Author Topic: The Grox (Spoilers)  (Read 70615 times)

Offline Telluric

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
Re: The Grox (Spoilers)
« Reply #165 on: October 01, 2008, 12:49:29 pm »
So, has anyone actually managed to defeat the Grox yet? I can only assume that doing so will get us the "super secret" ending.

I've been trying.  I've destroyed maybe 200 Grox worlds.  While it is easy to blow them away, there are so many that it is very time consuming.  And dull.  Zoom in, terraform, stabilize, move on and repeat.

Nice thing; Grox worlds seem much richer territory for finding rare things.  I've found three things on one planet more than once.

But this is a chore to just put them down.  No challenge, just time served. 
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." - George Carlin

Offline Crowster

• Defender Devotee
  • It's Crow-Time, Baby!
    • View Profile
    • The Adventures of Crow-Man
« Reply #166 on: October 01, 2008, 06:10:36 pm »
Okay, I've met the Grox, and considered what they mean to the rest of the game, and...

I want to have an Grox-less option for my Galaxy.

Anyone figure out how to reset the Galaxy yet?

You mean reset it as in making it fresh and new like it was before you started playing?

Go to C:\Users\VistaUsernameHere\AppData\Roaming\SPORE or the XP equivalent. Make sure you have it set to see hidden folders when looking for it. Rename or delete the "games" folder found in there. Start Spore up, and it'll reset your galaxy. I've done this numerous times, keeping the old "games" folders so that I can rename folders and boot them up at any time, which is nice if you're like me and want multiple galaxies. If all you want to do, however, is reset the galaxy, then just delete the "games" folder and you should be good to go.

The Grox aren't that bad. All you have to do is visit one of their outer planets without attacking them to finish the "find the grox" mission, then never pester them again. As long as you don't do anything to tick them off, war should be avoidable and they should leave you alone.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 06:12:42 pm by Crowster »

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 01, 2008, 06:15:21 pm »
No challenge, just time served. 

That pretty much sums up the difficulty in this game.It is not that hard. It is not one have a great risk of failure. The problem is that is a long repetitive process. What i would call annoying and what is know as The Grind in MMORPG terms.

I would like to know what happen when one defeats the Grox. I can do it and maybe will do it someday. But it will take time. But i am not sure i will keep the save with the Grox gone. I kind of like those little fellows. :D
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)