Author Topic: Three, no, six, erm zero (?) days left ? I give up (Damn you EA !)  (Read 38828 times)

Offline Orgull

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
Re: Three, no, six, erm zero (?) days left ? I give up (Damn you EA !)
« Reply #180 on: September 04, 2008, 01:15:33 pm »
Indeed. I just went to Future Shop here in Canada and they have SPORE in store but won't sell it 'till Sunday, the bastiges.

Sigh. Hopefully I can get Sunday off at least.

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 04, 2008, 01:17:57 pm »
it's tommorow here, i'm really exited. ;D

Offline Qwwe

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • NEED! NEED! NEED!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 04, 2008, 01:21:33 pm »
Happy 4th! Hmm.. now to wait 3 more days for me :(. Anyways, congrats to you over there!

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 04, 2008, 01:27:00 pm »
Got it today, played 1.5 hour, gtg to bed now :P So far I think cell phase was more fun than creature phase, its to easy in creature. There are a few things I am missing, like when will ate and walked at the same time to make the Willosaur drag the body, that doesn't work :( But overall its great :D It will never meet the expectations it has gotten after so many years, but its an awesome game.
@davidramnero

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 04, 2008, 01:29:00 pm »
sigh, i'm just looking back at 05 and thinking, thats spore2

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 04, 2008, 01:33:18 pm »
sleep on it, get up make breakfast lunch and dinner all at once and take them too you computer and sit there all day.

Offline morphian

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 04, 2008, 01:36:01 pm »
heh, I have little choice but to wait til afternoon when I sneak off from work ;)
See my evi...erm, not evil, honest..creations at:
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Hephaestus

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 04, 2008, 01:36:44 pm »
yeh i'll be getting it when i get back from school.

Offline aligon

• Tron User
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 04, 2008, 03:25:30 pm »
AAgh! It's so hard to read all these reviews and know that I still have 4 or 5 days to wait before I can get my hands on this thing!!!  ;)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 04:10:16 pm by aligon »

As Inevitable as Life Itself. Spread the Joy.

My Sporepedia page:
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Aligon

The Agnoculus:
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=7619.0

Offline Techleo

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 04, 2008, 04:06:43 pm »
 Technically this day is almost over. 2 days until I can play it in the USA ;D Just downloading it in the evening on Saturday then straight to playing sunday morning ;D 48 hours and BAM! Shes MINE! :)

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 04, 2008, 05:10:04 pm »
 :( :-\ :-[ :'(
i cannot take it! i cant wait till the 7th!!
I NEED A HUG!!!
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 04, 2008, 05:42:59 pm »
*gives Skyward a hug*

I'm in the same boat as you, buddy...

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 04, 2008, 05:49:32 pm »
Well I'm looking at my Download Manager and seeing 4 hours left.
To stay up all night, or wait until morning?

Thats gonig to be a looooong 4 hours.

Offline Verkinix

• Brain Games Mastermind
  • SelfControl is the Greatest Power We Have. Use it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 04, 2008, 06:50:03 pm »
So.. umm.. what's EAs' logic in different release dates? What could they hope to gain by shipping to US stores and then making them "sit" on it until sunday (which will turn into wednesday or thursday for most retailers)? I honestly question the competency level of the marketing people who EA hires. Many people think "why should I have to wait when others already have" and these are many of the 61k people downloading the game via torrents.

Further, why would they make the security software limited to 3 non deactivatable (if thats even a word) installations? So someone like me who upgrades their computer sometimes 2-3 times a year will have to attempt to get ahold of someone in customer support (which is notorious for being non existant among EA) in order to reinstall the game once the 3 installations are done.

I dunno, I'm constantly getting less excited about this game that I once thought would be the end all, be all game in my collection. IF I could get it now like the rest of the world, I would be thrilled. But in a few days, my enthusiasm will be greatly reduced (especially as I think of SecuROM and 3 installation limit) and I may just wait until the game hits the bargain bin in 10 years. I figure I've already watched my ultimate game become less, potentially then it was (things like removing the sea phase between the cell phase and creature phase and combinational verbs like biting and moving to drag). I guess I cant say I'm surprised. Everything EA touches puts profits ahead of customer satisfaction and ultimately gimps the thing that should have been great. The reviews support this. Spore should have, IMO, had many perfect or near perfect scores. I've seen only a few that were decent. Many had indicated "disappointment" from the potential.

Anyway, maybe its my time to give up on games in general and start doing things that are actually worthwhile in life. I suppose I can tip my hat toward EA for bringing me to this realization.

Take care all!

Offline Crowster

• Defender Devotee
  • It's Crow-Time, Baby!
    • View Profile
    • The Adventures of Crow-Man
« Reply #194 on: September 04, 2008, 07:00:04 pm »
So.. umm.. what's EAs' logic in different release dates? What could they hope to gain by shipping to US stores and then making them "sit" on it until sunday (which will turn into wednesday or thursday for most retailers)? I honestly question the competency level of the marketing people who EA hires. Many people think "why should I have to wait when others already have" and these are many of the 61k people downloading the game via torrents.

It's not just EA. This is the gaming industry. Often times, with the big name titles, they will street date the game and ship it out early.

It's not just about pleasing the fans when it comes to these companies. It's a numbers game. Games are often street dated like this for many reasons. They want the game to be released a certain time of the week to make their numbers look better, or want their release to coincide with a competitor's game to try and stifle sales. Sometimes they will build up a level of hype around the game and turn the release into a huge event, like Halo 3 or GTA IV.

It's just how the game industry works, and with the hype surrounding Spore, it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that it was given a hard street date here in the US.