Author Topic: Cheats  (Read 16553 times)

Offline MTCason

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
Re: Cheats (for people with the full game)
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2008, 10:46:26 am »
There's also a remarkably well fleshed-out trainer at www.cheathappens.com, which they have already augmented and added new options to probably 4-5 times since its initial release yesterday, with the promise of more options to come.  You have to pay to get access to it now, otherwise you'll have to wait until October for it to be released 'free' to the general public.  The options on it include:

Options
-------

Numpad 1: 999999 DNA Points (World)
Numpad 2: 999999 DNA Points (Creator)
Numpad 3: Massive Health
Numpad 4: No Hunger
Numpad 5: 999999 Food
Numpad 6: Invincible Tribe
Numpad 7: Sporebucks (Income)
Numpad 8: Mega Military Units
Numpad 9: Invincible Spaceship
Numpad 0: Unlimited Space Income
Numpad .: Cell Stage Health
Numpad +: Instant Cooldowns
Numpad -: Unlimited Complexity

Notes
-------

Numpad 1: 999999 DNA Points (World) - this works while you are in the game world.
This works for the Creature Stage only!

Numpad 2: 999999 DNA Points (Creator) - this works while you are within the
creature creator. This also helps with Tribal Outfitter Points.

Numpad 3: Massive Health - this works when you are in control of a specific
unit, not tribes. This Works in Creature Stage only!

Numpad 4: No Hunger - this works when you are in control of a specific
unit, not tribes. This Works in Creature Stage only!

Numpad 5: 999999 Food - this gives you food within the game world.

Numpad 6: Invincible Tribe - Your Tribe members won't go hungry and have massive
health.

Numpad 7: Sporebucks (Income) - During Civilization stage this gives you 99,999,999 income

Numpad 8: Mega Military Units - During Civilization stage this will make your
military units very high armor and nearly invincible!

Numpad 9: Invincible Spaceship - use this in Space Stage and you will notice that your
spacecraft will have mega health.

Numpad 0: Unlimited Space Income - use this in Space Stage and you will see that you
have tremendous amount of Sporebucks (income)

Numpad .: Cell Stage Health - use this option in the Cell Stage and your microbe will
be invincible.

Numpad +: Instant Cooldowns - se this option in the Creature and Tribe stages for
instant cooldowns of your attacks, etc.

Numpad -: Unlimited Complexity - use this option to force the game to allow infinite
complexity on most creation screens. Note, you must activate this option
BEFORE you go into the creation screens. We cannot guarantee stability of
the game if you place 100 guns on your vehicles, etc.

Offline helio-G

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Cheats
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2008, 12:40:54 pm »
ANyone know the cheat to unlock all the Planet Terraforming tools?
"spaceCreate" cheat only unlocks a few tools. I need the rest. I WANT MY SAND BOX !!!

Offline Dasmike

• Fire Truck Driver
  • Check out dasmike on Sporepedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2008, 12:44:46 pm »
Seeing as the space stage seems to be miserably difficult (constant enemy rape/pillaging of colonies) I think cheats might be the only way to really treat space like a sandbox.
"I trod on the neck of the King of Babylon like a steppu-stool, and received the officers of the temple of Marduk before me in chains, making supplication to me. I took from Babylon ten talents of gold and a thousand talents of silver. I took the gods of Babylon, and placed them in the house of Ashur. I overthrew the King of Babylon, and placed on his throne the lowliest of my slaves."

Offline SporeForSure

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2008, 04:03:01 pm »
Seeing as the space stage seems to be miserably difficult (constant enemy rape/pillaging of colonies) I think cheats might be the only way to really treat space like a sandbox.

You will soon realise how usefull it is to have a billion sporebucks, fighting with one ship and having your colony being shot to oblivion :P

Turrets in colonys help a bit, but...
”It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring” (Dr. Carl Sagan)

Offline Pardan

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2008, 08:26:33 pm »
during a playthrough I got to a stage where DNA was hard to get, my creature wasn't all that powerful but I had lots of parts, so I tried the dna cheat. First I couldnt' get it work, but with some testing I found a way. Added way more DNA then I could use. Creature became to complex and it prevented me in tribal stage.

