Author Topic: Your first Spore creature!  (Read 1664 times)

Offline DaMuncha

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
Your first Spore creature!
« on: September 03, 2008, 02:56:00 am »
I was wondering what everyone was going to make first.

1. Are you going to make a rereation of something you've seen?

2. A creature from a movie or TV?

3. Are you going to create a creature you have allready designed?

4. Or are you just going to evolve from Cell, add parts along the way, and see what pops out the other end?

Offline Gzillafan1

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
Re: Your first Spore creature!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 02:59:44 am »
A little bit of everything at once.Although,it would be had for me to recreate any of my creations cause they are all unique.

Offline Fobok

• Fishing Derby Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 03:12:57 am »
Just going to evolve. I've been playing with the Creature Creator enough to get any fully-formed ideas out of the way. :)

Offline Loerelau

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 03:38:58 am »
My creature is very different then I planned to because you have to find the right parts.

Offline CosmicD

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 04:01:28 am »
yeah that's the reason why I don't really want to aim to create something that is pre-set in my mind. I'll shape my creature as I go allong, cause I really want to play the evolution game first. then create later and start telling stories.

Offline morphian

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 04:04:11 am »
I'm pondering creating a race of herbivores that resemble bunnies, and then turning them into a war-thirst empire of galactic conquer and enslavement *does the bunny nose wrink*
See my evi...erm, not evil, honest..creations at:
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Hephaestus

Offline Allch Chcar

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • City of Refuge
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 04:10:37 am »
No Ph34r.
~ |CoR| Sgt-Allch Chcar*XP*

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 04:17:01 am »
I would really like to try to see if i could reproduce an Earth-like evolution for Earth terapods. I might have to skip cell however i think it might look a bit like this if i find the right parts.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb0ASE1ILM0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb0ASE1ILM0</a>

Offline raikitsune

• Intellivision Junkie
  • Ogbogistahni
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 04:35:10 am »
love the video hydro! very niiiice.

On another note I'm gonna attempt a style of play which i call "playing as Darwin" at some oint where i only allow my creature/cell to evolve based on the threats and environment it's in. So for example if my cell is continually attacked bu predators from behind (and yes that means trying to remember from which side you're most often attacked.) it will develop spikes there or should it be more evolved and runs into a similar problem it will develop faster means of propulsion. In creature it will react to things like "is the ground sandy" if so then the size of the foot needs to increase and an appropriate foot should be chosen (as in no sucker feet in sand due to the ecological nightmare that it may cause) and things like this. I do believe i will do that style of play more than a few times :)

Offline econundrum

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 05:03:41 am »
For me it's option 4, I will try to develop a cool looking creature with whatever is available to me (parts wise), at the time I may borrow ideas from my previous creations and other peoples but I expect the result to be unique.

I also intend to try and avoid anything as ugly as some of the reviewers have been producing when they first get to land and keep my creature looking as cool as possible throughout.

I also might take up raikitsune's idea of trying to mimic evolutionary preassures, I think it's a very cool way of playing.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 05:06:21 am by econundrum »
"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations."

David Friedman.

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/econundrum

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
  • Underwater Civs For President!
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 05:42:23 am »
I will probably just play with it and see what comes out :) That's what I usually do in CC. Sometimes I have a specific idea I construct the creature around, but a lot of the time I just pull here or there untill a shape emerges in my head.
I imagine since I wont have access to all the parts and it's a gradual process, that I will just "go with the flow" :)
It will probably be cute though :p

I'll edit this and post a picture of my lil tadpole here when I've created it on Friday ^^

Offline Haseri

• Elevator Action Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 08:38:14 am »
love the video hydro! very niiiice.

On another note I'm gonna attempt a style of play which i call "playing as Darwin" at some oint where i only allow my creature/cell to evolve based on the threats and environment it's in. So for example if my cell is continually attacked bu predators from behind (and yes that means trying to remember from which side you're most often attacked.) it will develop spikes there or should it be more evolved and runs into a similar problem it will develop faster means of propulsion. In creature it will react to things like "is the ground sandy" if so then the size of the foot needs to increase and an appropriate foot should be chosen (as in no sucker feet in sand due to the ecological nightmare that it may cause) and things like this. I do believe i will do that style of play more than a few times :)

That's what I'll be doing my first time through.

Offline LONEGUNNER

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 08:57:30 am »
 Im going to go with number 4. I went with what came from my head. but my ship i tryed to make the Reaper from the game Mass Effect. TBH turn the topic into a vote topic!!!

Ship turned our as good as it would. But only prob its flying backwards lol =/.

Offline LadyM

• Doom Space Marine
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 09:27:08 am »
Based on how I played at Maxis, I'll just wing it and create as I go. At least the first time while I get my bearings on how to play well. I'll also play on easy the first time. I found it rather hard to go with a preconceived idea but maybe you can. Maybe later I'll try to build a Mallen from the bottom up. Then I can make it a mean fighting machine.. rawr!
Rules-LadyMpire-YouTube-Twitter
Starbound and Minecraft server: ask me

Offline Doomsday

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 09:39:15 am »
Eh? I'll do whatever looks good to me. You're a bit strapped for DNA at the beginning. It probably doesn't get much better by the end.
drapOptimist's Sporepedia

"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley