Author Topic: Episode 23 Posted  (Read 7200 times)

Offline Atari Man

• Brain Games Mastermind
  • >[insert catchy phrase here]<
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 23 Posted
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2005, 11:28:48 am »
Well they certainly bad mouthed Perfect Dark 0 alot, was it really that bad? Great podcast though!

Offline Osama_Bin_Shot

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2005, 01:43:43 pm »
I love the long length for this one.  The 360 discussion also changed many of my expectations for the system.

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2005, 03:12:32 pm »
Yeah, I literally LOLed a few times when Steve was like "Yeah, and" and then somebody would butt in.

Keep in mind that I was the "host" and could easily have talked over anyone since I was talking to a microphone and everyone else was on the phone, so I just let them talk. Next time I'll try to record my channel separately and then just take those out.
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2005, 03:13:27 pm »
Well they certainly bad mouthed Perfect Dark 0 alot, was it really that bad? Great podcast though!

You can make your own judgement on this one, but I would say don't preorder it. Wait until it comes out and there are some reviews and/or you can play it before you buy it.
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline Toshipaine

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
    • web - music - art :: kxmode
Terms of Services Revealed!
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2005, 06:28:54 pm »
From http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/legal/termsofuse.shtml

ADVERTISING

Posting commercial solicitations and/or advertisements for goods and service available outside of the World of Warcraft universe.

AKA Buying WOW gold from eBay or IGE.com

Sending repeated unsolicited or unwelcome messages to a single user or repeatedly posting similar messages in a Chat area, including but not limited to continuous advertisements to sell goods or services;

You know all that WTB, WTS Spam in Ogrimmar and Iron Forge? According to the above you're not allow to do this.

ID NUMBERS

Blizzard Entertainment has the right to obtain certain identification information about your computer and its operating system, including the identification numbers of your hard drives, central processing unit, IP addresses and operating systems, for identification purposes without any further notice to you.

The only way to do something like this is with spyware. The fact that they have "without any further notice to you" would seem to indicate they have spyware on your system.

THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE

A. WHEN RUNNING, THE WORLD OF WARCRAFT CLIENT MAY MONITOR YOUR COMPUTER'S RANDOM ACCESS MEMORY (RAM) AND/OR CPU PROCESSES FOR UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAMS RUNNING CONCURRENTLY WITH WORLD OF WARCRAFT.

Spyware.

IN THE EVENT THAT WORLD OF WARCRAFT DETECTS AN UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM, BLIZZARD MAY (a) COMMUNICATE INFORMATION BACK TO BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION YOUR ACCOUNT NAME, DETAILS ABOUT THE UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM DETECTED, AND THE TIME AND DATE THE UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM WAS DETECTED; AND/OR (b) EXERCISE ANY OR ALL OF ITS RIGHTS UNDER SECTION 6 OF THIS AGREEMENT, WITH OR WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE TO THE USER.

Caught red-handed! Spyware!

G. The use of any "user interface" other than the user interface that is included in the World of Warcraft Software ("Third Party User Interface") is not recommended by Blizzard Entertainment, and you hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless Blizzard Entertainment from all claims, damages, and other losses which may arise from your use of a Third Party User Interface. At such time that Blizzard elects to post a list of approved Third-Party User Interfaces on its website, you agree that you will use only those Third-Party User Interfaces approved by Blizzard, and that you will use no other Third-Party User Interfaces in connection with World of Warcraft.

In other words Blizzard is saying we don't like Addon and only tolerate it for now until we can "post a list of approved Third-Party User Interfaces on its website" at which time "you agree that you will use only those Third-Party User Interfaces approved by" us; very draconian if you ask me. It begs the question what happens when your favorite Addon is not on Blizzard's list?

Offline LouishB

• Breakout Battler
  • I'd rather be playing Choplifter or Beer Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2005, 10:35:07 am »
I'm surprised there was no comment on the xbox 360 PSU... Is it true that it's big?  That would explain the light weight of the console itself eh?