Author Topic: I found Earth! (Spoilers)  (Read 142055 times)

Offline beta592

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
Re: I found Earth! (Spoilers)
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2008, 04:29:01 pm »
I was hoping Earth would be in a randomized. It would be crazy to find it after exploring your 3rd star. Oh well either way.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2008, 04:33:52 pm »
He was probably just lucky that it happened to be near his own homeworld. Your own position is going to be randomized anyways. I didn't see any sort of coordinates in those screenshots, so we still have to go and search for it.

Offline dreck345

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2008, 04:52:37 pm »
Oh, actually it didnt happen near my homeworld. I'm sorry that I forgot to clarify, but the red circle in the image with the brightest white dot in the middle is the location of the Sol system, containing earth. So its a few arms of the galaxy away.  :)

Edit: It's a system not a galaxy. XD
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 07:18:10 pm by dreck345 »

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2008, 04:56:12 pm »
You mean Sol system and thats more like on the opposite side of the galaxy, still going to be a challenge to find.

Offline laurenke

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
    • The Sporum
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2008, 05:03:27 pm »
Besides, an Earth with the continents in the Precambrian positions wouldn't be recognizeable unless you knew what it looked like back then.

Precisely what I was going to say.  It has NOTHING to do with religion.  It's simply that a modern person's perception of the planet is as it exists now, not as it was millions of years ago.  To make it easily recognizable they made it the "modern" Earth, which in my opinion looks way cooler and Easter-Eggy than a planet with seemingly random landmasses.
The Sporum
The Sims 2, Spore, Heroes, Custom Content, and more

Offline GHudston

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2008, 01:46:28 am »
Then the continents are wrong for Precambrian Earth, or they are pushing creationist ideas.  NO RELIGIOUS DEBATES, PLEASE!

What else would they be pushing? Spore is all about creating you know.

And I wouldn't read into the formation of the continents too much, I don't think there's a hidden or particular reference to Earth in any particular time.

Haven't you seen the 60 second trailer? They're pushing Creatiolutionist ideas!

On topic: Apart from this being a cool easter egg, there is absolutely NO point putting a spoiler tag on a post when the rest of the thread title is the spoiler anyway. Thanks for ruining that one for a lot of us.

Offline SporeKevin

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2008, 08:53:03 am »
So the title should have been "I found SOMETHING!"?   Kinda stupid complaint if you ask me.   Same as someone who eventually finds out whats at the middle of the galaxy, and indicates that in the title.  It is obvious in the title the subject but it doesn't give enough detail to RUIN it for people.   Especially on this forum, where threads rarely contain what they start with, and usually end up with discussions about torrent download status. : /

Offline Monster

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2008, 09:42:42 am »
Woot! My planet is located on the same part of the same arm as that!

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2008, 10:36:55 am »
Then the continents are wrong for Precambrian Earth, or they are pushing creationist ideas.  NO RELIGIOUS DEBATES, PLEASE!

What else would they be pushing? Spore is all about creating you know.

And I wouldn't read into the formation of the continents too much, I don't think there's a hidden or particular reference to Earth in any particular time.

Haven't you seen the 60 second trailer? They're pushing Creatiolutionist ideas!

On topic: Apart from this being a cool easter egg, there is absolutely NO point putting a spoiler tag on a post when the rest of the thread title is the spoiler anyway. Thanks for ruining that one for a lot of us.

Its been known that the Solar System was going to be an easter egg in the game for a while. Besides, the screenshots don't even give you a clue as to where to look other than perhaps the middle band of the galaxy, and you still have to find it.

Offline dreck345

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2008, 11:32:47 am »
Thank you smjjames.

It has been very public knowledge for awhile now, like I've been trying to say. I didn't mean to upset anybody, but Will Wright had an entire conference with Earth being the highlight of the time there. It was released a long with a lot of other data that Earth and various Sol system planets would be in the game.

The spoilers I mentioned is the "general" location I highlighted on the galaxy map as well as what is actually on Earth. THAT is the spoiler.

Sheesh, you try to give to the community and what do ya get? A swift kick in the teeth!

Offline SporeKevin

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2008, 11:55:44 am »
Just think of the forums as the creature stage: you're likely to run into a snarling vicious attacker at some point if you wander around long enough.   Bring a stick.

Offline Riddick

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2008, 01:16:09 pm »
Thank you smjjames.

It has been very public knowledge for awhile now, like I've been trying to say. I didn't mean to upset anybody, but Will Wright had an entire conference with Earth being the highlight of the time there. It was released a long with a lot of other data that Earth and various Sol system planets would be in the game.

The spoilers I mentioned is the "general" location I highlighted on the galaxy map as well as what is actually on Earth. THAT is the spoiler.

Sheesh, you try to give to the community and what do ya get? A swift kick in the teeth!

Personally I don't care however you did INTENTIONALLY spoil the game for a lot of people just because you found something and wanted to brag about it. If you're going to use spoiler tags then don't follow up with the actual spoiler in the title, it's common sense.

title: "SPORE SPOILER"

You have a brain, use it. And btw all the stuff about "Will Wright said this at a conference... " some people purposely avoided that stuff in-order to not be spoiled. I've been following Spore for years and even I didn't know about his saying anything about Earth.

Offline MTCason

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2008, 01:23:26 pm »
Lay off.  If you can't avoid reading threads you know from the title you ought not to, that's no fault of the original poster's.

Offline dreck345

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2008, 02:05:14 pm »
Thank you, MT.

Offline superstartran

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2008, 08:57:22 pm »
Just an update. After about an hour and a half of frustrating worm hole jumping and memorization (while also trying to figure out how to exactly position my "galaxy map") of worm holes, I FINALLY was able to get into the right arm. It took me another 30 minutes to find Sol. Luckily I did, and it is where the OP said it was. So yes, it will be in the same position for everyone.