Author Topic: 1/3 Of us are going to die soon. Nope, sorry, not joking.  (Read 15432 times)

Offline Psilontech

• Mystery House Madman
  • SCIENCE!!!
    • View Profile
1/3 Of us are going to die soon. Nope, sorry, not joking.
« on: October 21, 2005, 07:43:09 pm »
 Europe and Asia are ordering clampdowns on the movements of birds and people as the scare over avian flu intensifies.

One of Asia's busiest borders might be sealed if the deadly H5N1 bird flu starts spreading from human to human.

EU foreign ministers have declared the spread of bird flu from Asia into Europe a "global threat" requiring international action.

They issued a statement Tuesday saying bird flu posed a serious, global health threat if it shifted from birds to humans and one that required "a coordinated international reaction."

European Health Commissioner Markos Kyprianou told reporters that because the flu may be carried by migratory birds, other European countries could experience outbreaks.

A highly pathogenic form of bird flu, known as the H5N1, has led to the culling of tens of millions of birds in south-east Asia, but efforts to contain it have not prevented it spreading as far as the Ural mountains in Russia.

Carried by wildfowl, it spreads quickly among poultry flocks and has killed people living or working in close proximity to infected birds. Scientists fear the virus could evolve into a form which could be passed from human to human with catastrophic consequences.

David Nabarro, one of the most senior public health experts at the World Health Organisation, said outbreaks of bird flu, which have killed at least 65 people in Asia, could mutate into a form transmittable between people.

"The consequences in terms of human life when the pandemic does start are going to be extraordinary and very damaging," he said.

Last month Neil Ferguson, a professor of mathematical biology at Imperial College London, told Guardian Unlimited that up to 200 million people could be killed.

Rich countries are stockpiling anti-viral supplies. Britain announced in March that it was spending £200m on treatments for up to 14 million people. In July the government also said it would buy 2m doses of vaccine for key workers, though it will take around six months for it to arrive.

"A flu outbreak is imminent but no one knows if it will be next week or in three years' time. It is really difficult to know how many people will be infected but we know we have to get prepared."

Sixty people have been confirmed dead from the H5N1 virus. But experts say it is only a matter of time before a pandemic based on the current strain or a different one emerges, which could kill millions and cause widespread economic disruption.

P.S: I'd like everyone to cooperate and post the most important avian flu news here as it seems that the threat is very real and the community should know whats happening.

Fortunately there are a number of steps that every one of us can take to minimize the risks of an influenza pandemic to ourselves and our families.

And let's not kid ourselves...we won't be able to count on the government for help. Hurricane Katrina taught us that. If there's a bird flu pandemic, we'll need to be ready to fend for ourselves.

Keep Informed.
If and when the virus mutates so that it is being spread from human to human, it is likely to start in Southeast Asia. Pay attention to the news. When you hear that this has taken place, it's time to act. We might have two or three months before the pandemic reaches North America, but with international travel so fast and easy it could be much sooner.

Do not travel to areas where you know the flu virus is found.
The Center for Disease Control has a website that will give you this information. It's at http://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/fluactivity.htm

Prepare your Children for Homeschooling.
Most flu outbreaks get their start at schools. You can be certain that the schools will be closed. And even if they're not, you should give very serious thought to keeping your children at home.

Minimize Contact with Others.
The H5N1 avian flu virus can be transmitted for two days before a person is showing any symptoms and for a week after symptoms have disappeared. You never know who isn't and who might be infected.

Wash Your Hands.
Did you know that sneeze particles can travel across a room at 600 miles per hour? If the person sneezing has the flu, everything in that room is covered with flu virus. And when you touch anything, the virus is transmitted to your hand. Eventually it will be transmitted to your mouth. Your only protection is to wash your hands, well and often. Each washing should involve vigorous scrubbing with soap for at least 20 seconds.

Stock up on Food and Water.
Most supermakets only have enough food for about a week. It's critical that you stock up on enough food to last you for the duration which could be 3-4 months.

