Author Topic: Massive update to European Spore.com  (Read 3197 times)

Offline hikispore

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
    • Spore Nieuws
Massive update to European Spore.com
« on: October 27, 2008, 09:21:40 am »
From the Spore UK site:

We’'ve made a raft of updates to your Spore site. Login to check out all new the new functionality!

Buddies - Add your friends and see all of their achievements and Sporecasts!

To add a buddy, search for them in the Sporepedia and click on their name to view their profile.

Then click on the “Add Buddy” link to add them as a Buddy!

You can also remove Buddies by clicking on their name in your Buddies section and then clicking on the “Remove” link.

You can set the game to only use content from your Buddies when adding user-created content to your game. Check the game manual for more information.

Sporecasts - Create your own grouping of Spore content!
To create a Sporecast click on “Make Sporecast” in the Sporepedia then whilst viewing content add it to your Sporecast by selecting the “Add to Sporecast” function.
You can even subscribe to other people’s Sporecasts by clicking on the ‘Subscribe’ link when viewing someone else’s Sporecast.
Content from Sporecasts that you create and subscribe to will then have preferential treatment when your game adds new user-created content to your game.

Achievements - Check out all of your achievements in the game and,  more importantly, compare your achievements against your Buddies!
Click on the Spore Achievements link in the Sporepedia to see your Achievements and use the drop-down to compare against your Buddies.

Remember you need to login to use all of the new features!

The updates allready work on several European Spore sites like the official Dutch, German, French sites.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
Re: Massive update to European Spore.com
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 09:25:09 am »
They're finally catching up to the US servers I guess.

Offline eleazar

• Revenging Yar
    • View Profile
    • my spore creatures
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 10:37:06 am »
What's the point of having different sites for the various English speaking countries-- especially if they can't keep them all equally maintained.

Am i being a provincial American, or is this really a senseless duplication?  I realize spelling is a bit different, but it never bothers me to read things with british spelling.

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 11:19:57 am »
I've always used the US site anyway. XD
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline SpaceOddity

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Europan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 12:04:29 pm »
Seconded. :)

I don't understand the need for two sites in English either. In an ideal world there'd be one site, with an option to choose your preferred language.
<<<< Click to enter.

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 06:17:03 pm »
Am i being a provincial American, or is this really a senseless duplication?  I realize spelling is a bit different, but it never bothers me to read things with british spelling.

You mean CORRECT spelling.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 06:21:09 pm »
Seconded. :)

I don't understand the need for two sites in English either. In an ideal world there'd be one site, with an option to choose your preferred language.

Thirded

You mean CORRECT spelling.

Please don't :P
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Null

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 07:31:41 pm »

Because here in America, we speak American! I have actually heard that before. Some people may not make the connection that it is all English... younger ones, I guess...
English classes + English language = ? What? It is not called England anymore? UK, then. 

[That is sarcasm and humor FYI]
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 07:34:31 pm by Fledgeling »

Offline Ozymandias

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 07:37:17 pm »
I'm currently enjoying the new site, I can now finally make sporecasts, I could never find half the creations I wanted to add before, or find the add button on the us site.

Offline immortius

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 03:14:39 am »
I'm currently enjoying the new site, I can now finally make sporecasts, I could never find half the creations I wanted to add before, or find the add button on the us site.

On the US site you just drag and drop the thumbnail onto the sporecast button. I always felt that was a bit obscure though.