Author Topic: The Grox (Spoilers)  (Read 66456 times)

Offline Ondaderthad

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
    • Area32 - Westgate Builders
Re: The Grox (Spoilers)
« Reply #135 on: September 24, 2008, 08:47:26 pm »
Since I am a I figured I must first ally with them.
At least until I reach the center. Then it will be time enough for war.

So far I contacted them without any allies ships and my turrets turned off.
I used a wormhole to reach inside their territory.
Terraformed an empty planet near by to T1.
They don't follow you when you land there and you can refuel cheaper.

Gave them 3 lots of 100,000 gifts for a +10

I did a few quests for them to get a +50

Placed a couple of embassies for another +10

Used a fireworks near their city for +1 (every little bit adds up)

Used Happy ray for another +10

And found a nearby planet claimed by a creature species. Planet Busted for a +26

At that point I had to make a trip back home to get more cash and a few more planet busters.

That's when I decided to make a full line of colonies at maximum jump 5 distance of each other. My idea was to have spice collection points on the way back and forth as well as the occasional sale at good price if and when..

This is time consuming and I am about 3/4 of the way back at the moment. I also purchased a further 4 or 5 planet busters and am rebuilding my finances.

There is a good Grox Guide on the spore forum:
http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/0/1294.page#8411

It shows the Bonuses you can get:

My next session I should be able to open a trade route as soon as they reach the Blue face. Then i will be able to make more T1 colonies inside their territory (any empty planet will do)

Offline Telluric

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 25, 2008, 10:23:19 am »
So... a good plan for doing some major damage quickly to the Grox empire;

I've never really zoomed in on one of their planets.  They are at T0 and they cannot abide raising the level above that?  Are they badly off T0 or nearly T1?

In any event, it seems like terraforming is the fastest easiest ways to devastate vast swaths of the Grox territory.  I am planning to go when I have the tools that let me raise and lower atmosphere and temperature - tools don't use anything but energy and I can carry energy packs and colony kits with me.  Using the beam down/beam up trick, I can quickly stabilize the world, keeping it above Grox level T score... even if they attack and destroy that colony, they won't get the world back, right?  When doing the terraforming, I can just zoom along the planet avoiding conflicts, which should prevent me from being destroyed, right?

And as I'll be setting up colonies as I go, I'll have a base of operations for buying energy packs, healing and restoring energy, and continuing on the crusade.

So, will this plan work?  Do Grox worlds ever have multiple colonies?  Do they completely disappear if the world is terraformed or only down to one city in a dome?
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." - George Carlin

Offline benjaminge

• Galaxian Guru
  • He said it, not me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 25, 2008, 03:55:13 pm »
I heard that if you get to T1, its destroys all their cities :) so go for it.

On a lighter note, is it just me that think their pretty cute?
Apparently the warning "do not try this at home" really means "do not try this at all"... no one told ME!!!!

Offline TDKenyon

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
    • Neu Age
« Reply #138 on: September 25, 2008, 06:59:10 pm »
I was thinking this the other day when I was Happy Raying them. They dance around like everyone else. And where they get angry/their voices, they are just cute little things. Like Nibblers.

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 25, 2008, 07:36:59 pm »
i now have allied a race with the grox. the shelophirus can be added to the list of hated races.
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Ondaderthad

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 25, 2008, 09:54:26 pm »
To get allied with the Grox is a lot easier than to try and fight your way through their empire:

Then it was just a 5 minute drive to the center:

Ok that was the fun part. And now I have a Grox allied ship that is more efficient than the 5 normal ships you get even from a level 5 empire. That one can actually fight.

At war with every other races in the Galaxy? No problem. It's easier to deal with them individually than fighting a 1000 planet ennemy.

Now the serious business of actually destroying the Grox.

Going to war with them will be real easy. Just shoot one of their ships.
But there MUST be an easier way to do it.

There are rumors of a special Virus that may destroy their worlds one by one.
If so that would be on a planet near the core. I must search in details.
Or it could be just that... a rumor.