Update your Will.
Hopefully this won't be necessary but not all of us are going to survive.

Get a Flu Vaccination.
There is no vaccination yet for this particular strain of avian flu but a vaccination will give you protection from contracting any other flu which could weaken your system, making you more prone to fall victim to the dealier H5N1 strain.

Buy Enough Anti-Viral Medication for Every Member of you Family.
Currently the only drug that can help mitigate the effects of the avian flu virus is oseltamivir, otherwise known as Tamiflu. The world supply is very low, and not nearly adequate to provide sufficient protection for everyone, so you should stock up on this drug immediately. You can buy it online, but do your shopping because the price varies considerably. And once a pandemic strikes, it will be impossible to buy tamiflu at any price.

Life Insurance.
Make sure your life insurance is adequate, and check the fine print. Some policies have clauses that don't cover you in the event of a pandemic.

Stock up on face masks.
You will need to wear these when you absolutely have to come into close contact with others. It's likely that any public businesses or government offices that remain open will make it mandatory that you wear a mask before entering. Make sure that your mask has a rating of N100. The more common N95 masks will not give you enough protection. There is one mask -- the NanoMask® -- which not only blocks the H5N1 virus, but kills it as well.

Prepare a quarantine room.
If anyone in your family becomes stricken, he/she should be immediately moved to a location that is isolated from the rest of the house. This room should be as far away as possible and should be stocked with food and water, medical supplies, sanitation facilities, communication, cleaning tools, entertainment (books, radio, TV, etc.)

Communication.
There's a good chance that TV and radio stations will no longer be able to broadcast if there is a power failure in your area. A good quality battery operated radio, capable of receiving short wave stations will enable you to stay informed of developments in the outside world.

Power.
There could be an extended interruption to your electric power. You should consider alternative lighting and heating methods. Battery, propane, kerosine, and gasoline generators are possible options.

Protection.
New Orleans showed us how quickly civilization breaks down under catastrophic conditions. And that was mild in comparison to what we could be facing in a pandemic. The bottom line is this: most people won't take the necessary steps to prepare for disaster. And once it hits, they will be panic stricken. And they will do anything to try to save themselves. Which includes trying to take whatever you have that they might want.

You will need to have some means toprotect your family. If you own firearms, makesure you are stocked up with ammunition. Remember, you won't be able to call a patrolman if you find an intruder on your property.

Find a Place in the Country.
If you live in the city, you will be surrounded by anarchy. Catastrophes such as this always lead to civil disorder. If you can escape the city you will be much safer. If you don't have one, consider purchasing a trailer. If you can't afford it, consider a tent.

Spread the Word.
Regardless of how much coverage the avian threat is receiving in the media, most people are reluctant to act. Perhaps if they don't acknowledge the danger they think it will somehow go away. Or maybe they think the government will look after the situation.

Desperate, panic stricken people are arguably even dangerous than the virus. The more people surrounding you who are prepared for the pandemic, the safer you will be. You'll be secure in the knowledge that your neighbors won't be eyeing your resources. So please spread the word. And don't give up, even though you may feel like the voice in the wilderness. Eventually, if they hear it often enough, some people will take notice. And then they will also spread the word. And in this way we'll all be a little safer.

Whether or not it will happen this year, and whether or not it will be as catastrophic as many virologists are predicting, one thing is clear: There WILL be a pandemic of unimaginable proportions some time soon.

"Up to one billion people could die around the whole world in six months.... We are half a step away from a worldwide pandemic catastrophe." Dmitry K. Lvov, Director, D.I. Ivanovsky Institute of Virology, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences.

Whether or not it will happen this year, and whether or not it will be as catastrophic as many virologists are predicting, one thing is clear: There WILL be a pandemic of unimaginable proportions some time soon.

We can either bury our heads in the sand and hope it won't happen, or we can begin taking immediate steps to ensure that in a worst case scenario, we've given ourselves and our loved ones the best possible chance for survival.

