Author Topic: IGN (AU) Review - Sept 3  (Read 2891 times)

Offline WeatherMAN

• Rigel Rescuer
  • ^ He's rocking out ^
    • View Profile
    • My Spore Creations!
IGN (AU) Review - Sept 3
« on: September 03, 2008, 06:04:48 pm »
I did not read this, except the summary to avoid potential spoilers... so I do not know if it contains them... if someone that has beat the game and doesn't mind the risk of spoilers would give us an idea of how spoilerific it would be - much appreciated

http://pc.ign.com/articles/907/907287p1.html

Score: 9.2

My favorite line: "One of the single most versatile games ever made, Spore’s potential is limited only your imagination. The different “paths” are simply icing on the cake."

Visit: My Spore Creations | My Sporepedia Profile
...Please Comment & Vote Them Up! Their may be cookies involved...
OK... so there aren't any cookies... do it because I have an undying need to get approval from people I've never me

Offline WeAreLegion

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
    • Noigel's Art
Re: IGN (AU) Review - Sept 3
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 06:08:49 pm »
Sweet I was right!  I called it in the other thread: 9.0 +!! :)

*reads*

Offline Veraal

• Prince of Persia
  • That's Ariel. Ho ho.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 06:09:22 pm »
aahhh, this cheered me up immensely.

I've always liked ign, and this is just what i needed.

I'm just saying I'm happy it got a good grade. the only bad thing about it was apparently the alien gibberish, but that can surely be modded.

Offline rob

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
    • MySporePage.com
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 06:46:02 pm »
IGN AU Rating 9.2 Spore AU Review

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/907/907287p1.html

Offline Plank of Wood

• Civilization Emperor
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 06:51:09 pm »
IGN rated somthing a 9, oh no, the sky is falling, this is truely a rare event. :P
You're in my way, sir.

Dude, you're dreaming that you're a pony.  I don't care how good the show is.

Offline KL0k

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 06:54:24 pm »
surprise surprise *yawnz* ;D

anyways, no big "wow" news in that review. so i think, theres no need for spoilertags at all.. but well, i just took a quick look, so dont hit me with a club if theres something inside you might have missed in the past.

Offline WeAreLegion

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
    • Noigel's Art
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 07:16:19 pm »
Great review!  The touch on some of the complaints other make but it seems like they played the game for real...taking their time and trying out diferent ways to go.  Basicly my fears are not so bad now.

I tend to agree with most of what IGN says. ;)

Offline darkov

• Lunar Lander Leader
  • Sporepedia - Arrozal
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 08:06:14 pm »
I know IGN has a habit of being generous, especially around big titles but I've found the majority of the time their views match mine.

So I'm feeling happier now, just have to wait until tomorrow. Ship faster damn you~!
"It's an experience that is not often had but it's very memorable. When you've sat back and thought about the meaning of life or your place in the universe or are there aliens out there or did I evolve from pond scum or whatever it is, that kind of range of questions is the domain of Spore and everybody in some sense has asked our own set of those questions." -- Will Wright

Offline Exploding8

• Atari Combat Vet
  • That guy who never posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 08:12:40 pm »
I lol'd at the second picture.
"Dude, he's checkin' us out! He can see through the screen! He knows we're here! Woah. Pass the joint."

Thanks for the link, made my day. Or is it night? I can't tell anymore, all I can think about is Spore. >.>

Offline WeAreLegion

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
    • Noigel's Art
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 08:14:34 pm »
I lol'd at the second picture.
"Dude, he's checkin' us out! He can see through the screen! He knows we're here! Woah. Pass the joint."

Thanks for the link, made my day. Or is it night? I can't tell anymore, all I can think about is Spore. >.>

Yeah that one LOLed me as well.

Offline Ghidoran

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
    • Ghidoran's Diablo 3 Fansite
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 09:16:07 pm »
Good review, first part seemed too much like a preview to me though. Anyway, the second picture was used by PC Powerplay in their 'review'. You'd think they'd have used their own pictures(like the wheel of fortune thing, hilarious). But great review, thanks.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die

best spore game http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=926714&topic=43989778

Offline Burnzoire

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 09:41:43 pm »
awesome review. I'm gonna go down and pick up my pre-order now, even though I can't play it until after work :/

Offline strghtupG

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 09:49:20 pm »
its sad how low my expectations have gotten for this game...

Sigh 4 years of waiting for a casual half done game to come out...

Heres to the mod community to maybe one day turn it into the game it was supposed to be!

Offline Lurker28

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
    • Ordus inferi - Age of Conan Guild
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 10:03:30 pm »

Heres to the mod community to maybe one day turn it into the game it was supposed to be!

I am sad you over hyped it, I have been waiting as long as everyone else. I played it for 7 hours and absolutely love the game. I always new the game was going to have a lot of breath, but not a lot of depth...and I always loved simulation games. I enjoy dicking around, creating things, and watching what happens.

You had false expectations, there were very few things that were promised that did not arrive in Spore. Underwater phase, physics (drag and pull), flora editor, and underwater cities are the things that have been taken out. The game is missing nothing, but what you built up in your head.

I for one stayed grounded, and understood it was going to be revolutionary...however it was not going to be the "be all to end" games. It was going to be a large stepping stool for the platform.

After 7 hours with the game, I can truthfully say this game is a 9.5/10 in my eyes. I have been a video gamer since the beginning of the ATARI 2600 and this is the largest leap in gaming since Ultima Online changed the we play our PC's.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 10:59:52 pm by Lurker28 »

Offline WeAreLegion

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
    • Noigel's Art
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 10:03:37 pm »

Not to pee on your party after you unloaded on ours but...where did you get that opinion from this review?   ???