Author Topic: Subscribe  (Read 18477 times)

Offline Whosawhatsis

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
    • Spore profile
Re: Subscribe
« Reply #90 on: September 02, 2008, 09:38:29 am »
I'm hoping they have some kind of "highest rated" option I can pick for pollinating my universe, because I don't just want gamingsteve member's creatures, and I'm a little too lazy to go find the people who make the best creatures and manually add them to a list (which kind of ruins the whole surprise of seeing a cool creature, since you've already basically handpicked it from sporepedia)
Get ready for a game full of trains, castles, and whack-a-mole machines.
Check out my Spore creations.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 02, 2008, 09:42:24 am »
From my first experience of the in-game sporepedia:

You can search and add "Buddies" - It presents you with a list of usernames containing your seach word. ie. "Darcie" returns 5 or 6 different users but I selected the GS one  ;)

Then the game downloads ALL the creatures of that user. But you can select in Options to download only creatures made in the last xx Days (up to 60 days old) or All of them.
It's a bit slow but you can do other things at the same time.

There is another option to remove creatures you downloaded if they haven't been used after xx days (also up to 60)

In my first planet I played on Hard setting. The pool phase is very hard but I managed to finish as Omnivore (ie. eat both plants and meat in equal amounts)
I gained the "Aluminium Cell" Badge . You can also see all your buddies achievements.

Once on land I first met a few Maxis Alpha creatures. Easy ones. But any firther away from the nest I met some Darcie's and Parkaboy's and they were aggressive.

You can't rate thumbs up in game but you can leave comments. ( i left a couple)

Any questions about subscribtions just ask.

nice! Glad the sporecasts are well organized like that :)

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 02, 2008, 09:48:59 am »
You have the game, Ondaderthad?  If so, add me (Kenotai) just for kicks, I make a few good creatures.  I assume you can remove them later.
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline ashevm

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
  • We are the creature makers
    • View Profile
    • Longcount
« Reply #93 on: September 02, 2008, 09:51:16 am »
Yeah, he has. I make mostly realistic (aka no coffee tables or things that don't plausible) creatures, so you can add me if you want. The username is Moreira. if you do add me let me know if you run into any of 'em! xD

Offline beta592

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 03, 2008, 02:35:28 pm »
I'm with Necrox on this one. I wanted to try that very same thing. Especially since I will be sharing with my wife and she wants to go in a different direction than me.

I admit that I haven't read all of the pages on this thread but has anyone given thought to creating a GamingSteve sporecast long the lines that is being discussed in this forum?

http://www.hookedonspore.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4127

I really don't want to have to go the manual route if I don't need too.

Offline Gooey Kablooie

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Ummmm, nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 03, 2008, 02:57:19 pm »
Before the sporepedia went down I had added a lot of people from here and different things I'm familiar with like Parkaboy, Mindmuncher, and Manicmoose(all because I read the same blog) and Spaceoddities' stuff because I've always read that blog as well annd then anyone who has stuff that I consider really outstanding from this forums sporepedia exchange like Pietoro or Taco I also added
as for me I keep deleting my own creatures and making new ones when I don't feel they meet my standards(which turns in to a vicious circle) but I plan on working really hard with the actual game since I don't think I can find the same amount of inspiration within just the CC
anyways, for anyone interested my account name is Abomolith :)

Offline Ondaderthad

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
    • Area32 - Westgate Builders
« Reply #96 on: September 03, 2008, 09:14:38 pm »
Any tips on how sporecasts work?
The printed manual mentions Sporecasts on the left bar of sporepedia (both online and in-game) but I can't see it at the moment.

I'm guessing Sporecasts will not be exposed until the game is officially launched.

Sporecasts start showing on the Sporepedia page. They are more like thematic collections made by different players. I think you have to add each item (creature, vehicles, etc..) manually one at a time. But you can be more specific than the buddy system.

For example someone could make a sporecast of only blue creatures (or red, or robots, objects etc..) I think you choose it when you start a new game there is a drop down menu called "Theme"

I am sure some people here on GS will be making good sporecasts.

Offline Gzillafan1

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 04, 2008, 12:15:36 am »
My creations are appearing in other peoples Sporecasts.It flattering and all but how are people going to know that I made it? Is this happening to anyone else?

Offline Fobok

• Fishing Derby Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2008, 12:25:50 am »
Why wouldn't they know you made it? The Sporepedia card will still show you as the creator.

Offline Gzillafan1

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 04, 2008, 12:28:50 am »
Haha oops,your right.I guess that'll do it.Thanks

Offline Kenobro

• Space Harrier
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2008, 11:58:59 am »
I will subscribe to everyone here. In return, I ask people toa dd me to their sporecast.

Quote from: Grazony
Thanks Kenobro. :)

Offline aligon

• Tron User
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2008, 03:22:03 pm »
Just a quick question. I don't have the game yet, but is there some way to simply say: Pollinate my universe with everything from sporepedia, just as long as it's high-rated, or has many comments, or something like that? I'm not sure I want to go and find every single GS member and add him manually to my list...

As Inevitable as Life Itself. Spread the Joy.

My Sporepedia page:
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Aligon

The Agnoculus:
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=7619.0

Offline Nazzul

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2008, 06:00:48 pm »
Im definitly going to try to find good gamingsteve members. Though I think I need to improve my creatures a great deal best one of mine is in my sig.

Offline Ondaderthad

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
    • Area32 - Westgate Builders
« Reply #103 on: September 04, 2008, 07:59:09 pm »
Why wouldn't they know you made it? The Sporepedia card will still show you as the creator.

Not only the sporepedia in-game version, but also in your mission screen, and during play if you click on the creature itself. And a few other places as well.

I also noticed that if you look at one of your buddies info page you see messages about buddies they added to their game, creatures that were killed or charmed, etc..
Adding buddies is an easy 2 clicks process. I think you need a dozen to get a good selection of different styles and if you set the options to cull older creatures you keep the game always with fresh content.

@ aligon
I don't think you can select the creatures by rating only. Actually there is no thunbs up/down in the game itself. My guess is that it's replaced by a count of how many times the creature has been interacted with by other players.
And the game would select the best creature to fit a given situation ie. your play style.

Back to the exact original topic:
Subscribe

My list of buddies consist so far of:

Parkaboy
Hydromancerx
LadyM
Darcie
smsjjames
WeatherMAN23
Pietoro
Necrox
DaMuncha

plus a couple of family members ;-)

Offline rustybrazenfire

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 04, 2008, 09:39:26 pm »
What about a GS contest?  Give some criteria, have fellow GS posters make some stuff that meets that criteria and link to it, add it to a Sporecast... instant cohesion on your stuff, plus some of us less active Gaming Steve members can show off our stuff and maybe get some good feedback.  Kind of like a best of what I can do type of thing.