Author Topic: Two Questions  (Read 4723 times)

Offline Mighdas

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Cybertronian God
    • View Profile
Two Questions
« on: September 01, 2008, 07:57:58 pm »
My first question is, does anyone know exactly when the "How to Build a Better Being" Documentary Will show on National Geographic in the USA? In Eastern Standard Time? Because I need to know when to set my DVR to Record

My second question is a Doozy:

I have been Waiting for Spore since 2005, and my parents have agreed that it will be mine since I have been waiting so long for it, on the condition that I help my ** year old Brother with his homework and projects all year without complaining. My problem is, I made a mistake and showed him the TED 2007 Video, and he instantly took a liking to it. Now, there are two Computers in my house, My Dad's office computer, which my family rarely uses, and My computer, which everyone else uses. Even still, we are competing to use it, so we are getting my brother, who is 3 years younger than me by the way, a new computer soon. My question is, when I get Spore, will I be able to install it on both computers (mine and my brothers) and have both of us play online at the same time, or would that somehow violate the EULA or DRM system? (we both have separate EA accounts by the way) It will be a CD, not a Digital Download.

EDIT: Disregard question number 1, it is on Sept 9 at 10 pm.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 08:20:13 pm by Mighdas »

Offline j99450

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Eagle42 on Sporepedia
    • View Profile
Re: Two Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 08:01:10 pm »
1.IIRC sometime sunday night

2.You get 3 installs, but only one account per copy of Spore.

Offline Mighdas

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Cybertronian God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 08:03:22 pm »
My CC has two accounts on it though.

Offline j99450

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Eagle42 on Sporepedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 08:06:32 pm »
I was just going off what has been said about Spore's DRM, so its not quarantined to be accurate.

Offline Crowster

• Defender Devotee
  • It's Crow-Time, Baby!
    • View Profile
    • The Adventures of Crow-Man
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 08:07:54 pm »
You register your copy of Spore under one of the two EA accounts, and you can't register a piece of software twice.

One account per copy. If you wanted two accounts, you'd actually have to pay for a second copy.

Offline Mighdas

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Cybertronian God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 08:10:07 pm »
Still, what about my CC, I has mine and my brothers account on it, or is it a different situation?

Offline Notorious B.O.B

• Venture Conqueror
  • I still live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 08:20:25 pm »
If I remember correctly (and, like an elephant, I always do <_<>_> ) You get 3 installs per disk/account/whatever, and if you uninstall, you get them back (i.e., you change computers, you can uninstall on your old one, and install on the new one, and it just uses the 1 install you got from uninstalling it on the old one).
As far as accounts, I'm not sure, but methinks you can use many accounts, you don't have 1 account per install.  Though, I could be wrong!  It's happened before!
Leave to a Thark his head and one hand and he may yet conquer.

The glass is alway in balance and full: half liquid, half gas.

Visit my Sporepedia page! http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Bob_Of_Mars

Offline Mighdas

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Cybertronian God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 08:21:22 pm »
But can it be on two computers at the same time? Man, I wish Caryl would post an answer, so I'd know for sure.

Offline Crowster

• Defender Devotee
  • It's Crow-Time, Baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 08:24:28 pm »
If I remember correctly (and, like an elephant, I always do <_<>_> ) You get 3 installs per disk/account/whatever, and if you uninstall, you get them back (i.e., you change computers, you can uninstall on your old one, and install on the new one, and it just uses the 1 install you got from uninstalling it on the old one).
As far as accounts, I'm not sure, but methinks you can use many accounts, you don't have 1 account per install.  Though, I could be wrong!  It's happened before!

http://www.simphoni.net/2008/08/video-spore-community-day-demo/
http://www.simphoni.net/podcast/SIMphoniPodcastSporeCommunityDay.mp3

Watch that video, and listen to that podcast. Two very disappointing things are stated.

1 account per copy, and you don't get an activation back if you uninstall. The "get an activation back" bit was a hopeful rumor, because it would have actually made sense.

Offline j99450

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Eagle42 on Sporepedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 08:29:12 pm »
I'm lazy(and its late), but do they specifically say "you don't get your activations back"?

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2008, 08:34:39 pm »
Thats just begging for piracy, not hindering it.

Offline Crowster

• Defender Devotee
  • It's Crow-Time, Baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2008, 08:45:50 pm »
I'm lazy(and its late), but do they specifically say "you don't get your activations back"?

Yes. It's fairly late in the podcast, but yes, they specifically say that the question came up, and specifically say that no, uninstalling does not reset your activations.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2008, 09:50:11 pm »
My first question is, does anyone know exactly when the "How to Build a Better Being" Documentary Will show on National Geographic in the USA? In Eastern Standard Time? Because I need to know when to set my DVR to Record

EDIT: Disregard question number 1, it is on Sept 9 at 10 pm.

Cool thanks, didn't know they were having that on TV. :)

Offline Notorious B.O.B

• Venture Conqueror
  • I still live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2008, 10:03:14 pm »

Yes. It's fairly late in the podcast, but yes, they specifically say that the question came up, and specifically say that no, uninstalling does not reset your activations.

Curses!!!  I knew I should have listened/watched those in there entirety!!  DARN you EA!!  DARN YOU STRAIGHT TO HECK!!!
The Maxis team is still cool though.
Leave to a Thark his head and one hand and he may yet conquer.

The glass is alway in balance and full: half liquid, half gas.

Visit my Sporepedia page! http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Bob_Of_Mars

Offline Blulightning

• Bezerk Brawler
  • Radioactive Kitty!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2008, 10:06:47 pm »
The topic creator didn't get his question answered.....

YES, you can install on two computers at once, and since you already have two accounts, you should be able to play at the same time with absolutely no problems.

Don't worry about it. You're fine. Tell your bro to play on the crappy computer. hehe :D