Author Topic: Suggestions for changes to the game - discussion thread  (Read 32303 times)

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
    • The Official Randomness Productions Website
Re: Attn Maxis: Suggestions for changes to the game
« Reply #120 on: September 06, 2008, 08:37:10 pm »
I never have problems with Pirates because I was an aggressive creature. Again, people are not playing correctly.

Somehow I think something's a bit off with the game if there's a way to "play correctly." I wouldn't expect that in a Maxis game.
When I get the game I don't want to be aggressive, so I'll be sort of disappointed if the only enjoyable way to play is aggressively.
If there's a problem, I'm sure it'll be fixed.
That's my two cents.
Pokémon are creatures too.

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/VDlekjran
for the Kecleon, Poké Ball and Unown sets.

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 06, 2008, 08:57:14 pm »
I have a mision that says "colonise 2 star systems" , What 2 star systems? theyre all owned!. I managed to colonise 1 star system early on, but that only had 1 little colony and no defence and it got taken by the enemy who wont give it back. And how on earth do u take a planet? im fighting off the UFOs that are shooting me, and once theyre destroyed another fleet turns up.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 06, 2008, 08:58:44 pm »
I have a mision that says "colonise 2 star systems" , What 2 star systems? theyre all owned!. I managed to colonise 1 star system early on, but that only had 1 little colony and no defence and it got taken by the enemy who wont give it back. And how on earth do u take a planet? im fighting off the UFOs that are shooting me, and once theyre destroyed another fleet turns up.

It still counts if you buy/conquer a system from a neighbor. I only have to create one system because I bought out a star system. I think.. maybe I made a colony somewhere and forgot about it... lol
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Fobok

• Fishing Derby Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 06, 2008, 08:59:14 pm »
I haven't gotten the game yet to know if I'll have the difficulty problem, but I do agree I am disappointed that there doesn't seem to be a combat-free option. Seeing as this is a Maxis game.

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 06, 2008, 09:06:56 pm »
What was bad about tribe stage was I was trying to take the peaceful route, trying to be nice to everyone. And I kept getting attacked by the yellow tribe, so I had to defend my self, and that showed me as being agressive. agresive? for defending my self? And that tribe just wouldnt go peacefully, I couldnt take the peaceful route with them and had to wipe them all out.

As much as the game is polished and works great, there are problems with the game play.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 06, 2008, 09:11:58 pm »
What was bad about tribe stage was I was trying to take the peaceful route, trying to be nice to everyone. And I kept getting attacked by the yellow tribe, so I had to defend my self, and that showed me as being agressive. agresive? for defending my self? And that tribe just wouldnt go peacefully, I couldnt take the peaceful route with them and had to wipe them all out.

As much as the game is polished and works great, there are problems with the game play.

you have to donate food to them.. select a person and while in the Social Stance click on their food pile. This lets you give them a gift and if you do this enough you can get them to be your Ally without having to perform but you need a lot of food. I was trying to go peaceful too but they forced my hand so I went military and dominated them. 1 Social and 5 Military victories in that stage.
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Liquos

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 06, 2008, 10:18:23 pm »
Don't you have to mice spice on colonies?

Yes, if only you treat your colonists to delicious spiced mice, they will find the strength to serve you better and provide you with the money to conquer the galaxy.

I like you.

Offline Spore-addict

• Kaboom Boomer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 07, 2008, 03:24:54 am »
Hi

I have only played space stage for 2 hours and my hand is already bitching from all that stupid scrolling.
the normal scroll downwards and now an upwards scroll....really nice. NOOOOOOOOT

////Is going to try to use the x+spacebar and spacebar...is sick of that scrolling. (thanks for the tip)

There are many great space sims and many of them does this stage much better. Why cant we get a double click feature that directly sends us down on the surface? And the other way also when in planet view double click or assign a key on the keyboard to switch instantly to solar system view.

Just assign 4 keys....planet, solar system, a bit further out and then galaxy. How hard could that be.
The glamour of the scroll is really worthless after few minuttes then you dont care about it. all it does is downgrade the entire space stage.

When 99 % of the galaxy is never going to be seen for like all players what is the point of it?

I think they used way too much time to create this big space area which basically is just a lot of dots that gets created when you come closer..

Other issues which I have not myself faced but will soon. How to keep track of all the systems...that is going to be harder and harder. It sure dont seem easy just when going few hours into it!

Other points

1. Why should we go down on every freaking planet views to collect spice! STUUUUUUUUUUUPIIID.

This is another point that gets frustrating REALLY fast.

2. Why not let the player make some city layouts like economical, military and or religous.
So when we start a new city, you could use a default for that city so that is taken off our hands.

I am quite sure that going down into each city to select buildings is a disaster! I really dont want to be bothered with that. Just lay out the optimal build, I have shown on other cities...but nooo it must be done in each city. This is really also going to be boring. Repetive and well Not what spore is supposed to be.

I will end this rant about space stage with a hope for a MOD that will solve that scroll issue and the spice collecting, city layouts issues!

There sure are need of a good mod or patch for that matter!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 03:36:45 am by Spore-addict »
Master Raytracer Spore-addict = KarmaCowboy

See you out there, feel free to comment my creatures.

Offline Fobok

• Fishing Derby Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 07, 2008, 03:35:03 am »
I haven't even gotten the game yet and I know there's keyboard shortcuts to replace using the scrollwheel.

Not that I really understand the problem. Maybe it's the scrollwheel sensitivity? Because many, many, many other games use of the scroll wheel is pretty much a constant, especially RTS games, and I've never seen anybody complain about it.

Offline Spore-addict

• Kaboom Boomer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 07, 2008, 03:38:19 am »
I am a rts veteran and NEVER use the scrollwheel in rts. So it is not something you use all the time in rts. Yes in FPS you use it a lot but that is one way. Like downwards scroll not upwards scroll.

Has found out about the keys to do it but I still dont like it at all.
Master Raytracer Spore-addict = KarmaCowboy

See you out there, feel free to comment my creatures.

Offline SporeForSure

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 07, 2008, 03:47:15 am »
First: There are 2 keys for zooming directly to the different zoom positions.

And i agree, you should not have to zoom all the way in to collect spice. Just visiting a star should pop them into your inventory, same goes for diplomacy: you should be able to talk to a species without goin all the way in.

All the rest should require zooming, but zooming should be MUCH faster, preferably the game would have a switchable zoom mode between the old mode and a new fast zoom mode.
”It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring” (Dr. Carl Sagan)

Offline spiritofcat

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Ta-da!
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 07, 2008, 07:01:20 am »
One of the keyboard shortcuts for zooming is + and - on the number pad.
I reach over with the thumb of my right (mousing) hand and hold them down to zoom rather than using the mousewheel.

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 07, 2008, 07:17:39 am »
WW wanted the Space stage to feel like the Powers of 10.

Offline nurizeko

• Battlezone Captain
  • Ske-RWOAWR! >:3
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 07, 2008, 07:37:45 am »
I wanted space stage to feel like I could go exploring while my empire overall manages itself, go figure.

Offline immortius

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 07, 2008, 08:28:08 am »
Home and End buttons, my friend, Home and End.