Author Topic: IGN Editors Brainstorm Possibilities Of the Nintendo Revolution.  (Read 1487 times)

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
http://cube.ign.com/articles/651/651224p1.html

This article may be a little old (Written last month) but I just came across it and found it to be very interesting. It's a four page article written by IGN editors Matt Casamassina and Peer Schneider about how the Nintendo Revolution controller could be used in each genre of games; from racing, to FPS, to sports games. It really is a great article, and I recommend everyone takes a look at it.

I particularly liked what they had to say about Mario Party on the Revolution (On page 2). Here's part of what they had to say about it:

"Gamers could simply point to and pick up dice (with the peripheral's underbelly trigger), roll the pointer in their hand to juggle the dice on screen, and then let go of the trigger to send them flying. A seemingly simple enhancement, sure, but nevertheless the functionality would add an entirely refreshing level of interactivity to the stale genre."

What else really excites me is the idea of a multiplayer Mario Party Revolution over the Nintendo Wi-Fi connection. I personally would love the idea of playing Mario Party online with someone else.

Post what you guys think of the article as well. It'll be interesting to see what everyone else thinks of it. ;D

Offline Osama_Bin_Shot

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
Re: IGN Editors Brainstorm Possibilities Of the Nintendo Revolution.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 04:44:50 am »
I'm still not sure about the rev online.  The problem is most games from Nintendo were made for split screen, so could they really work in online.  I usually have more fun in split screen anyway, especially with games like Alien Hominid.  I still love BF2 though :D