Author Topic: "SporeTalk to calm down for a little while" and my anger venting rant.  (Read 9127 times)

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
  • You know what the payment is...
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
Re: "SporeTalk to calm down for a little while" and my anger venting rant.
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2005, 03:37:33 pm »
I agree with DevilMachine. There doesn't seem like that much to say about Spore at the moment, and it suprises me that people are still going on so strongly about it with the wild speculation and whatnot. I too don't post all that much in this forum, and I've pretty much stopped playing the forum games. Of course, to each his own, and I'm not hurt in any way by all the people posting here, so keep it up if you really want to.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2005, 03:40:35 pm »
its not a good sign when you click the 'Show unread posts since last visit' link and the vast majority of threads come from the Spore board, it just doesnt seem right.

Do what I do. Just go by the filled in little lever things and the "NEW" icons. Don't even check the Spore board.

and it suprises me that people are still going on so strongly about it with the wild speculation and whatnot.

Keep in mind that there are new people who haven't been speculating for the entire time that you have.

And Samog, lighten up. He hasn't done anything trollish. He's just stated his opinion.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 03:42:09 pm by 762 »

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2005, 06:08:36 pm »
Well, I never did post much in the Spore forum but I do read it all. Although I'm looking forward to the game, I never speculated too much about what all it will do. The surprise of what happens will be much more fun. I think there is still so much new spore posts because new members want to talk about it and some of us have been there done that. In the meantime, I still enjoy the forum games.  ;)

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2005, 08:48:42 pm »
There's no need to flame him, even though he invited you. I feel the exact same way as he does. He put his opinion out there and you should respect it and not ridicule it. Honestly, just be nice.

But, you have to realize that this forum has been as successful as it is so far for 2 reasons: because there's such a great community and because there's a whole big place to talk about Spore.

I don't think that Spore has taken over, but I do believe that Spore should be kept inside the Spore forum, which has been done well so far.

Your opinion is stupid and dumb. And it sucks, and you should die  :P
There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.

Offline jarnomiedema

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2005, 03:47:33 am »

Oh, and clearly yours isn't..  :o

Anyway, I think it's a tribute to Gaming Steve that his board has become the central hub for all things about Spore. I can understand that those of you who've been around here longer don't really appreciate this relatively new board taking over, but hey: aparently there's demand for it.. Otherwise no-one would come here.. I agree with you that things have slowed down recently and that topics are being brought up again and again by people who haven't yet discovered the search button, but I say: just ignore it..

I really like to speculate about all things Spore. I find myself thinking about it at least once a week and coming up with something that I'd like to see in the final game. And that's exactly why this part of Gaming Steve's forum is so great. So, if you don't want to see all this stuff about Spore, just don't pay attention to it. If you do, just do as I do and check around here every so often and comment..

Offline MorgothTheEnemy

• Revenging Yar
  • I will find the ring...and eat it FOR THE EMPEROR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2005, 04:11:06 am »
I just am not here much because i have school.....

I sure wish Steve would just give us some damn info instead of "Its a dark period at Maxis and they are reallly working on the game so we wont be hereing anything about Spore until January (January= millions of years)."

Give us good Spore talk!!!!!! (please :))
Ash Nazg Durbatuluk,
Ash Nazg Gimbatul,
Ash Nazg Thrakatuluk,
Ag Burzum-Ishi Krimpatul!!!

"Then his neighbors looked good, so I gobbled them up too."
                                                                             -762
http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/index.htm

Offline happydan20

• Venture Conqueror
  • Discovered the "everything syndrome."
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2005, 09:36:52 am »
Spore is really what got this site started.  I can only speak for myself but the reason i come here and the reason I listen to the podcasts are for spore and spore alone.  I miss the way it was in the beginning when Steve was an insider with insider information.  Even in the podcasts hes becoming more and more like some guy with an opinion that has no more weight then mine.  In the beginning he talked about reviews from angles that most reviews don't have, now its the opinion that doesn't carry weight ay different from my own.

In my opinion its all losing the edge it used to have, back when this forum started every topic was something new to discuss, now its just new people going through that "new discussion" that I've seen a thousand times.

I know steve cant be at fault for not having the info, but for me it's all about spore, as that focus shifts so does my enjoyment of the site.
I survived the flood of 2008 and all I got was this crappy homelessness.

Offline aquaman

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Must...Get....SPORE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2005, 09:43:15 am »
What he is suppose to talk about when he doesn't know any info?

Offline happydan20

• Venture Conqueror
  • Discovered the "everything syndrome."
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2005, 10:27:44 am »
perhaps i was unlcear i was talking about two separate issues. one would be the shifts away from spore, which as you said isnt really his fault.

The other, the way his show has changed from the beginning.  His angle is now no different then mine if  someone asks about a game, i talk about my opinions for a while.  He used to have insider info or talked about games from a designer perspective or talked about what he personally knew about things.

All I'm really trying to say is that spore is the glue of this site in my opinion, as was his unique style.  Now its just the sme watered down commentary I can get anywhere else.  I used to get something unique from this site, not anymore.
I survived the flood of 2008 and all I got was this crappy homelessness.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2005, 12:46:29 pm »

Oh? Would you care to elaborate on this? Maybe support this comment?

Offline DevilMachine

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Defender of the Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2005, 12:52:42 pm »
I would like to think that he was being sarcastic.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2005, 12:59:08 pm »
I would like to as well, but that's not a sarcastic face. That's a "Your retarded" face to me. (I realize the irony of the quote, it was put in on purpose)

Offline Behumat

• Joust Warrior
  • Coruscant committee to fight urban sprawl
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2005, 07:48:12 pm »
These days I mostly just cruise the threads, seeing which ones I can drive off topic.

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2005, 07:59:24 pm »
I would like to think that he was being sarcastic.

Sarcasm? What's that?
There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.