Survive the flu. Updated information and survival advice at http://www.survivetheflu.com

"Whatever Febreeze can't fix, a gun will"

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
Re: 1/3 Of us are going to die soon. Nope, sorry, not joking.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 07:58:47 pm »
 :( hm.....................(periods mean i'm thinking)......................................................................what makes you so sure it'll reach the US?
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Psilontech

• Mystery House Madman
  • SCIENCE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 08:07:10 pm »
Have you SEEN our government?
What makes you think it WON'T?
"Whatever Febreeze can't fix, a gun will"

Offline Leng

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • !?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 09:44:15 pm »
i think anarchy would be fun!!

I have been told
not by one but two of my lovers
that I've got a heart of gold
but I'm unable to share it with others
They call me a poet who'll never have a poem
a tiger with no taste for bone
I'm the wonderful wonderful wizard who's waltzing alone

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2005, 03:11:06 am »
  hm.....................(periods mean i'm thinking)......................................................................what makes you so sure it'll reach the US?

SARS did, didnt it. I'm not all that worried, all of this is just hype, theres a new health scare every few years: BSE, SARS etc. none of those ever did become a pandemic or even an epidemic, wait a while and this thing will all blow over.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline retman

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2005, 03:36:05 am »
iam scared  :'(

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2005, 08:22:55 am »
You stand a higher chance of being hit by a car. So be very, very afraid! ;)

Offline PineappleTheHun

• Mystery House Madman
  • Explodablicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2005, 10:47:58 am »
You stand a higher chance of being hit by a TRAIN.
Phear
Quote from: Borogove
I try to think of what mother nature would have done if she suffered major brain damage.
Quote from: Gaming Steve
You are wrong.
Quote from: Legodragonxp
Starship Troopers 2 had only two things worth seeing, but she died early on

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2005, 11:17:10 am »
The best thing to do in any situation is PANIC
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2005, 02:08:32 pm »
I work in a half-dozen hospitals and about 40 clinics, we are preparing, but quietly so as not to terrify everybody. This is not going unnoticed.

Oh, BTW, 1/1 (or 3/3 if you prefer) of us are going to die, give it time... and don't forget tot pay your taxes too.

"Why not tell people? They can handle it."
"A person is smart. People dumb, panicy, and ignorant and you know it."

-MiB

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2005, 02:18:53 pm »
Oh, BTW, 1/1 (or 3/3 if you prefer) of us are going to die, give it time... and don't forget tot pay your taxes too.

I'm not.

Offline mythicalmonk

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2005, 03:10:51 pm »
Woah.  I saw this on the news the other day but I thought it was hype.

Should I really prepare?

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2005, 03:27:27 pm »
This kinda reminds me when sars was the next big diesies.

I don't think it will become that big of a problem, if it hasn't begun killing people in those very cwored asain cities yet I doubt it will.

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2005, 04:47:32 pm »
The last thing that made 1/3 of us all die quickly was the Black Death.
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline Leng

• !?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2005, 04:57:14 pm »
this is clearly the illuminatti working us all into a panic.  my dad works at a hospital and it's clear someone wants the staff shaken so they can transmit their subconscious tension to the population at large.
I have been told

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2005, 05:07:57 pm »
The next President is going to infect the entire population, then use his emergency powers to place us all in quarantine camps so that our new alien masters will face less resistance when they arrive.

Offline Leng

• !?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2005, 06:17:18 pm »
bleh, the illuminatti only influence, they have no solid power

it's a fact they do their best to hide.
I have been told

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
  • You know what the payment is...
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2005, 07:12:28 pm »
The Illuminati are doing no such thing and it's absurd to think such a thing. Move along and we will speak no more of this.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2005, 03:25:05 am »
All hail the pyramid with an eye in it!

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2005, 12:36:03 pm »
Ah... drama.

Here's news 99% of us will die in the next 100 years.

:o

Prepare.
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
  • You know what the payment is...
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2005, 01:37:52 pm »
At least there will be less competition for jobs. Senior Vice President, here I come!