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 26, 2008, 02:00:46 am »
if you destroy the grox won't they be gone on all of your saves and you'll never see them again?

i like the status quo. i am just gonna leave them all alone and not touch them. unless ofcourse it turns out my game is one of those wierd games where something crazy happens and they start expanding their empire outwards, then i'll help.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 02:12:44 am by Brutus »
Never mind your own business.

Offline Ondaderthad

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 26, 2008, 08:25:00 am »
Since my previous post... I am now at war with the Grox.

I just settled on a nice T3 planet near the Galactic Center. That's my new Home away from home.

My plan now is to raise a few races using Monoliths. Got 3 so far.

I wait for them to evolve to space stage and make them allies. I just clear the nearby Grox system around the Core and my allies use the empty planets to settle.

My tactics to capture the Grox planets is pretty simple.
Fly in low and fast. to the planet surface. Move forward without waiting.

My UFO is faster than Grox ships so I can reach their city without too much damage.

I hit them with Static Cling. (A Diplomat special weapon) then destroy the cities with bombs.

I did capture a couple but I don't think it's worth it.

If there are any ship left after the Static Cling runs out then I turn on the Shield and mop up the rest.

They drop at least 100,000 per planet. Collect and fly back home.

I then do a run around my allies planets to buy/sell spice, and get some energy/health packs.

As soon as the Static Cling is recharged I go for the next planet.

They haven't retaliated yet. So it gets pretty easy.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 26, 2008, 09:58:07 am »
You have to terraform to T1+. They resettle the planets they used to be on.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline Ondaderthad

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 26, 2008, 11:13:34 pm »
You have to terraform to T1+. They resettle the planets they used to be on.

Yes - forgot to mention that I terraform to T1 for my allies to take over. They love it and are growing very fast.

But I have put that game on stand-by and I am playing a different race to see the effects from another arm of the Galaxy.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #145 on: September 27, 2008, 06:58:19 am »
Going to war with them will be real easy. Just shoot one of their ships.
But there MUST be an easier way to do it.

In case anyone has LightO's Trainer [spoilers]and the SoL[spoilers/], they could pretty much erase the Grox from the galaxy just by spamming [spoilers]SoLs[spoilers/] everywhere in their empire. :)

Well, that's the easiest way I could think of.

Offline TDKenyon

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
    • Neu Age
« Reply #146 on: September 27, 2008, 11:08:11 am »
So the patch kills LightO's trainer. Does anyone know where I can get a trainer that works with the patch?

Offline Crowster

• Defender Devotee
  • It's Crow-Time, Baby!
    • View Profile
    • The Adventures of Crow-Man
« Reply #147 on: September 27, 2008, 12:39:19 pm »

I said the exact same thing. I was expecting some terrible monstrosity. Instead, what I saw when I finally contacted them was what I imagine adorable house pets would look like if they were assimilated by the Borg. Sure, they were, more or less, telling me to leave their territory or die, but as they did so their little ears kept twitching. I couldn't help but think they were adorable.

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
  • A new musical revelation...
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 27, 2008, 03:59:04 pm »

I said the exact same thing. I was expecting some terrible monstrosity. Instead, what I saw when I finally contacted them was what I imagine adorable house pets would look like if they were assimilated by the Borg. Sure, they were, more or less, telling me to leave their territory or die, but as they did so their little ears kept twitching. I couldn't help but think they were adorable.

That's probably why they have those implants; so people will stop thinking they're cute. Apparently, it doesn't work.
I say NO! to all limits.
Unfortunately, I don't think we're far enough into the Civ stage to have deveoped into the 'Infinite-ghz processing' research tree yet...

Offline Telluric

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 27, 2008, 09:06:43 pm »
So... I've had a fair amount of time to serve the Grox the result they so richly deserve.  I decided to go with terraforming their worlds.  It's very efficient.  So, I'll cut a path to the center of galaxy and others will be able to use it.

If I wanted to kill them all, it would be only a matter of time.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." - George Carlin