Author Topic: Suggestions for changes to the game - discussion thread  (Read 36247 times)

Offline LONEGUNNER

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
Suggestions for changes to the game - discussion thread
« on: September 02, 2008, 05:03:12 pm »
Maxis needs to tweak a few things. If there one thing that i really hate ATM. Its being attacked every 1min to 3 min. EVERY 1-3 min one or a few of ya planets get attacked. And that not all. Ya allys get attacked often enough. Would not matter if i had some type of auto, if not a slow cash flow. But i have to do missions or trade etc. Hard enough trying to get missions done with a set timer. Get 3-7 min mission timer, for a damn good number of missions. Before the mission fails. Thus pissing the aliens off even more...

Brings me to another point. Every time they attack. They get a little "main" ship (like mine only weaker, depends how advanced they are), and 4-5 little support ships. Thats if its one little fleet. Sometimes its 2-4. Yet i cannot at least buy a little support group? Sure, i can add alliance members to my fleet. But its not really enough >_>. Plus takes a while to have more and more alliance members. Only got two ATM. Errrr. Like you cannot like Allie with 10 different people and have ten to a fleet. Much like in the other stages how as you go along in the stage. you can add more and more to ya tribe raid group, or creatures hunting pack.

Last thing i like to point out. Is that it seems my Empire is the only one WITHOUT ships to protect its own planet? But the OTHER Empires will send fighters to shoot on sight.

I'm not sure if they should add in so ya can buy a little support group. Or add in an auto type cash flow. Or even tone down the amount of attacks on my planets and allies (if its not an enemy, its a fleet of Pirates..), so i can gets some damn missions done.

So with you trying to save your empire from attack after attack. Your trying to get missions done to get some real Sporebucks (Sb's), and make them aliens happy.

That brings me to the next thing i will point out. With all this going on. Its even harder to colonize. And harder again to set em up by making that Atmosphere. All costs Sb's. and its pretty damn hard making Sb's without dealing with an attack every 60 seconds or so.

I am not sure. I don't really have an idea how to improve this. Don't get me wrong. I love Spore so far. I give it a 9/10 as a whole. But space stage a 6/10 due to the attack after attack after attack!

Guess i might add. There should be an ability to buy and order a small,medium,large attack on a planet. Cos like I said. Its funny how, when an Empire attacks, they get 2-5 fleets to attack ya planet (5 ships to a fleet as i said).

In the end. If you choose to be an aggressive Empire. your going to have a hell of a hard time. And I'm only semi aggressive now.

Edit: lots of bad spelling. My bad.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 05:51:52 am by LadyM »

Offline Pietoro

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia
Re: Attn Maxis: Suggestions for changes to the game
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 05:12:09 pm »
Hm, you don't get money from colonies?
"Ooh rabba la dee teeb, ooh babba labba squeeb!"

Offline SporeKevin

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 05:16:21 pm »
It'd help if you indicated what difficulty you played at and any other start conditions.   You suggested right at the end that you were 'semi-aggressive', which hints at something, but, it isn't obvious when a bug report should be (obvious, bluntly obvious if you can).

Offline LONEGUNNER

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 05:18:46 pm »
I been aggressive all way through. And its on Normal. Not a bug really. Just an annoyance .

Once you all get Spore. The people who want to be aggressive will wish to god they could buy an attack force.

Edit: And no. Your colonies don't give a slow cash flow. You need to visit planet by planet. Unless i was missing something. And maybe later i can have someone do it for me and trade/sell it for me. But we don't even get ships to protect and attack with. why would we get a ship to go to each planet?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 05:21:47 pm by LONEGUNNER »

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 05:21:25 pm »
Sounds like a nasty bug. Did you attack them first, though?
Axel's Playground - Come see what I'm playing with today.

Offline LONEGUNNER

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 05:23:26 pm »
When i say i am "semi aggressive". It might suggest so :P. I am not fully aggressive like i wanted to be for Obvious reasons.

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 05:25:16 pm »
So you attacked them first and now you're dealing with the repercussions? Awesome. I was worried that it was that you just got spontaneously attacked.

Offline GameManic

• Dragster Diehard
  • I can't let you leave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 05:26:46 pm »
Well that is disappointing.  I suspected that the space stage would end up like that.  Just you and your UFO which doesn't make much sense from combat oriented stand point.  I always hate it when strategy games totally go out of their way to make it feel like you ARE the player and they are the computer going out of its way to make the experience fell "artificial".  However most of the other stages do look like they are fun and perhaps it is just the space stage that has this whole "only empire without fleets feel."
"Listen, I mean that from my knowledge of the world that I see around me, I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence."
-Richard Feynman

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 05:27:23 pm »
Don't you have to mine spice on colonies?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 05:33:34 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 05:29:09 pm »
I think I'm going to end up spending a lot of time in my home system, building colonies there. Y'know, boost the income factor there before I wander into the galaxy so that if I get strong-armed, I at least have the option of buying my way out.

Offline eleazar

• Revenging Yar
    • View Profile
    • my spore creatures
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 05:31:25 pm »
Don't you have to mice spice on colonies?

Yes, if only you treat your colonists to delicious spiced mice, they will find the strength to serve you better and provide you with the money to conquer the galaxy.

Offline LONEGUNNER

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 05:31:37 pm »
So you attacked them first and now you're dealing with the repercussions? Awesome. I was worried that it was that you just got spontaneously attacked.

I don't think you are seeing what i am seeing. I guess thats what happends. You attack them with one ship, they attack with 10-15 or more. Right now i am playing the Space stage the Opposite to how i wanted. Instead of mashing faces i am kissing every aliens ass i come across.

People who want to go full aggressive wont like the idea of the enemy ordering fleets on ya planets while there stuck with an attack force of 1 maybe three really depends how far in you are.

Oh hey, lets not forget how when they attack. You are the sole defending SHIP. if you somehow had enough SBs to blow on pimping ya city with turrents (lol), it will be a snap i guess.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 05:34:01 pm by LONEGUNNER »

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 05:34:16 pm »
Well then, I'll probably be playing on easy...

Or maybe using a cheat or two...

Offline Ghidoran

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
    • Ghidoran's Diablo 3 Fansite
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 05:35:14 pm »
In the PC Gamer review the same thing was stated. To be the game's biggest, stupidet, most easily fixable flaw.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die

best spore game http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=926714&topic=43989778

Offline Protoavis

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2008, 05:36:50 pm »
if you somehow had enough SBs to blow on pimping ya city with turrents (lol), it will be a snap i guess.

then stop attacking others and doing mission while you mine on colonies to make a stack of turrents?
"Oh mummy, the bad man said bad things, please mummy...mummy" said the 20+ yr old man.