*does not know what the purpose of all the various VP jobs are, but wants one anyhow for the cool name plate and spinny chair*

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2005, 04:32:12 pm »
Have you SEEN our government?
What makes you think it WON'T?

IGNORANT

Look, whatever happens happens. When and if the time comes, thats when you deal with it. It can't hurt to be a little prepared, but don't throw your whole life out of order because of a thing that may or may not happen.

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2005, 06:27:36 pm »
The Gnomes of Zurich will attempt to take over the Rednecks with the help of MTV and the Movie Congrlomerate. Ah.. Illuminati... that you Steve Jackson Games.

-Lego

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2005, 07:16:49 pm »
The Shadow Government wont kill me with their "pandemic".

They need me.

Offline Leng

• !?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2005, 09:48:31 pm »
At least there will be less competition for jobs. Senior Vice President, here I come!

*does not know what the purpose of all the various VP jobs are, but wants one anyhow for the cool name plate and spinny chair*

*thinks syphonbite would make a great senior vp*
I have been told

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2005, 10:45:48 pm »
It's all in perperation of the end of the world in 2012 and the coming of the Unicorn people.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2005, 01:55:07 am »
don't be stupid, its 2013 and the coming of the ant people. We have to get ready to toil in their vast nurseries and sugar refineries

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2005, 02:22:29 am »
BOTH WRONG!

IT IS 2014 AND THE GIANT PLANET DISSOLVING DUST CLOUD!

PROOF!
http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/wwn/20050912/112653720013.html

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2005, 06:44:46 am »
Dont worry, the pyramid with an eye in it will save us. All hail the eye-pyramid! All hail the American Dollar!

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2005, 11:47:57 am »
Well played!

:D

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2005, 01:15:45 pm »
I actually heard today in the radio that Europe was much more prepared for the flu then Asia was.

PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2005, 03:09:53 pm »
Thanks for the heads up.

Offline OmniOck

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2006, 09:25:26 pm »
That wall, it's so detailed! It's so massive. It's making me think I need to protect myself!!!! *Runs away!
-----

Common sense makes no sense as it is not commonly used!
( And thanks Alex for the sig!)

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2006, 02:47:26 am »
the pyramid eye thingy is the al seeing eye (wich sounds rlly cool) and if this is coming im gonna wait til this gets more common cose the only place where i seen this disaster disease is in this forum so im not gonna spend 1000000$ for food gas masks and who knows what. i hope the disease wont come til i completed zelda twilight princes cose i NEED to play it and i CANT die before that

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2006, 03:06:10 am »
I for one welcome our new insect overlords.

werechicken

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2006, 05:15:26 am »
I for one welcome our new insect overlords.
yes but you're not a television personality so you won't be much use in rounding up slaves

and onto the actual point, I've done a fair bit of microbiology so I've got a fair idea of how unlikely it is to reach the pandemic proportions the doom sayers are telling everyone, every one of these things would have to happen
If the virus manges to mutate into a form that can readily infect humans
If the virus also manages to mutate into a form that can be transmitted by human
If this new form doesn't kill or cripple the carrier for at least a week after the initial infection
If a vaccine cannot be synthesized easily and in sufficient quantities
If quarantine measures are not strictly enforced

If all of those things happened then we may be screwed, but that's a long long shot

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2006, 05:45:47 am »
well, the first step is satisfied... however, since most of us arent pultry farmers we have nothing to worry about on that front.

werechicken

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2006, 05:52:30 am »
well, the first step is satisfied... however, since most of us arent pultry farmers we have nothing to worry about on that front.
actually the first step hasn't been satisfied, you'd need to breath in blood from an infected chicken and that would be such a huge number of viruses that your lungs would be flooded. I'm talking about a form which would require a similar result from a much lsmaller level of exposure

Offline HolsteinCow

• Vanguard Venturer
  • NOT A TROLL
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2006, 06:08:53 am »
Quote from: Revelations 8 6-13

Then the seven angels who had the seven trumpets prepared to sound them.