I couldn't equip my tribe with the stuff needed to progress.
Sporepedia user.

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-Thoram

<embed width="384" height="206" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" src="http://www.spore.com/flash/csa_widget.swf?userid=2263024371&username=Thoram&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spore.com%2Fview%2Fuser-thumbnail" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" scale="showall" name="latest-creatures" /></emb

Offline Spore-addict

• Kaboom Boomer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2008, 08:41:16 pm »
and what can you learn from that...DONT ****ING CHEAT
Master Raytracer Spore-addict = KarmaCowboy

See you out there, feel free to comment my creatures.

Offline dreck345

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2008, 08:45:42 pm »
Honestly, I never understood the anti-cheating mentality for singleplayer games. If you've played the game and beaten the content normally, cheating breathes new life into it for me. Suddenly I can do more. It's especially great for setting up hilarious situations in some games (Grand theft auto, for instance.) If it doesn't negatively effect other players, why not? It's not so much cheating as it is making the game more enjoyable to the individual, and really that is all that matters.

Besides, Maxis includes very powerful tools. In Sims 2, for instance, there are some really cool tricks in content creation that flat our are NOT possible without 'cheating.' Please, point the judgemental finger elsewhere.

Aside from that, if you mess up while cheating just get back on the horse and try again. :D

Offline SkyShadowing

• Fire Truck Driver
  • The Fearsome Shadowling... dancing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2008, 08:47:17 pm »
2 questions about cheating:

1. Does cheating disable achievements?

2. Is there a cheat code to unlock all creature creator parts?

Offline dreck345

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2008, 08:49:20 pm »
Cheating does NOT disable achievements, it only adds a "joker" achievement that shows you cheated.

There is a code to unlock all creature creator parts, I'm sure. As of now though, noones figured out all the cheats. The console does seem capable of pretty much anything so hopefully before long somebody figures it out.

Offline SkyShadowing

• Fire Truck Driver
  • The Fearsome Shadowling... dancing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2008, 08:55:36 pm »
Cheating does NOT disable achievements, it only adds a "joker" achievement that shows you cheated.

There is a code to unlock all creature creator parts, I'm sure. As of now though, noones figured out all the cheats. The console does seem capable of pretty much anything so hopefully before long somebody figures it out.

Ah. Very good. That means if my plan works, it will be quite easy to get my creature into a game already in progress. Thank you.

Offline Ondaderthad

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
    • Area32 - Westgate Builders
Re: What does the cheat menu do? (for people with the full game)
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2008, 11:03:20 pm »
From my point of view... I will not add and/or keep Buddies who have the Joker achievement.

Offline Riddick

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2008, 12:42:04 am »
and what can you learn from that...DONT ****ING CHEAT

What are you 10? It's a single player game, who cares.

Offline Alvin Flummox

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2008, 07:37:02 am »
From my point of view... I will not add and/or keep Buddies who have the Joker achievement.

Why not? How does it affect you in anyway? If you like someones creations why would you not want them in your game just because the person that made them messed around with the cheats.  :-\
My Sporepedia. Please take a look and comment :)
Also, feel free to look at My thread

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2008, 07:40:25 am »

So, you're not gonna add me as a buddy because I decided to try out some cheats in a single-player game? That's a bit silly, it's our experience and we're not ruining it for you so why should you treat us as MMORPG griefers.
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Ondaderthad

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
    • Area32 - Westgate Builders
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2008, 06:56:06 pm »
Because, although it's a single player game, the creatures populating my world are made by my buddy subscriptions.
So if the cheated to give them extra DNA, then they would be unbalanced.

I accept that you are allowed to play your game the way you like.
But remember that all the stuff you make goes into the Sporepedia for other people to use.

There is already a problem at the moment because most creatures you find are either Maxis or made by people in the CC. Those are far more complex than any creature you play yourself.
I am yet to see any creature that has been "played" and not just edited.

On the other hand I could be wrong and the Cheats don't affect online creatures in which case I would be happy to retract my statement.