Author Topic: GS Sporecast Database  (Read 8429 times)

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
GS Sporecast Database
« on: September 03, 2008, 01:06:10 pm »
I thought it might be useful to keep a database of Gsming Steve members sporecasts for easy acess,

official GS sporecast

Munchkin5's:
special editions
creatures to use in your game, varied and not rediculous
game creatures
a sowcase, for ratings not subscriptions, unless you like stupid easter egg type creatures
(should be updated soon)

Parkaboy's:
Dinosecta Ecosystem
Varied dinosaur/insect hybrids. (in construction)
Dodris Ecosystem
Planet of insectoids.
Barlowe's Ecosystem
Bunch of creatures inspired (some more literal recreations, others more loosely inspired) by Wayne Barlowe's Expedition - also known as Discovery Channel's Alien Planet.
Pierson's Ecosystem
The home ecosystem of the Pierson's Puppeteer, famous alien species from Larry Niven Known Space series of novels.
Gemenon Ecosystem
A planet of more "Earth-like" creatures.
Aquantica Ecosystem
A world of creatures inspired in sea life. Floating fishes, walking shrimps and such.
Baudelair Ecosystem
Homeworld of the Bauder, populated by creatures related genetically to it.

Submisions need to be actual sporecasts, and presented as:
Code: [Select]
Link:[url=http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=ssc-500012816365]sporecast name[/url]
short description
if i get enough submissions i can form an index by user, so fire away.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 08:50:27 am by munchkin5 »

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
Re: GS Sporecast Database
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 01:32:51 pm »
I'll post my ecosystem freindly predators (because I only have the free SCC and if you think I'll pay money for it when spore is already out at this point then you're crazy) when sporepedia comes back up.

EDIT:

Terrorbird

Predator made after a late night watching "Walking with Beasts". Uses the dog mouth, 1 speed but has literaly all the impress ways, so they can be perswaded by most players.

BUGGER. Crashed again.

Grunter

Huge predator, he annihalates everything in his path. But he's sooo loooooneleeeeeey. Maxed out jaws, some slash attack and slightly buggy animation, he has a display crest on his head to make him a bit more scary are larger. Literaly a tank, however he has a weak spot on the top his head, he has literaly no skull, par from a bit of carthalge and two bony plates, but this giant can be taken down by even small vermin if they hit it in the right spot.

Flutterby

It's exactly as it's name describes, but it's a scavenger, due to the face that it's supposed "prey" usualy kills it. It's can fly, but only slightly. It is only there for you to eat, or to be used as a distraction against more dangerous predators.

Twirly

Run of the mill predator, he will be your basic enemy troughout the creature phases, and he looks funky too.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 01:56:21 pm by Plank of Wood »
the real saviour of this forum

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 01:46:11 pm »
I'm attempting to find it, servers are easing up, they're just so slow

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 03:53:58 pm »

Terrorbird

Predator made after a late night watching "Walking with Beasts". Uses the dog mouth, 1 speed but has literaly all the impress ways, so they can be perswaded by most players.

Actually I think you will find having all the impress ways will make it harder to be social with difficulty to impress is decided mostly just by the level of the creatures charm or dance etc. A creature that has all impress methods will have more needs to match. For example

If you try and do the social thing with this creature and it strikes a pose and your creature has no point in pose you will fail the social mini game. Similar deal if say it has 2 points in pose and you only have 1. You can boost it using your pack/herd but often you can find they will have their own pack/herd around giving them selves the boost as well.

Offline Ondaderthad

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
    • Area32 - Westgate Builders
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 05:13:49 am »
The type of Sporecast I would like to see is a collection of colour coordinated Buildings and vehicles. 

Creatures are easy to get by adding Buddies. And if you set the online options to delete anything older than say 15 or 20 days then your game will stay fresh.

But vehicles and buildings are a bit different. At the moment there is only the Maxis ones to choose from or build your own.

Offline Parkaboy

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 07:34:39 am »
My Sporecasts are all ecosystems, so I can populate my planets with related creatures (though not all the creatures on an ecosystem are alike, some Sporecasts are more themathic than others):

Dinosecta Ecosystem
Varied dinosaur/insect hybrids. (in construction)

Dodris Ecosystem
Planet of insectoids.

Barlowe's Ecosystem
Bunch of creatures inspired (some more literal recreations, others more loosely inspired) by Wayne Barlowe's Expedition - also known as Discovery Channel's Alien Planet.

Pierson's Ecosystem
The home ecosystem of the Pierson's Puppeteer, famous alien species from Larry Niven Known Space series of novels.

Gemenon Ecosystem
A planet of more "Earth-like" creatures.

Aquantica Ecosystem
A world of creatures inspired in sea life. Floating fishes, walking shrimps and such.

Baudelair Ecosystem
Homeworld of the Bauder, populated by creatures related genetically to it.

I'll be adding more when I get the game.

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 08:50:52 am »
Submisions need to be actual sporecasts, and presented as:
Code: [Select]
Link:[url=http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=ssc-500012816365]sporecast name[/url]
short description

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 01:28:25 am »
Hydro's Earth Animals
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-Hydromancerx|2250478253%3Assc-500012820516

Hydro's Future is Wild
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-Hydromancerx|2250478253%3Assc-500032372231

Offline Anisi

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 05:20:28 am »
Species Sets
A collection of creatures sets. Subscribe for high quality species bundles.

I've just started this tonight. But it will be a collection of species sets by creators. Eg. Bura by Aaarrrggg.
If you have a creature series or set that are of high quality, and have at least 5 creatures... PM me and I will look at them and add them to the Sporecast if they are good enough. :) So far I have my Fuiret species (originally by me), the Bura tribe (originally by Aaarrrggg), and the Makurite evolution (by Parkaboy. I'm still adding more right now and I'm open to suggestions.

Offline eleazar

• Revenging Yar
    • View Profile
    • my spore creatures
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 02:06:44 pm »
Quality, Plausible Aliens

It has nearly 700 creatures, many from gamingsteve members, and a large helping of creatures i've found elsewhere.  I've avoided joke, gimmick, object, excessively cute, robotic etc. creature, and focused on alien weirdness in the tradition of Wayne Douglas Barlow, or Snaiad.

I'm trying to be pretty selective with what's included, so when i get a chance to see everything in-game, I'll cull any that don't animate well, or have other issues.  There are a few post creature-stage creatures, but i will certainly add more as they become available.

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 02:25:57 pm »
Futurama Content
Futurama related creatures and vehicles.This is still a work in progress. I will add more as soon as I get more time. ^^
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline Nazzul

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 04:23:09 pm »
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=ssc-500012856777 this ones called Nazzul's army It has all my favorite things i made.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 04:27:40 pm »
Darth Grievi's Sporecast

All my pre-Spore creatures, from the Naukal, to the H'qur, to the Theans, to the Noasaurs, and many more!

Also contains two of Hydro's creatures, modified, and with proper credit.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 07:52:59 pm »
Darth Grievi's Sporecast

All my pre-Spore creatures, from the Naukal, to the H'qur, to the Theans, to the Noasaurs, and many more!

Also contains two of Hydro's creatures, modified, and with proper credit.

Thanks for crediting. I really do appreciate it.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008, 07:54:25 pm »
Your welcome. I used the Naucean and your Human (modified slightly to make an Areli)