The first angel sounded his trumpet, and there came hail and fire mixed with blood, and it was hurled down upon the earth. A third of the earth was burned up, a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up.

The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood, a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water— the name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter.

The fourth angel sounded his trumpet, and a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them turned dark. A third of the day was without light, and also a third of the night.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2006, 06:11:31 am »

The first angel sounded his trumpet, and there came hail and fire mixed with blood, and it was hurled down upon the earth. A third of the earth was burned up, a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up.

The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood, a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water— the name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter.

The fourth angel sounded his trumpet, and a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them turned dark. A third of the day was without light, and also a third of the night.
I dont know how thats relevant but it sounds like the consequences of a meteor impact, kicking up dust and blocking out the sun.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2006, 06:13:26 am »

Quote from: Page 177 of [u
Flapping Anchors[/u]]"You Okay?"
"Yeah, It's just a small cough."
"Well cover your mouth or something, I don't want to catch it."
;)
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

werechicken

« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2006, 06:15:36 am »
...........and back to the topic at hand, are we all going to die of bird flu?

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2006, 06:20:45 am »
No: "Something akin to a mountain all aflame will land in the sea..."

Actually quotes like that lend weight to the theory that the people of long ago werent as ignorant as we make out. Those sound like the observations of the survivors of a meteor impact loosely formed into a sort of half-baked prophesy.

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2006, 10:55:44 am »
if you rub your face with a chickens arse you might get bird flu, its not that bigga deal if you ask me, which i know you didn't  ;D

but its only been people who work closly with birds who have gotten it (there are always exceptions)
Never mind your own business.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2006, 03:32:29 pm »
im a doomsayer ^^ watch: PREPARE TO DIE, BOW BEFORE SATAN AND BURN IN DAMNNATION! was that a good one?

That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline SmileyMan

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2006, 03:33:55 pm »
The bird flu actually mutated a little in a family somewhere in Asia.

Those silly Asians. Always causing trouble in the world.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2006, 09:04:52 am »
I bet a Million Pounds i don't die of bird flu. Any takers?

Did you know George Bush and his election enemy (whatever its called) were both in a cult that was founded by the Illuminati? Also, every building you see is apprently shaped like an Owl. ZOMG

..and Pyramids always seemed like such an expensive way to sharpen razors.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • The name's Mario, Mario Mario.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2006, 11:30:00 am »
george bush was in a stupid frat club in yale. deal with it.
Back in black, with a gray dry brush and a red stiple effect.

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2006, 11:45:37 am »
Hey I am not dead yet. Even though they have found cases of the flu in my country.

Go me.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2006, 12:48:54 pm »
george bush was in a stupid frat club in yale. deal with it.
I think the word is "Whoooooooosh!"......
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline OmniOck

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2006, 08:01:42 pm »
So Steven Hawkings is right! We must take plans to colonize the moon. I must laugh my ass off before any of the doomday scenarios come to play!
-----

Common sense makes no sense as it is not commonly used!
( And thanks Alex for the sig!)

c14dude

« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2006, 08:42:45 pm »
its a good thing i'm ready to die then

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2006, 08:52:21 pm »

O RLY?
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline SumGI

• Joust Warrior
  • If those flies loose their eyes, we are in trouble
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2006, 09:00:15 pm »
You all forgot to mention Y2K!
"By placing a light in a field at night, the boy flies fly in, and as they pass near the light they are unknowingly shot in the reproductives by invisible radiation and sterilized...
They mate and die happy. The female lays her eggs and she dies happy. The eggs die and we are happy..."

c14dude

« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2006, 09:15:36 pm »
YA RLY

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • The name's Mario, Mario Mario.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2006, 09:17:29 pm »

im sorry, but this must be said, for many lives are at stake. lol emo
Back in black, with a gray dry brush and a red stiple effect.

c14dude

« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2006, 09:53:04 pm »
whatever makes you feel better.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2006, 09:58:21 pm »
I heard that the Asian bird flu is really just a plan that the Bush administration put together. See, what they're doing is trying to create a big enough scare with the virus that they can wage war against the birds and exploit their precious meat.

