothing to worry about on that front.
actually the first step hasn't been satisfied, you'd need to breath in blood from an infected chicken and that would be such a huge number of viruses that your lungs would be flooded. I'm talking about a form which would require a similar result from a much lsmaller level of exposure

Offline HolsteinCow

• Vanguard Venturer
  • NOT A TROLL
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2006, 06:08:53 am »
Quote from: Revelations 8 6-13

Then the seven angels who had the seven trumpets prepared to sound them.

The first angel sounded his trumpet, and there came hail and fire mixed with blood, and it was hurled down upon the earth. A third of the earth was burned up, a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up.

The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood, a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water— the name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter.

The fourth angel sounded his trumpet, and a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them turned dark. A third of the day was without light, and also a third of the night.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2006, 06:11:31 am »

The first angel sounded his trumpet, and there came hail and fire mixed with blood, and it was hurled down upon the earth. A third of the earth was burned up, a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up.

The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood, a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water— the name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter.

The fourth angel sounded his trumpet, and a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them turned dark. A third of the day was without light, and also a third of the night.
I dont know how thats relevant but it sounds like the consequences of a meteor impact, kicking up dust and blocking out the sun.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2006, 06:13:26 am »

Quote from: Page 177 of [u
Flapping Anchors[/u]]"You Okay?"
"Yeah, It's just a small cough."
"Well cover your mouth or something, I don't want to catch it."
;)
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

werechicken

« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2006, 06:15:36 am »
...........and back to the topic at hand, are we all going to die of bird flu?

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2006, 06:20:45 am »
No: "Something akin to a mountain all aflame will land in the sea..."

Actually quotes like that lend weight to the theory that the people of long ago werent as ignorant as we make out. Those sound like the observations of the survivors of a meteor impact loosely formed into a sort of half-baked prophesy.

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2006, 10:55:44 am »
if you rub your face with a chickens arse you might get bird flu, its not that bigga deal if you ask me, which i know you didn't  ;D

but its only been people who work closly with birds who have gotten it (there are always exceptions)
Never mind your own business.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2006, 03:32:29 pm »
im a doomsayer ^^ watch: PREPARE TO DIE, BOW BEFORE SATAN AND BURN IN DAMNNATION! was that a good one?

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.