But that's just what I heard somewhere. :P

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Aegis

• Phoenix Fighter
  • There is no spork.
    • View Profile
    • Digital Aeon
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2006, 10:01:49 pm »
This is all an elaborate plot by the Illuminati and their splinter group Majestic 12. First, they will spread rumors of a deadly disease, so that when they create it it will seem natural. Then, in order to control people and achieve world domination, they will create the virus in a universal constructor, and then spread the virus. There will be a vaccine, but the public will not know about it, and MAJ-12 will only give it to the rich and famous, and only if these people comply with the will of the Illuminati. This will be the last step towards world domination.

Wait... Something about that sounded awfully familiar. Maybe I should ask J.C?  ;)
Wait, you're telling me Radiosity isn't the graphical simulation of a nuclear bomb?

The Talcea -
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5316.0

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2006, 12:42:51 am »
This is all an elaborate plot by the Illuminati and their splinter group Majestic 12. First, they will spread rumors of a deadly disease, so that when they create it it will seem natural. Then, in order to control people and achieve world domination, they will create the virus in a universal constructor, and then spread the virus. There will be a vaccine, but the public will not know about it, and MAJ-12 will only give it to the rich and famous, and only if these people comply with the will of the Illuminati. This will be the last step towards world domination.

Wait... Something about that sounded awfully familiar. Maybe I should ask J.C?  ;)
The illuminati are in fact the servants of a darker power, Jay-hoff. Jay-hoff is a hideous but highly advanced alien clad in a pyramid shaped life support system. Only his eye is visible. He visited earth several thousand years ago and installed himself as a god with the help of advanced automatons the primitivce humans called 'angels'. However, Jay-hoff was defeated when a human insurgent discovered a way to turn the automatons against their master. The first angel to be subverted in this way was named Sha-ton (or number one in Jay-hoff's language). Sha-ton gathered support by corrupting more automatons until the armies of both sides were equal and became locked in a stalemate. Now both powers are fighting a secret war on Earth, the illuminati are trying to help Jay-hoff conquer earth again. One of their weapons is in fact bird flu.
Also, lizard people.

werechicken

« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2006, 02:58:04 am »

The illuminati are in fact the servants of a darker power, Jay-hoff. Jay-hoff is a hideous but highly advanced alien clad in a pyramid shaped life support system. Only his eye is visible. He visited earth several thousand years ago and installed himself as a god with the help of advanced automatons the primitivce humans called 'angels'. However, Jay-hoff was defeated when a human insurgent discovered a way to turn the automatons against their master. The first angel to be subverted in this way was named Sha-ton (or number one in Jay-hoff's language). Sha-ton gathered support by corrupting more automatons until the armies of both sides were equal and became locked in a stalemate. Now both powers are fighting a secret war on Earth, the illuminati are trying to help Jay-hoff conquer earth again. One of their weapons is in fact bird flu.
Also, lizard people.

Whatthe hell happened here?

Offline The Terminator

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • I'll Be Back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2006, 08:31:01 am »
You know whats funny. The US barely did anything to prevent SARS (I think) but they spending millions of dollars on keeping Canadian Beef out of their country. Sars has way better chances of being caught by someone rather then someone catching Mad Cow Disease (Plus you'd only catch it if you ate the brain OF A COW THAT ACTUALLY HAS BSE).

The Giganommoths AKA THE OWNAGE!!!: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5817.0

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2006, 08:32:39 am »
You know whats funny. The US barely did anything to prevent SARS (I think) but they spending millions of dollars on keeping Canadian Beef out of their country. Sars has way better chances of being caught by someone rather then someone catching Mad Cow Disease (Plus you'd only catch it if you ate the brain OF A COW THAT ACTUALLY HAS BSE).

BSE is old. What about British Beef and French imports? That was years ago.

Offline The Terminator

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • I'll Be Back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2006, 08:46:55 am »

BSE is old. What about British Beef and French imports? That was years ago.

Not that old. 3 years or so. Are the borders to beef are still closed between Canada & America? If so, then BSE is not old at all. Plus I was talking about the past were north America was worried about three diseases: BSE, SARS and West Nile Virus.

The Giganommoths AKA THE OWNAGE!!!: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5817.0

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2006, 10:29:47 am »
If I understand it correctly, at this time, Canada can export beef to the US if the cattle are at least 30months of age or older. Japan has eased its restrictions on US and Canadian Beef as well, but are not happy with the testing conditions.

It is an odd market. At one point the US exported most of its beef to other countries, like Japan and Europe. It then imported beef from other places (Canada, Central, and South America) for domestic consumption.

When the borders shut, you actually were getting better beef for sale in the US, but people didn't like it as much, they were not used to it. Those of you in the US remember all the 'Black Angus' ads on TV? 'Black Angus' meat used to be exported heavily and was a lesser sold meat here in the US, so suddenly the market was full of it and they had to get rid of it somehow. A lot of people didn't like it.

If and when the borders reopen, it will be interesting to see if the beef eating Americans will be able to happily switch back to imported beef. I think the market will take a generation to recover.

2/3rds of you are going to die later. Nope, sorry, you're not going to escape either.

-Lego

Offline Aegis

• Phoenix Fighter
  • There is no spork.
    • View Profile
    • Digital Aeon
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2006, 10:32:09 am »

Also, lizard people.

Whatthe hell happened here?

Well, my post was a refrence to Deus Ex. I don't know what KS's is about, though.
Wait, you're telling me Radiosity isn't the graphical simulation of a nuclear bomb?

The Talcea -
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5316.0

Offline Mjavabean

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
    • Mjavabean's homepage
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2006, 12:25:52 pm »
I think that 100% of us will die within the next 184684842 years.

werechicken

« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2006, 03:27:28 pm »
I think that 100% of us will die within the next 184684842 years.
maybe you will, I intend to watch this planet be swallowed up by the expansion of the sun

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2006, 07:38:46 am »
wel i wont die cose im gonna live til the cured age and al diseases and prevent from being killed then ppl wil go to other planets and i wil follow them leaving the earth as food for the sun and i wil live FOREVER muhahahahahahhahaha

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2006, 08:14:41 am »
wel i wont die cose im gonna live til the cured age and al diseases and prevent from being killed then ppl wil go to other planets and i wil follow them leaving the earth as food for the sun and i wil live FOREVER muhahahahahahhahaha

Someone will eventually lynch you for your abysmal spelling.

Offline Damned_Zombie

• Cobra Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2006, 01:29:11 pm »

But seriously, show some courtesy and spell well with good grammar so we can understand you better.

Offline Hizzah

• Bezerk Brawler
  • http://www.pbfcomics.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2006, 03:15:24 pm »
I think this forum would be a better place if a third of the people died. Just have to make sure it's the right third...

werechicken

« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2006, 03:26:22 pm »
I think this forum would be a better place if a third of the people died. Just have to make sure it's the right third...

okay whatever you say Hitler, now back to the original topic

Offline SumGI

• Joust Warrior
  • If those flies loose their eyes, we are in trouble
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2006, 07:59:58 pm »

<snip>

But seriously, show some courtesy and spell well with good grammar so we can understand you better.
He's going to work on that during his extra 500 years of life  ;)
"By placing a light in a field at night, the boy flies fly in, and as they pass near the light they are unknowingly shot in the reproductives by invisible radiation and sterilized...
They mate and die happy. The female lays her eggs and she dies happy. The eggs die and we are happy..."

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2006, 02:36:02 am »
NEVER evryone knows that bad spelling gives u 10 more years of living so here i go. i kan cpel rael goud....TRANSLATE THAT muhahahaha